Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #16
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailbrittny View Post
I just made a phone call to Disney and they stated that you could apply for additional cards to get the $200 or $100 gift card. I am willing to do it, but I only have the promotional info for the $100 offer. Would anyone be willing to share the link and promo offer?
The only $200 offers that has been out for the last few years were only good for the exact name and address listed on the offer; you can't use someone elses offer code.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:39 AM   #17
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailbrittny View Post
I just made a phone call to Disney and they stated that you could apply for additional cards to get the $200 or $100 gift card. I am willing to do it, but I only have the promotional info for the $100 offer. Would anyone be willing to share the link and promo offer?
I used mine to apply for a second card in my name only. I've used it now this past weekend, so I figure a couple more weeks until I start watching the mail.

I don't think you can share the promo offers, as the codes are linked to a specific name.
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2011, 09:38 AM   #18
marie1203
DIS Veteran

They are able to change the name is certain cases. I got the offer to the X family, but I still have my maiden name. I called to apply and I had to explain that to them and because we had the same address and I was already added to DH card they let me apply.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #19
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

I just applied for my first Disney Visa card today. I settled on the $100 Statement Credit offer, since it's slightly better than the $100 Disney Gift Card offer, especially if you won't be spending the Gift Card soon.

When I get the card, I'll call and see if I can get that Statement Credit bumped up to $200.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #20
emailbrittny
Mouseketeer

Promo for additional cards

Just wanted to post that I called after I got the promotion offer in the mail. Even though I already have a card they suggested I apply for an additional card for the $200 gift card. I did so and just got a letter in the mail stating I already have a credit card and can not apply for an additional one. So I called back today and was told Chase is no longer allowing current cardholders to have additional cards as of 3 weeks ago (mid July). So if you applied recently you will prob get a rejection letter. I did inquire if they could give me some bonus rewards points for all the miscommunication. They noted for the marketing dept and I guess I will get a letter in the mail letting me know if they applied any in the next 2 weeks.
emailbrittny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:33 PM   #21
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
I just applied for my first Disney Visa card today. I settled on the $100 Statement Credit offer, since it's slightly better than the $100 Disney Gift Card offer, especially if you won't be spending the Gift Card soon.

When I get the card, I'll call and see if I can get that Statement Credit bumped up to $200.
I emailed and they gave me 100 Disney Reward Dollars. So combined with the $100 Statement Credit, that's the $200 enrollment bonus.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:08 AM   #22
TravelMama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
I emailed and they gave me 100 Disney Reward Dollars. So combined with the $100 Statement Credit, that's the $200 enrollment bonus.
I would like to do the same thing? What email address did you use? Was the email on the statement?
TravelMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #23
LoveBWVVBR
DIS Veteran

I've gotten this offer twice so far even though I already have the card and use it regularly. I tried to reapply and of course they denied me because I already have the card. When I called they told me that they'd send my request along to the "marketing department". If they come back and say no I'm going to cancel the card. It ticks me off to no end that they are offering such a big bonus to attract new customers but they won't credit the same amount to retain existing customers. To add insult to injury, they keep sending me a $200 offer that they won't let me use
LoveBWVVBR is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: