Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
sarehm
Boston Terriers Rule!

Parking ?

We will be staying off site our next trip and will be driving to the parks. Do buses run from DD to the parks and how early do they start running? I'm not sure what the best option will be for us since we'll be park hopping every day. Is it just as fast to park at AK then when we're done drive over to Hollywood Studios?
Old 09-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #2
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarehm View Post
We will be staying off site our next trip and will be driving to the parks. Do buses run from DD to the parks and how early do they start running? I'm not sure what the best option will be for us since we'll be park hopping every day. Is it just as fast to park at AK then when we're done drive over to Hollywood Studios?
No, the busses do not run from DD to the parks.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
When we go, we stay off site as well. When we park hop, we have personally found its faster to just drive to next park. If we start at AK and decide to go to DHS, we will just drive there. Beats having to take a bus back to AK, then get your car. Parking is transferable from park to park. You only need to pay once per day. Just show them your parking ticket when you get to the next park.

Our only exception is, if we are park hopping between Epcot and MK. We'll just stay parked at one park or the other, and we'll just use the monorail. Between these 2, we'll park at the park we'll be at last.

And the PP is correct. There are no buses from DTD to the parks.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
janabananas
DIS Veteran

Just my 2 cents:

DTD does not have direct transport to any park.

It would probably be better to just park at the park you will be starting with, then drive to the park you are going to once you are done. Once you pay at 1 park, you can park at any other's for the day without paying again. That way you are not dependent on the Disney transport system.

I am doing the complete opposite though, because I will be starting my day at MK and ending it at MK so I am parking at the MK lot and monorailing over to EPCOT, then boating to DHS, then going back the way I came. I am doing a leisurely tour day so I don't care about how much time I am using waiting on transport.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:15 AM   #5
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
When we go, we stay off site as well. When we park hop, we have personally found its faster to just drive to next park. If we start at AK and decide to go to DHS, we will just drive there. Beats having to take a bus back to AK, then get your car. Parking is transferable from park to park. You only need to pay once per day. Just show them your parking ticket when you get to the next park.

Our only exception is, if we are park hopping between Epcot and MK. We'll just stay parked at one park or the other, and we'll just use the monorail. Between these 2, we'll park at the park we'll be at last.

And the PP is correct. There are no buses from DTD to the parks.
I definitely agree with you re: parking hopping and driving. It is, indeed, much quicker to just drive. And, I also totally agree with your Epcot/MK idea.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:59 AM   #6
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, buses do not run from DtD to the parks anymore because too many people were doing that to avoid the parking fee. I would just drive the car to/from all the parks. Your parking pass is good for the entire day even if you go to another WDW park. So, if you go to AK in the morning you would pay the $14 (I think that's what it is now). When you drive to DHS, you would just show the gate attendant your parking receipt and they would wave you through. I find it extremely easy to get around the WDW roads.

Hope this helps.
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:18 PM   #7
sarehm
Boston Terriers Rule!

Driving between parks makes total sense and is probably much quicker than waiting around for the buses. I'm so used to staying on site and just not even thinking about it so thank you all for the advice!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: