Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2010, 11:34 PM   #1
mjaclyn
Currently in Wonderland

Need Superhero Costume Ideas!

DD was invited to a Superhero party a week from Saturday. I have NO idea what kind of Superheros there are that she could be besides one of the Incredibles. She's only 3 so I'd like her to be a 'good' guy...LOL. Any ideas?? I'd have to buy the costume online or in a store because I can't sew to save my life...
Old 04-09-2010, 11:41 PM   #2
Fantasmic23
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
DD was invited to a Superhero party a week from Saturday. I have NO idea what kind of Superheros there are that she could be besides one of the Incredibles. She's only 3 so I'd like her to be a 'good' guy...LOL. Any ideas?? I'd have to buy the costume online or in a store because I can't sew to save my life...
How cute!!

Wonder Woman
Bat Girl
Super Girl
Blue Ranger (from Power Rangers)
Pink Ranger (from Power Rangers)
One of the Power Puff Girls
Kim Possible
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2010, 11:42 PM   #3
kampfirekim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
What about a mini Wonder Woman, Susan Storm from the Fantastic 4, Batgirl, Supergirl, I have even seen a Spidergirl costume. (I can't remember where, sorry.) Other than one of the Incredibles, that's all I can think of. Hope it helps.
kampfirekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:43 AM   #4
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

I would see what kind of coustume you can find and THEN decide.

Check out the PJ's. They often have super hero ones with a cape and then there are PJ"S to wear later!!!!
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:55 AM   #5
Familyof4lovesDW
DIS Veteran

I asked dd5 she said supergirl. She also likes Miss Marvel and Storm from The Superhero Squad series on cartoon network (I have a DS also )
Old 04-10-2010, 09:34 AM   #6
Hannathy
When I stop laughing I will answer you

I know you said you can't sew BUT many things can be made without any real sewing.

Like Bat girl- Black leotard with tights or leggings, yellow gloves, yellow belt-can be yellow material folded and pinned closed, black cape, and cut out a yellow bat out of felt and stick it to her chest. add black ears- can hot glue felt ears onto a headband if none available this time of year and you are done! you can add a little black skirt if your DD would feel more comfortable.

You can make a cape out of material without sewing because if you don't want to be able to wash it or for it to last for a long time you can hot glue it.
Hannathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #7
Perditamarie
DIS Veteran

We love Wordgirl from the PBS series!!

http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes...l-costume.html
Old 04-10-2010, 11:09 AM   #8
Kat&Dom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannathy View Post
I know you said you can't sew BUT many things can be made without any real sewing.

Like Bat girl- Black leotard with tights or leggings, yellow gloves, yellow belt-can be yellow material folded and pinned closed, black cape, and cut out a yellow bat out of felt and stick it to her chest. add black ears- can hot glue felt ears onto a headband if none available this time of year and you are done! you can add a little black skirt if your DD would feel more comfortable.

You can make a cape out of material without sewing because if you don't want to be able to wash it or for it to last for a long time you can hot glue it.
My son is huge super hero fan and we go to the Fabric store and look through the remnants and have found lots of cool material for cheap to make capes for him. I think we paid $3 and got 5 capes for him. All I did was sew at the neck part but you could use a safety pin and there you have a cape.

I think as the PP said, Bat girl would be super easy to do and you probably already have all the things you need. You could check at Toys R Us and get a bat face mask there. They always have Batman outfits year round. I think that we own everyone under the sun. My son has 5 batman costumes - all different, Superman, Flash, Wolverine and the Hulk - he is the costume king.
Kat&Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:09 PM   #9
mjaclyn
Currently in Wonderland

Thanks so much for the ideas!!! I just ordered a Super Girl costume from Amazon. I hope it fits her!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: