Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
Belle0101
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Online retailers of ladies/womens jeans with an inseam of 36+?

I used to buy all my pants and jeans from a brick and mortar store that specialized in tall clothes for women. Well, just my bad luck, they went out of business this past summer. I've checked a 3 hour radius (driving time) around our hometown and I can't find another store.

I asked at JCPenney's about jeans because they used to carry an Ultra-Tall. The associate said they were no longer selling that, even online. She wasn't sure why though.

I did check Eddie Bauer and the longest inseam I could find there was 35.5 inches. That's close enough if need be but I really preference something a bit longer for myself.

Any suggestions for online retailers? And if so, do you have a favorite style? Do the sizes run true?

Thanks for your help!
Old 10-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
tweety38
Mouseketeer

I was just on JCP and they looked like they had some in ultra longs. Have you tried Old Navy?
tweety38 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
Pamlur
newbies DO get tags!!

My granddaughter orders x-long from American Eagle Outfitters all the time. She's 5'10" and ALL legs.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
dromio42
Mouseketeer

Try Lands End. They hem to order for no extra cost and returns (to Sears) are free, They also take all returns - no questions asked.
dromio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
3angelsmom
Mouseketeer

I second Lands End. Great customer service, no questions asked returns, free hemming, and sign up for email notifications as they often have free ship codes.

Second choice is Eddie Bauer.

Have you looked at the difference between Tall and Long? With some retailers, the torso and length are longer, others only offer a longer leg length. I can't remember which is which since it usually doesn't make a difference for me, but maybe it will help with your situation.
3angelsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #6
Jules123
Mouseketeer

I work with a girl who is 6'3". She orders all her clothes online. Her two favorites are long tall sally and long elegant legs.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:42 AM   #7
crispychicky
Mouseketeer

Gap!

Their XLong inseams are 37". Their web site has a 'Tall' tab under the women's section. http://www.gap.com/browse/division.do?cid=85035
crispychicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #8
Sossy
Mouseketeer

Gap and Banana republic. I usually can get away with Eddie Bauer depending on the type of shoes I wear. For jeans, Lucky comes X-long and they have sales on a regular basis.

BLAB: I really should have played more video games as a child.
Sossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #9
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

I have the opposite problem. I have to hem all my jeans. Its been my experience that the "premium" denim brands (like joe's , sfamk, paige) are longer. I don't know if they are 36in. , but I always have to take more from the bottom of those.
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #10
si-am
DIS Veteran

I am 6'0" and need a 36" inseam. All my jeans come from Gap (sometimes their long length in stores is long enough, but the Xtra long on the website is always perfect, even too long at times!)

I went to an upscale jeans boutique several years ago that only carried high-end brands, and they had nothing for me.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #11
DawnM
Dawn

Try Petite Sophisticate.

Just kidding! I can't even imagine being that tall! I am under 5' tall and I think my inseam is 25"-26" at best. Even petite jeans need hemming.

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #12
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

My favorite online clothing retailer hands down is J Crew. They're expensive, though, so I watch for sales. Levi's also still makes a great jean for about $38 with an inseam of 36, I get them from Zappos.

I have a pair of Lucky Jeans that are a 38" inseam, I got them from The Buckle store at the mall. They were pretty expensive, though.

I do have a pair of jeans in a 36" from Long Elegant Legs, but the quality isn't as good as I would like. The jeans are a few years old so maybe that has changed.

Eddie Bauer and Lands End are good (especially EB), they used to fit me but I think they got a case of the "size creep". I know I didn't get smaller! Anyway, I can't wear them any more.

Also, you may have some good luck with Soft Surroundings. They carry quite a few talls, surprisingly. I have two pair from there.

Also, Ebay is a good site for us tall ladies. High-end designer stuff is quite frequently unhemmed, and goes for a fraction of retail. Just go to their search engine and put in "unhemmed" and see what pops up. Don't put in your size, though, because these pants often come in funky European sizing (apologies in advance to any Europeans reading this ). Measure a pair of your favorite pants (not you!) and compare it to the garment measurements.

Last edited by QueenElinor; 10-07-2012 at 06:52 PM.
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #13
Belle0101
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

OP here - thanks everyone!! Looks like I have some online browsing to do today. I think I'll start with Petite Sophisticate.

I was starting to think I was going to have to wear shorts all winter. And at 6' 0" that's a lot of frozen leg showing! Brrrrr!!

I had a pair of jeans from last year and they don't fit, too tight. I can't figure out why because I lost 10 pounds over the summer. Either I accidently ran them through the dryer or my flubber went south to my midline.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #14
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

I buy a lot of my clothes from JJill. I am 5'10", 130 pounds, inseam length 35-36", super long arms. If you do order from
JJill, order a smaller size than normal, their clothes run large as often is the case with upscale stores. The best buys come from their clearance section, otherwise they are rather pricey.

http://www.jjill.com/jjillonline/index.aspx

kid-at-heart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #15
4GoofyCrew
Mouseketeer

Sounds like everyone already suggested some of the same places I was going to suggest. Bonus though - I now have some new ideas too! I'm 5'11" and it is nice to know that I am not alone in my hunt for long enough pants!
01-2012 AS SPORTS Free DDP
Always dreaming about another trip!
4GoofyCrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: