Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 07:10 AM   #1
Kremlar
Earning My Ears

use Disney gift cards to purchase park tickets online?

Planning a trip to Disney in February and looking for the best way to buy tickets.

I checked out buying through disneyworld.com and was surprised that there didn't seem to be a way to apply a Disney gift card at check out. Is this correct? Is there any way to use a Disney gift card to buy park tickets online?

Also, I know we can save ~10% going through AAA. Is there any other/better way to save on park tickets?

Thanks!!
Kremlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:19 AM   #2
A10560
Mouseketeer

You can call in but I believe you can only use one gift card plus one other form of payment. The other options are to go to a Disney store or buy the tickets when you arrive at the parks.
A10560 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 07:21 AM   #3
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremlar View Post
Planning a trip to Disney in February and looking for the best way to buy tickets.

I checked out buying through disneyworld.com and was surprised that there didn't seem to be a way to apply a Disney gift card at check out. Is this correct? Is there any way to use a Disney gift card to buy park tickets online?

Also, I know we can save ~10% going through AAA. Is there any other/better way to save on park tickets?

Thanks!!
The only way to use Disney gift cards to buy tickets is by going through Disney. AAA and other 3rd party ticket sources will not accept Disney gift cards as a form of payment.

If you want to purchase tickets without being at the parks, you can get them at a Disney Store in the mall. Their ticket selection will be limited but they will accept as many GCs as you need to use.

If you want to bag the idea of using GCs to make your purchase, then the biggest discount that I know of that is available to the general public would be by going through Undercovertourist.com.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #4
Kremlar
Earning My Ears

OK, thanks guy! I didn't know you could get tickets at the Disney Store. I will check that out!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #5
Kremlar
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the tip on UndercoverTourist.com! We are planning on the 4 day ticket + water fun, and it is a bit cheaper than AAA PLUS it looks like you get a 5th day free! Good deal!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

At the ticket windows we can take an unlimited number of Disney Gift Cards for any ticket transaction.

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in the TPA&S Forum, Post #18-A, you can get all the prices (note that 6.5% sales tax has to be added to the chart). An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

And there is no such thing as a "free" day; it is marketing hype. It is just that the authorized reseller is giving a deeper discount on a five day ticket.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
Kremlar
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the great info! I noticed you specifically mentioned that UndercoverTourist is an "authorized" reseller.

Is there any downside to going through them? With the discount they give, what advantage is there to go through Disney direct - if any?

Thanks again!
Old 12-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #8
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremlar View Post
Thanks for the great info! I noticed you specifically mentioned that UndercoverTourist is an "authorized" reseller.

Is there any downside to going through them? With the discount they give, what advantage is there to go through Disney direct - if any?

Thanks again!
The advantage of going through Disney is that you would be able to make a package with a dining plan... tickets are required with the dining plan. Going through UT means you'll need to book a room only, with no dining plan option.

Huge deal? Absolutely not, particularly if you weren't interested in the dp to begin with - but that's the only thing purchasing outside of Disney causes you to be excluded from.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #9
Kremlar
Earning My Ears

Thanks! We're staying off-property for this trip and I wasn't going to purchase a dining plan.

I'll have to make a post elsewhere in this forum about my trip in general and get some advice on things like parking, etc...

Thanks again!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: