Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
debdebdebby13
Mouseketeer

Just got my first pair of crocs for Disney... (and another question)

I got these at Academy:

http://www.amazon.com/crocs-Carlie-M...4043634&sr=1-5

They are pretty comfortable (from the 45 minutes I've been wearing them) but they are a bit tight across the top of my foot close to the ankle. I think they are supposed to be more fitted than typical crocs, but I've got wide (very wide) feet so they are a tiny bit tight. Do they loosen up at all after wearing for a few days?

Also, my DH needs to get some WDW appropriate shoes. We were at Academy tonight and he tried on some store type brand sandals and some Teva closed toed sandals, but he said the Teva's were uncomfortable because the arch is too high (didn't like the off brand either).

So what are some suggestions for shoes for him. We want shoes that can get wet and dry easily, closed toed, probably sandals, not super high arches and come big, DH wears a size 13
October 2012- POP with free dining

Last edited by debdebdebby13; 04-28-2011 at 11:12 PM.
debdebdebby13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:56 PM   #2
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

I've never had crocks loosen up or "break in" after wearing them. It's one of the only downsides to them, actually...

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2011, 10:58 PM   #3
jodi90
Mouseketeer

I've never worn that particular style but the Crocs that I have always loosen up a bit. Hopefully yours will too
Old 04-28-2011, 11:00 PM   #4
nilla
The sky is falling!

I got my first pair of Crocs two years ago, and due to a sizing issue, I was not able to break them in for more than a few days before our trip. They rubbed like crazy against the back of my heel, and it sucked.

However...they did eventually break in, and I haven't had a problem with them since. Well, not entirely true - I wore them way to much and have since taken all of the tread off of them, but I certainly got my money's worth.

If you have time to break them in, you might might be ok, but make sure you really wear them a lot before your trip.
nilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:03 PM   #5
debdebdebby13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilla View Post
I got my first pair of Crocs two years ago, and due to a sizing issue, I was not able to break them in for more than a few days before our trip. They rubbed like crazy against the back of my heel, and it sucked.

However...they did eventually break in, and I haven't had a problem with them since. Well, not entirely true - I wore them way to much and have since taken all of the tread off of them, but I certainly got my money's worth.

If you have time to break them in, you might might be ok, but make sure you really wear them a lot before your trip.
We are leaving May 31st so I'll wear them quite a bit before then, hopefully that will do the trick.
October 2012- POP with free dining
debdebdebby13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:06 PM   #6
sammielynn
DIS Veteran

If you will heat them up just a bit with a hair dryer and put them on they will give just a little. Or at least the styles I tried did, this looks like it could be a different material.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:18 PM   #7
Disney grandma
DIS Veteran

The original style crocs are not as narrow as the Mary Jane style. I have two pair of the original (one has Mickey ears)and they are very comfortable, but I cannot wear the Mary Jane style.
Disney grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:51 AM   #8
TinkerCarol
6 Years Cancer Free Mouseketeer

Try Wearing Socks with them

Try the socks for a few days - maybe even 2 pairs. It should help stretch them a little! Good luck!

Last edited by TinkerCarol; 04-29-2011 at 12:51 AM. Reason: spelling
TinkerCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:24 AM   #9
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Make sure you break in your new crocs. When I get new ones before a trip I wear them around the house like slippers for at least 3 weeks. It works great! We always get Beach or Caymens but last year our daughter wore Mary Janes and she said her feet hurt. They seemed a lot flatter then her usual crocs so I'm guessing they didn't offer as much support for all that walking.
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:16 AM   #10
michellelovesthemous
DIS Veteran

I have been able to pull and stretch our crocs a bit manually off the foot. Grab them on the sides and pull and tug on them.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:46 AM   #11
pampam
DIS Veteran

If you think they will be too tight for your comfort, put them in the dryer for 5 or 10 minutes . In the meantime, put 2 pair of socks on your feet, and put the warm crocks on your feet directly from the dryer. Wear them till they cool, and they should keep the stretched shape.
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:42 AM   #12
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampam View Post
If you think they will be too tight for your comfort, put them in the dryer for 5 or 10 minutes . In the meantime, put 2 pair of socks on your feet, and put the warm crocks on your feet directly from the dryer. Wear them till they cool, and they should keep the stretched shape.
Works every time for me.

To the OP, it also works with the new material.

kaffinito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:05 PM   #13
pArKsFaN
Mouseketeer

I haven't seen the new translucent styles in person, so I don't know if they'll loosen up....but if they are at all uncomfortable I would be sure to bring extra shoes in case you need them. FWIW, I have wider feet and the old style Mary Janes are really comfy:
http://www.6pm.com/crocs-mary-jane

Candace is nice for a wider foot, but this style doesn't have a heel strap.
http://www.crocs.com/crocs-candace/11294

Finally, a bit less stylish but very comfy....wore Duets a lot on my last trip:
http://www.crocs.com/crocs-duet/

If you stick with those Carlie Mary Janes please update how you like them after your trip! I think they are cute, but wonder if feet will sweat a lot in them without the little vents around the edges? That's the only thing that has stopped me from trying them.

My dh wears a 13 as well and has good luck with the regular Teva sandals (hurricane maybe), and Columbia brand. They've been comfortable and they last. I've heard great things about Keen as well.
pArKsFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:53 AM   #14
Belle83
DIS Veteran

Have your husband check out Keens or Merrells.
Belle83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: