Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
Julie711
DIS Veteran

Packing for 12 month old.

I know in the gift shops at hotels they have diapers and some snack foods, but does anyone know if they have baby food? My DS will have just turned 12 months when we go in November so he will be eating table food but also eats the gerber graduate meals & gerber snacks. Also for diapers do they carry every size? I can bring diapers and his gerber foods from home, but then that will take up alot of room in his suitcase & we really didnt want to order groceries b/c i know there is a minimal amount and we dont really need anything else.
Thanks

Me DH DD(6yrs)DS(2 yrs)

9/06- CBR- Honeymoon/ 4/10- CBR- 1st Family Trip/ 8/10- CBR- Family & Grandmom Visit/ 5/11- CBR/ 2/12-AKL- Kid Free Trip For My B Day!/ 11/12- BWV- 1st Christmas Visit 4/13-DL-DH Birthday Trip Kid Free/ 9/13-WLV

Julie711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

You can ship a box to your resort before you go. You would probably pay WAY less for shipping than you would be spending in theme park mark up on the items.

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #3
Julie711
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy13d69
You can ship a box to your resort before you go. You would probably pay WAY less for shipping than you would be spending in theme park mark up on the items.
Good idea, I'll have to check into this because I could ship his diapers, good and snacks and some of our snacks and just buy little things at gift shop like milk, water and soda ( mainly for room ). Wonder how soon I should ship out?? And if hotel will hold it for us

Me DH DD(6yrs)DS(2 yrs)

9/06- CBR- Honeymoon/ 4/10- CBR- 1st Family Trip/ 8/10- CBR- Family & Grandmom Visit/ 5/11- CBR/ 2/12-AKL- Kid Free Trip For My B Day!/ 11/12- BWV- 1st Christmas Visit 4/13-DL-DH Birthday Trip Kid Free/ 9/13-WLV

Julie711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #4
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie711 View Post
Good idea, I'll have to check into this because I could ship his diapers, good and snacks and some of our snacks and just buy little things at gift shop like milk, water and soda ( mainly for room ). Wonder how soon I should ship out?? And if hotel will hold it for us
Someone said the hotel will hold it for up to a month. You'll need to call to find out what to put on the label, so you can ask how long they will hold it. If you drink soda that isn't a Coke product, you will have to find some way of getting it too, they only sell Coke products on Disney property.

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #5
constancefamily
Earning My Ears

I definitely would not buy diapers anywhere on property. I made the mistake of not restocking the diaper bag one day on our last trip. I bought a pack of 10-12 diapers for $10. It was outrageous! Snacks and juice are pretty pricy for Ferber brand as well. I think shipping a box ahead of time would be your best bet. We drive so I don't have to deal with not having room but if we did,I would definitely ship ahead of time or do garden grocer. They have a minimum but with diapers and other things, I don't think you would have a problem meeting it.
constancefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #6
ConvenientTruth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie711 View Post
I know in the gift shops at hotels they have diapers and some snack foods, but does anyone know if they have baby food? My DS will have just turned 12 months when we go in November so he will be eating table food but also eats the gerber graduate meals & gerber snacks. Also for diapers do they carry every size? I can bring diapers and his gerber foods from home, but then that will take up alot of room in his suitcase & we really didnt want to order groceries b/c i know there is a minimal amount and we dont really need anything else.
Thanks
Same thing you would for a 1 year old....

Unless you order food or have a way to get to one of the grocers you will want to bring some of the stuff with you....at least diapers and some food items....Like others have said....you can ship some items to the hotel ahead of time....
Old 10-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #7
mom2clr
Mouseketeer

If you go over to the resorts boards, there is a great link on shipping items to your resort. Here's the link...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437212

On our previous trips I have sent a box down with all necessary baby items and snacks. Only on this past trip have I not placed a Garden Grocer delivery. I used to order water, milk, yogurt, any thing that needed to be refrigerated. However, on this last trip, I brought refillable water bottles from home and bought milk at the hotel store.

I would mail out the box a week before via Federal Express and once we arrived, I would let the front desk know I had a package and they would have Bell Services bring it to our room.

Jan '10 POFQ; Jul '10 POP; Sep '10 POP; May '12 POFQ

mom2clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #8
merina888
Mouseketeer

My understanding is that the resorts will hold your packages for 10 days if you are coming in domestically (live in the US) or a month if you are international. Be sure and give yourself at least a week's turnaround unless you want to pay extra for shipping. I made that mistake last trip and we paid a ton to have it shipped 2 day air to make sure it was there when we got there. Be aware that if you stay at a convention hotel (like CSR, GF, etc.) there may be an additional charge to receive and store your package. I would also save your box so that if you need to ship anything home (which your resort will do for you), you have something to use. We had a hard time on the last day finding a box to pack everything in.
merina888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #9
nemofans
DIS Veteran

I have done 2 things when traveling w/an infant/toddler. A couple times I have ordered from babiestravellite.com which shipped directly to our resort a day or 2 b4 our arrival. They have every baby need you can think of, even food.
Then I started shipping my own box to the resort. I would ship it a week b4 check in & make sure you ship it directly to the hotel address, not WDW address. As PP mentioned, you will be charged a fee if you ship to a convention resort only.
At the other resorts, just let them know you have a package at check in.
I shipped diapers/wipes, swim diapers, disposable sippys, disposable bibs, snacks, breakfast items for all of us.

8/2000 Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 Poly, 02/2008 AKL, 2/2010 CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 76 out of 85
nemofans is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: