Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #16
Karbase8
DIS Veteran

Hi I enjoyed your trip report. I happen to love the People Mover but it's nostalgia for me knowing it since childhood being fearful of Space Mountain it was a way for me to see it and relax my feet from walking all day. The tiki brids I agree I absolutely loved this is as a child but seeing it last year I was bored it's still a classic for me though. And Illuminations I really enjoy and I like that it's laid back I don't need to see it every trip though. Each family has it's own tastes and styles.
Karbase8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #17
MMD281
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karbase8 View Post
Hi I enjoyed your trip report. I happen to love the People Mover but it's nostalgia for me knowing it since childhood being fearful of Space Mountain it was a way for me to see it and relax my feet from walking all day. The tiki brids I agree I absolutely loved this is as a child but seeing it last year I was bored it's still a classic for me though. And Illuminations I really enjoy and I like that it's laid back I don't need to see it every trip though. Each family has it's own tastes and styles.
Nobody answered my previous question about the People Mover so let me try again. Was the ride BROKEN when I rode it? As I recall, it enters the various buildings (like Space Mountain) and you can see a little of what the ride is about while you're in there. So the People Mover was sort of a little preview of Tomorrowland. When we rode it, there's was nothing but a pitch black tunnel in almost every building we went in.
MMD281 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #18
uccats97
Mouseketeer

Tomorrowland Transit Authority,aka Peoplemover is sort of a preview of Tomorrowland. You see a brief part of Space Mountain & Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. Otherwise it is just a relaxing ride above Tomorrowland.
2001 DL/CA offsite, 2002 WDW offsite, 2003 WDW offsite, 2005 WDW offsite, 2007 WDW offsite, 2009 WDW offsite (Spring), 2009 WDW SSR (July), 2010 WDW ASMovies, 2011 WDW offsite (June), 2011 WDW, MVMCP Doubletree DTD (December), 2012 WDW offsite (June), 2012 DL/CA, minus the kids, offsite (December), 2013 WDW Princess Half Marathon weekend ASMusic (Feb), 2013 WDW AoA Cars Suite (June), 2014 WDW Pop Century Mother/Daughter trip (March/April), 2014 WDW Pop Century Birthday Surprise (July), 2014 WDW POR Tower of Terror 10 Miler (October)
uccats97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #19
Karbase8
DIS Veteran

Good question about the People mover I rode it again in 2011 and you are right I didn't see much going on Space Mountain, but my last trip last August I saw a few of the rockets going by the hard part it is if there is no action when you are at that point of the People mover but you should be able to see the rockets in Space Mountain it's a very dark ride, did you get to ride Space Mountain? I rode it once as I am a ride chicken I screamed the entire team it was a bit jerky and like a Wild Mouse ride in the dark I am glad I experenced it once.
Karbase8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #20
MMD281
Earning My Ears

OK then, it sounds like something was broken when we road it then because the only thing I saw in any of the buildings was a little bit of the Buzz Lightyear ride.
MMD281 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: