Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2010, 01:33 PM   #1
MelissathePooh
Disney Regular

Transportation from LAX to DLR

What is the best/most economical method of transportation to DL from the airport for a party of 5 - 3 adults and 2 kids?

I found the Disneyland Resort express for $99 round trip for a party of five - seems reasonable, just wanted to check before I book. We arrive this Saturday!!!!!

Thanks in advance!

While Eeyore frets and Piglet hesitates and Rabbit calculates and Owl pontificates, Pooh just is.
MelissathePooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
stormys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissathePooh View Post
What is the best/most economical method of transportation to DL from the airport for a party of 5 - 3 adults and 2 kids?

I found the Disneyland Resort express for $99 round trip for a party of five - seems reasonable, just wanted to check before I book. We arrive this Saturday!!!!!

Thanks in advance!
Hello Melissa, please check this thread:
Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Super Thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2318297

Here will find a lot of information in relation to what you ask. Personally, for our next trip (Our family we are: DW, 4.5yo DS, 2.5yo DD and Me) we will use "Disneyland Express" to go from the airport (LAX) to the hotel HOJO.

I hope that the information should be useful for you.
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #3
barbaraann
Chicago Gal

I have used the Disney Express Bus from the Santa Ana airport to Disneyland and back. I am sitting on the fence as to whether or not I should fly into LAX or SNA on my next trip which is coming up in a few months. Maybe someone could provide me the information that I am seeking.

Exactly how easy it, logistically, to find the Express Bus once somebody arrives at LAX? At Santa Ana, it is very easy. Also can you pay for the bus when you arrive at the LAX airport the same way that you can at Santa Ana?

Also, I understand that if you stay at the HoJo, the Disneyland Express Bus makes regular pickups, and you don't have to call ahead to be picked up. Has anyone done this, and would you do it again?

Thanks everyone.
barbaraann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #4
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissathePooh View Post

Thanks in advance!
We arrive on Saturday, too!!! We are doing the Disney Express. $99 is the best way to go, IMO.
twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:52 PM   #5
jenksdj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraann View Post
Exactly how easy it, logistically, to find the Express Bus once somebody arrives at LAX? At Santa Ana, it is very easy. Also can you pay for the bus when you arrive at the LAX airport the same way that you can at Santa Ana?

Also, I understand that if you stay at the HoJo, the Disneyland Express Bus makes regular pickups, and you don't have to call ahead to be picked up. Has anyone done this, and would you do it again?

Thanks everyone.
It is extremely easy to find the bus at LAX. The busses come right outside the exit doors from the luggage carousels. Just wait under the green signs and one will come along sooner or later. They stop at every terminal. We have used them 3 times and never found a problem. You don't have to book ahead either, unless maybe the $99 family rate is an online special.

I have never stayed at the HOJO so don't know about the pick up there. You can ask when you get on the bus at the airport. Then you don't have to worry about it for the rest of your stay.

For more information check out their website or call them. www.graylineanaheim.com

First trip to DL April/07
2nd trip to DL Nov/07
3rd trip to DL Dec/08
First trip to WDW May/10
4th trip to DL Nov/10
Next trip to DL Oct/12
jenksdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:15 PM   #6
MelissathePooh
Disney Regular

Thanks everyone! We're arriving around 2:30, but will be 3 hours ahead - thank goodness for the early hours on Sunday! We'll be up by 5am I'm sure

While Eeyore frets and Piglet hesitates and Rabbit calculates and Owl pontificates, Pooh just is.
MelissathePooh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: