Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #121
tje4ku
Earning My Ears

cabo info

Can someone please pm me the cabo resort info as well. thanks!
tje4ku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #122
HartNSoul76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acpalmer View Post
I'd love to have the info if you could PM it to me--thanks!
I don't think you can pm me but I would love the resort info ... we are doing the trip in April and booked the excursion but would like to know the info incase we want to do it agin the second day. - Thank you

Thanks for the info ... I guess you can PM me now

Last edited by HartNSoul76; 02-13-2012 at 12:01 AM.
HartNSoul76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #123
janjandis
DIS Veteran

Looking for a PM of the Cabo resort as well. Thanks!
janjandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #124
mjhayes
Earning My Ears

Super!

Thank you so much for posting. I am getting into the panic mode here! We are going on our first Disney Cruise-MR in March. Loved all the information you shared. It is so great to hear what cruisers like you have to say. We are traveling with my husband and two eight year old kids. Cannot wait!!!! Loved your pirate pics!@
mjhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #125
mamahemingway
Earning My Ears

cabo ??

I would love to have someone PM / send me that cabo resort info too
thank you very much
we leave a month from today - can't wait
mamahemingway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #126
tiffflorez
Earning My Ears

cabo

Can someone please pm me the cabo resort info as well. thanks!
tiffflorez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #127
LimoFam5
DIS Veteran

Location: Los Alamitos (Rossmoor), but most of the time we are at Disneyland.

Cabo Resort Info...

Sooooo it turns out unless I am in full on vacation mode I kinda suck at keeping up with the disboards.....I missed sooo many PM request for the Cabo Resort info so here it is.

http://www.villadelpalmar-cabo.com/
The resort is Villa del Palmar, day pass is available on the day of arrival. Hotel phone number from US line is 011 52 624 145 7000 (this # gets you hotel and not service center like the 888# does) or you can try 888-317-2226 in case you wanted to just call and confirm day pass prices, but what we paid was $50.00 per adult and $25.00 per child under 11. Day passes are purchased when you arrive at hotel at the front desk. There is no real reason to call the resort in advance other then to confirm that day passes will be offered in the month you trip is taking place, but I was told they are ALWAYS offered. The ages of children are not checked and children don’t even have to stand with you at check in so if you have kids 11-15 I would suggest you just say they are 10 or 11, the purpose of charging and adult $50.00 is to cover the fact that alcohol drinks are included in all day pass price. It is an excellent deal and excellent price for all you get. Soooooo don’t be shy to order as much as you want off the menu for drinks and food……. Oh and something the kids will love is the day pass covers all you can order ice cream and smoothies…..YUMMY
Not all waiters there at the resort are familiar with the day pass so I would make sure you waiter knows that you have paid the front desk for day pass and that includes all you can eat and drink, if you have any problems a quick talk with the front desk will resolve the situation. I was told at the time that they usually give day passers a wrist band but when we went they were out. I again would suggest paying cash, at the end of the day you will have to sign for your bill…..DO NOT FREAK……this is just for hotel record keeping purposes, you do not give them a credit card and DO NOT write in a tip. As I suggested in my report I would tell your waiter that if he takes care of you all day you will take care of him before you leave the resort, it makes the tipping so much easier and this way you don’t feel like you have to tip him for each drink or food item you order. REMEMBER ALL DRINKS and FOOD is free. Please try and keep it low key that you are from the Disney Cruise Line because I am sure if Disney got wind of this deal they would either prohibit the hotel from selling day passes to cruisers or stop doing business with the hotel because if you look at it from Disney’s point of view the more people who know about hotel day passes the more people who will do a day pass directly with the hotel and skip the overpriced excursion with DCL.
We did the day pass on day one when we were in Cabo it worked out best with time, day pass is good until 6pm and we arrived to Cabo at 11am and departed at 6:30pm so we had more then enough time to enjoy the day pass.
It is about a 10 min taxi ride from where the tender drops you. Make sure you reach a rate for the taxi before you get in. As FYI our original taxi rate was going to be $3 per person each way for 13 of us in a van, but we got them down to $21 each way.
Have fun and enjoy……
LimoFam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #128
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

Were there several large van taxis available at the Cabo port or did you pre-arrange for one? We have a party of 12 and are wondering if we'll need to split up. Also, where exactly should we go to catch a taxi once we get off the tender? Thanks!

(Sent you a PM, too!)

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report
Double Dip on the Disney Wonder ~ September 2014 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #129
Double Trouble
Ready for Vacation!

Cabo Taxis

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciemouse View Post
Were there several large van taxis available at the Cabo port or did you pre-arrange for one? We have a party of 12 and are wondering if we'll need to split up. Also, where exactly should we go to catch a taxi once we get off the tender? Thanks!

(Sent you a PM, too!)
There are a couple of areas just off the dock to catch a cab.

1. Walk straight ahead off the dock (no turns). You'll pass an ice cream stand on your right and there will be a bar straight ahead. Wiggle slightly to the left (follow the walkway) and you'll see a street where several smaller cabs pick up and drop off people. This is where the mexican food trucks are also if you're so inclined.

2. For larger groups, you can turn right off the dock (staying on the edge of the marina), then left just before the dolphin facility. It's just a couple minute walk. There are usually several large white vans parked there. Used them many times.

Good luck and have fun!

Apr 2014, Disney Fantasy, Western Caribbean, 7-day, Spring Break
Oct 2013, Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean 7-day, Just Because
Jun 2013, Disney Magic, Mediterranean 12-day (Inaugural Greece/Turkey), Father's Day
May 2013, Disney Wonder, Pacific Coast Northbound Repo 7-day, Memorial Day
Nov 2012, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 7-day, Thanksgiving
Apr 2012, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 7-day, Spring Break
Dec 2011, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 8-day, Christmas
Apr 2011, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 10-day, Easter/Earth Day, Spring Break
Jun 2010, Mariner of the Seas, Pacific Coast 7-day (it's not Disney, but it was dirt cheap...so we went)
Apr 2009, Disney Magic, Western Caribbean 7-day, Earth Day, Spring Break
Jun 2008, Disney Magic, Mexican Riviera 7-day, Father's Day
Oct 2007, Disney Magic, Eastern Caribbean 7-day, Halloween
Many others (non-DCL) before the DD's came along
Double Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #130
GRANDMOMMY17
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimoFam5 View Post
No sign and on every cruise usually the check in cast members will say the cruise is SOLD OUT.....however it never hurts to check with the supervisor desk. On our Eastern Carrib cruise we were told by the cast member checking us in that NO UPGRADES were available......once I finished with the initial check in I walked over and got in supervisor line (which is seperate and they do have in San Pedro) and once it was my turn I asked if any upgrades were available and low and behold the answer was YES!!!!
So if an upgrade is what you are looking for it never hurts to just double check with the supervisors desk following your initial check in.
It is my understanding that upgrades are not permissable with a vgt, is that correct?
GRANDMOMMY17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: