Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Has anyone used an e-gift card from Swagbucks?

I have enough points to get a $15 e-gift card from RFC from swagbucks but have never used an e-gift card. Just want to make sure they will accept it (don't know why they wouldn't but I like to worry about everything) It looks like you print the voucher instead of having a card, right?

Thanks!

Last edited by pinkxray; 02-14-2013 at 06:49 PM.
pinkxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
jacksmom
DIS Veteran

I am curious about this as well? Anyone used one??
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
gator75
DIS Veteran

I haven't used swagbucks, but have used a e gift card to marriot hotels. All you do is print it off and present it as you would the plastic type. Very fast and easy to do. I'm sorry i answered by telling you i have used them but not to where you want to but i hope it helps anyway.
gator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
DisneyMOM09
Blessed to be in love with a man who loves Disney!

For Starbucks I have the app on my iphone and I just put my e gift cards on that I get from Viggle... I can even transfer them onto my registered gift card(also on the app) and then I just have them scan my phone.

**** apparently I cannot read, instead of swagbucks I read it as starbucks, sorry it's been a long week!!!

DisneyMOM09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #5
traces7
DIS Veteran

I used an egift card from Swagbucks around Christmas. You redeem your points and than after a few days it shows up in you swagbucks account and you just print it out and take it into the restaurant/store and use it just like a regular gift card. I was even able to use the egift card to buy a real gift card (I wanted to give it as a gift). I got the Starbucks egift card. This was the first time I did it too, so I wasn't exactly sure how it worked, but it was really easy. Hope this helps!
traces7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:11 PM   #6
golf4miami
Mouseketeer

Used two $25 e-gift cards to Target to get a $50 Disney gift card just last week. Both of those e-gift cards were rewarded to me on swagbucks. Had no problems redeeming them.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:28 AM   #7
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Thanks, I ended up ordering it
Old 02-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
dsamama
Earning My Ears

To use the target ones did you have to use your smartphone? My plan was to get the target ones from swagbucks and redeem them for disney cards...but i thought i read that you had to have a smartphone to redeem them in store...I don't have a a smart phone

dsamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #9
D&DDisney
Don't you get it?? You see the hat?? I'm Mrs. Nesbit!!!
I was in another swap

I used a Swagbucks gc at RFC at DTD in Dec. with no problems. I printed the card and handed it to server when we paid the bill. I've also used these gc at Wal-mart. I don't have a Smart Phone so I always print mine.

"I really don't dislike Danica Patrick" ~JOCAmom
D&DDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #10
crazelion
Form feet and legs...form arms and body...and I'll form...THE HEAD!
Why did the monsters at the end of "Voltron" always get killed by the Blazing Sword?

I used swagbucks e-gift cards all the time. I have used target, walmart, steak shake, chili, regal cinamas and applebee's

Thank You GumpyPirate
crazelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:38 AM   #11
figaro2tigger
Earning My Ears

I load the e-card onto a plastic card at Starbucks. Then I register the card online at https://www.starbucks.com/card . There are perks associated with having a registered card. If you purchase a certain amount, you receive a free credit for either a pastry or coffee on your birthday too. I bought a Venti Frappe with mine. When I cash out or win another Starbucks e-card, I load it onto the registered card.
Opt into the e-mails. I registered my Mom's card and last year, I loaded the Starbucks rebate onto her card. A couple of weeks later, Starbucks also e-mailed her $5 as a "Thank-you" for registering and using her card.
She had only used it once and I loaded the rebate-that was all in 6 months!
I use mine much more, but didn't receive an extra $5-it wasn't even her birthday!
There have been 2 different "blonde" Starbucks promotions on Facebook within the last month(only one allowed per FB accoutn total) where you rec'd a $2.60 e-card. I loaded that onto my registered card and used it on the BOGO special last week.

All that being said. Be certain to watch the "braggable bargain" that changes daily M-F on the Swagbucks site. They are often discounts on GC's. I've bought Walmart, CVS, and Paypal on "braggable bargains". I can't remember if Starbucks has been one or not.

Next Monday, Feb 25th is Swagbucks anniversary. They will celebrate with 135 SB's worth of codes.

Enjoy!
figaro2tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:15 AM   #12
krd315
Mouseketeer

OP thanks for posting this. I also wondered about the e-gift cards. Thanks to the responses here I just ordered a $25 Landry's card to use at T-Rex on our trip in August.

Next up: Sept 2014 -POR
Past trips: Aug 2013, Sept 2012, Jan 2012, Aug 2000
krd315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:35 AM   #13
Ladyhawke
Earning My Ears

I've gotten gift cards for Amazon from Swagbucks. They worked fine.
Ladyhawke is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: