Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #31
ChloesDaddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinachichi View Post

I found that they have time for reservation at 9:25 on the day we will be there. What time do the fireworks start? If earlier, then the reservation doesn't make a lot of sense.
The reservation time doesn't really matter. You can get in earlier. Actually I would recommend you do or the selection of remaining desserts may be limited.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #32
TJBerry
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine316 View Post
Ok.. I know some will think I am an idiot but, I just have to ask because we have never seen Tink fly...

Are we talking about a real woman on a harness up there flying over head, or is it some kind of a projection?
It is a real person, yes, but not always a woman, as shown in Robo's picture.
TJBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #33
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloesDaddy View Post
The reservation time doesn't really matter. You can get in earlier. Actually I would recommend you do or the selection of remaining desserts may be limited.
Very true. The area opens up at 8:45.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #34
MYD714
Please stand clear of the doors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
The bridge to Tomorowland, right in front of Walt's Rose Garden. Tink flew right over our heads (complete with a clear view of Tink's butt ) You'll know you are in the right spot when you see her guide line

Same view as the Desert Party, not crowded and free
This is exactly what we do each year. I love it when she flies over us.

MYD714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #35
Chimaera
Mouseketeer

We're doing MK on the 7th, I think they're still doing the special fireworks from the 4th so that means no Tink, right?
Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #36
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBerry View Post

It is a real person, yes, but not always a woman, as shown in Robo's picture.
Too funny. The one time I stood right under the flight path it was a female. A male Tink is slightly scary.
AngiTN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #37
Tinachichi
Mouseketeer

Reservatio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloesDaddy View Post
Good information, thank you. Does the reservation include your own table to sit for the fireworks?
Tinachichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #38
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:

Good information, thank you. Does the reservation include your own table to sit for the fireworks?
The dessert-goers stand at the railing to watch Wishes. If you remain seated, you won't have a very good view of Tink nor of the fireworks.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #39
ChloesDaddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:

You do have your own table -- they are assigned by the order in which reservations were taken, not in the order of when guests arrive. But as the PP noted, nearly everyone goes to the railing for the castle projection show and fireworks. There are some tables closer to the front that would have a good view while seated, but with others at the rail the view most likely will be obstructed. We were lucky to get a larger table (party of five) just behind the first row of tables. It was close enough that our view was not obstructed by the overhang above but far enough from the rail that we could see over others standing there. This is certainly an exception rather than the rule.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:11 AM   #40
Kristine316
Mouseketeer

Gosh, I adore this forum!! I ask a question and I get an answer and even a picture.

Now, I have another thing to add to my to do list for our next trip... Wishes Dessert Party!!

My DH and I both agreed that we have got to see Tink fly.. and we are actually sort of hoping that it is a guy... because heck you can see a woman in a leotard and wings anytime.. it is something special when its a dude.
Kristine316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:43 AM   #41
joyfulDisneytears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post

Uh, well, um...
*clutches chest* ...my childhood...ruined...

I sincerely hope if I'm able to net a dessert party reservation that Tink flies that night. And hopefully she remembers to shave. :P

Park-Hopping Halloweentime Honeymoon - Our Disneymoon PTR - Updated 9/30/13 x4

joyfulDisneytears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:56 AM   #42
Tinachichi
Mouseketeer

Tink

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulDisneytears View Post
*clutches chest* ...my childhood...ruined...

I sincerely hope if I'm able to net a dessert party reservation that Tink flies that night. And hopefully she remembers to shave. :P
Personally, I don't care if she shaves or not.....I just want to see her. Anyway, I made reservations for the night we'll be there and I gotta tell you the agent I talked to on the phone was a little clueless for a Disney representative. We got our reservation for 9:20. Now afew of the previous answers said to get there early. Will they let us in? Should we still be there about 8:30? The rep couldn't answer that. Also this is the first time I've not been able to get either a confirmation email for the reservation or mailed tickets. All I've got is the conf. number. Just seemed a bit odd that they couldn't send an email I could print out. She got a little bent out of shape when I questioned the lack of confirmation.
Tinachichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #43
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Personally, I don't care if she shaves or not.....I just want to see her. Anyway, I made reservations for the night we'll be there and I gotta tell you the agent I talked to on the phone was a little clueless for a Disney representative. We got our reservation for 9:20. Now afew of the previous answers said to get there early. Will they let us in? Should we still be there about 8:30? The rep couldn't answer that. Also this is the first time I've not been able to get either a confirmation email for the reservation or mailed tickets. All I've got is the conf. number. Just seemed a bit odd that they couldn't send an email I could print out. She got a little bent out of shape when I questioned the lack of confirmation.
Arrive about an hour before the fireworks are scheduled to start.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #44
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Yes, they will let you in, 8:45 is when they open up for everyone, regardless your reservation time.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: