Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #16
bpesch
DIS Veteran

You couldn't pay me to go to Wal Mart right now. Nothing they have is that important to me.
bpesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:13 AM   #17
pigletto
DIS Veteran

By the time I got done scouring the websites and deals and checking my lists etc yesterday I was stressed and thankful to be done. I can not even imagine going into Walmart on Black Friday. In fact.. I tend to avoid it on weekends as it is. I only go if there is something I really really need. It's busy enough for me on a regular day.
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #18
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Went to Walmart, not once but twice last night/this morning. My shopping list included items from both the 10 PM sale and the 5 AM sale.

First time, got to Walmart about 9:30. My must-have item wasn't a huge item; it was the set of cordless phones for $40. But I couldn't find some of the others, even with their so-called map. I did hinge my bet earlier in the day by buying an external hard drive through Best Buy Online. I never found WM hard drive. I eventually found the 16G memory on an endcap. I also snatched the last Candyland, and some Rubbermaid storage. Was out by about 10:45. It was crowded, but organized. I actually got a cart. Last year, I couldn't even get a cart. I think the carts were from those who left immediately after the 8 PM sale.

Second time, got there about 4 AM (no sleep, shopped all night). My must-have item was the $70 jewelry making kit for $20. No one else wanted it, so I bought a few other items. Three pairs of the $4.50 character pajamas that I think were part of the 8 PM sale (Hello Kitty, Cinderella and Tink). Not crowded at all. I was out by 5:15, and it took that long, only because I went for milk after getting the kit, an my DD, who also went, bought a lot of Christmas decorations.

I guess the problems depend on where you are. There were no problems where I was.

Looking forward to next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: