Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #31
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
But this is still on property and on a Disney Tour. Wonder if this would be an issue.

Pretty sure if you pulled out a veil, a bouquet of flowers and an Internet Ordained Minister they would stop just like if in a park.

Seems that Disney really protects their Disney Wedding Brand.
Wishes Dinner Cruise- If it were me, I'd just wear a nice sundress (no veil and likely not white either) and DH and I would just toast/say some words to each other. You could say it's an Anniversary dinner cruise with family. Maybe OP's DD wants something more wedding-esque though...then the dinner cruise won't work unless they pay Disney's vow renewal fees.

Last edited by lovin'fl; 05-11-2013 at 09:09 AM.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #32
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But this is still on property and on a Disney Tour. Wonder if this would be an issue.

Pretty sure if you pulled out a veil, a bouquet of flowers and an Internet Ordained Minister they would stop just like if in a park.

Seems that Disney really protects their Disney Wedding Brand.
But that's the key. Or, low-key. The example and suggestions given are low-keyed affairs. Nothing huge. Renewing vows is totally different from having a wedding. A wedding is really a legal thing (no matter how spiritual you want to get). And the legalities is what matters. For that, yes, Disney needs to make sure it's all legal or they could get into some serious trouble for allowing a wedding that didn't met the legal standards. But for a vow renewal, totally different ball game. It's just stating that you still love each other after X amount of years. It's not legally binding since you already have that piece of paper somewhere. So no need for a minister or any of that stuff.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #33
scrappymel
DIS Veteran

we did a scavenger hunt through gifts of a lifetime that ended in a simple vow renewal at Cinderella's wishing well a couple years ago. the hunt was super fun, they took pics with my camera, kept it low key, and only charged about $200. at each location, the clues had personal details that i'd shared, and my husband was dumbfounded. the renewal took less than 5 minutes.
*10/6-14/12 - AoA
*10/5-13/13 - CBR

scrappymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #34
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut8 View Post
But that's the key. Or, low-key. The example and suggestions given are low-keyed affairs. Nothing huge. Renewing vows is totally different from having a wedding. A wedding is really a legal thing (no matter how spiritual you want to get). And the legalities is what matters. For that, yes, Disney needs to make sure it's all legal or they could get into some serious trouble for allowing a wedding that didn't met the legal standards. But for a vow renewal, totally different ball game. It's just stating that you still love each other after X amount of years. It's not legally binding since you already have that piece of paper somewhere. So no need for a minister or any of that stuff.
I'm not sure about FL but I'm pretty sure in PA you don't need a ceremony at all. No "I dos", no "Does anyone know why these two shall not be married" etc. Just some signatures on a piece of paper. In fact you really don't need that since PA is a common law state. Live together and call yourself married and legally you are after I think 7 years.

Some may want an officiant and a that stuff.

My point is no one knows how far you can go before Disney thinks its cutting into their Disney Wedding monopoly.

But if its just two of you doing a speech, aka vows, not sure how they could stop you.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #35
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappymel View Post
we did a scavenger hunt through gifts of a lifetime that ended in a simple vow renewal at Cinderella's wishing well a couple years ago. the hunt was super fun, they took pics with my camera, kept it low key, and only charged about $200. at each location, the clues had personal details that i'd shared, and my husband was dumbfounded. the renewal took less than 5 minutes.
I'm assuming this was an outside company setting this up?
Old 05-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #36
scrappymel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm assuming this was an outside company setting this up?
yes. gifts of a lifetime.
*10/6-14/12 - AoA
*10/5-13/13 - CBR

Old 05-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #37
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
yes. gifts of a lifetime.
I thought so. It seems Disney is cool with companies like these as long they keep it low key.

Just don't ask them to do a wedding or I guess really any type of ceremony.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #38
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That sounds like fun. I would love to know more about that, do you happen to have a trip report written somewhere? I looked on the company website, there wasn't that much info there.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #39
scrappymel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
That sounds like fun. I would love to know more about that, do you happen to have a trip report written somewhere? I looked on the company website, there wasn't that much info there.
i'm sorry... i just saw this. i don't have a trip report, but basically i emailed back and forth with trips of a lifetime. our "pixie" took lots of personal info and made laminated cards (dh is holding one in the picture) telling the story of us. we were to be at it's a small world at a specific time. our pixie found us (i had sent her a pic) and gave my dh one of the cards. it told a little bit of our story, had us ride IASW then the next card was given after that. i think there were 5 clues. the last one led us to cinderella's wishing well where we had a mini vow renewal with bubbles and pixie dust. it was fun.

[IMG][/IMG]
*10/6-14/12 - AoA
*10/5-13/13 - CBR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: