Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2010, 11:41 PM   #1
mystic_path
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them, Walt Disney

Question Goofy's Kitchen Vouchers

I've been to Goofy's Kitchen before but have just made those 60 day prior reservations, and walked in and paid for it. I am planning to go back during my May/June trip, and wanna know if there is a better suggestion on price. Where do you buy your vouchers for Goofy's Kitchen from? Or is it cheaper to just walk in and pay for it up front? Sometimes you can find those deals. Its an all adult party. No kids.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:53 AM   #2
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic_path View Post
I've been to Goofy's Kitchen before but have just made those 60 day prior reservations, and walked in and paid for it. I am planning to go back during my May/June trip, and wanna know if there is a better suggestion on price. Where do you buy your vouchers for Goofy's Kitchen from? Or is it cheaper to just walk in and pay for it up front? Sometimes you can find those deals. Its an all adult party. No kids.
If you don't have an AP or Disney Visa for discounts, I'd look into the price of the vouchers. Try Getawaytoday.com or Ares travel for vouchers. They've changed the way you buy them since I did it in September, so I'm not sure if they are worth it. The vouchers are the same price for brunch or dinner.

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2010, 12:54 AM   #3
mystic_path
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them, Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Minnies1Mickey View Post
If you don't have an AP or Disney Visa for discounts, I'd look into the price of the vouchers. Try Getawaytoday.com or Ares travel for vouchers. They've changed the way you buy them since I did it in September, so I'm not sure if they are worth it. The vouchers are the same price for brunch or dinner.
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I dont have an annual pass as much as I would really like one.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #4
IBLarsen
DIS Veteran

Also check the voucher prices on last minute travel.com. They offer two different character meal vouchers, premium and regular. Goofys is in the Premium Catergory, I had to call them to ask The adult pricing is $34, including tax and gratuity. Not sure how that compares with Getaway and Ares, We used Ares last year and it worked great and definately saved money over walk in!
IBLarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #5
mystic_path

What is the premium dining? I seen something briefly on regular and premium dining but it doesn't specify what that means.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
IBLarsen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic_path View Post
What is the premium dining? I seen something briefly on regular and premium dining but it doesn't specify what that means.
I can't remember all the restaurants are considered Premium vs Reguglar dining. However I do know that Goofy's is the Premium. And I know that Minnies and Friends Breakfast is considered the Regular dining. Those are the only two I asked about specifically.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:03 PM   #7
JadeDarkstar
Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom

goofy an Ariel is premiums meals, all others are normal
JadeDarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:42 PM   #8
mystic_path

Are there added perks to premium vs regular?
Old 03-23-2010, 04:32 PM   #9
Disney Dider
Mouseketeer

That lastminutetravel is a great deal!!! Has anyone used them before? Do they charge for shipping the vouchers or it it something that is emailed to you?

Disneyland Adventures:
1989,1990,1993,1996,1998,2003,2005,2007,2007,2008, 2009,2010, and soon to be June 2011!!!
Disney Dider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:22 PM   #10
IBLarsen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dider View Post
That lastminutetravel is a great deal!!! Has anyone used them before? Do they charge for shipping the vouchers or it it something that is emailed to you?
I did call...but I haven't actually purchased the vouchers yet. There is no fee. I was told to let LMT know when we want the PS for and they will schedule for us and they said to take our emailed confirmation to the restaurant, they would have us all set. Not sure that it makes total sense to me and before I purchase, I will likely call again to see if I get the same answer. But yes, they have great pricing! It may be worth a call for you to verify how it works.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:25 PM   #11
PRomano
Mouseketeer

Do you have a link
PRomano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:59 AM   #12
DizFan13
DIS Veteran

We are also thinking of buying vouchers for Goofy's for this trip. Does anyone know if the tax and gratuity are included? And do ARES and/or GAT send you vouchers in the mail, and if so, how far in advance do they need to be ordered?
Old 03-24-2010, 11:31 AM   #13
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizFan13 View Post
We are also thinking of buying vouchers for Goofy's for this trip. Does anyone know if the tax and gratuity are included? And do ARES and/or GAT send you vouchers in the mail, and if so, how far in advance do they need to be ordered?

No nothing is mailed you get an email conf. which you take with you to the parks, show the conf. & your ID and you are given the voucher from a Cast Member. I know where to go I just don't know what it's called....
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:10 PM   #14
IBLarsen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizFan13 View Post
Yes taxes and gratuities are included on the voucher cost Your voucher is emailed to you and you turn it in at guest services (I think that's what it is) to get these ticket things that you take to the restaurant.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: