Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #31
taymacsmom
DIS Veteran

So jealous!! Have a great time at the beach. How's the weather?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #32
racinjunkie
Mouseketeer

The weather is beautiful! We actually have the sliding door open listening to the ocean
racinjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #33
racinjunkie
Mouseketeer

Good morning all! Waking up to the sound of waves crashing on the beach is amazing! Dh and dd are already up walking on the beach looking for shells. Ds is still sleeping. Not sure what our breakfast plan will be. Later we're going over to the speedway for an all access tour, I cannot wait. Afterwards we'll come back here to the beach.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #34
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinjunkie View Post
Good morning all! Waking up to the sound of waves crashing on the beach is amazing! Dh and dd are already up walking on the beach looking for shells. Ds is still sleeping. Not sure what our breakfast plan will be. Later we're going over to the speedway for an all access tour, I cannot wait. Afterwards we'll come back here to the beach.
Sounds great! Regretting not staying in Daytona before our pop check in! How is the resort?

August 2014 Trip Report (In progress) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324325

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
DisMom1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #35
racinjunkie
Mouseketeer

Amazing First Full Day of Vacation

Hi all!! Coming to you from the complimentary computers in the lobby of the Hilton Daytona Beach.

dismom1981, the Hilton here on Daytona Beach is beautiful! It's a bit strange to be in such a nice resort and still see folks walking in the marble lobby in wet swimsuits but that doesn't take away from anything. The staff has been very nice and accommodating.

This morning we headed out for breakfast at ihop. Everyone enjoyed their meals. We made a quick stop at Walgreens for a toothbrush for dh that he *swears* he put in his bag LOL.

Then we headed to Daytona Speedway where the salesman with the Richard Petty Driving Experience talked me into doing a ride along. I got to go around the track 3 laps at 165 miles per hour. It was so awesome!! Then we all went on the 90 minute tour. I have tons of pics if I can ever be in the room long enough to upload them.

After the tour we grabbed lunch at Johnny Rockets in a shopping area adjacent to our hotel and hit the beach. We rented ds a boogie board and dd a 3 wheeled low to the ground bike and they had a blast. Actually ds is still out there on the waves 2+ hours later. Dd and I had enough beach for now and tried out the pool...aaahhhhhh so relaxing and shaded. She wanted a sweet snack so we found a place that had a carrot cake she enjoyed. Now we're here. She's trying to upload a video for a duct tape collaborative she belongs to but is having difficulty so I'm going to close this post and see if I can help her.

Dinner tonight is planned for a make your own pizza place... not sure how that works but it's in that same shopping area from earlier and we think it has outdoor seating which is what we're looking for.

Tomorrow we check into ASMu and head to Epcot!!!

Old 08-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #36
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Sounds awesome. I will keep this in mind for a future trip! Thanks for the details about the resort!

August 2014 Trip Report (In progress) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324325

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 08-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #37
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi all!! Coming to you from the complimentary computers in the lobby of the Hilton Daytona Beach.

dismom1981, the Hilton here on Daytona Beach is beautiful! It's a bit strange to be in such a nice resort and still see folks walking in the marble lobby in wet swimsuits but that doesn't take away from anything. The staff has been very nice and accommodating.

This morning we headed out for breakfast at ihop. Everyone enjoyed their meals. We made a quick stop at Walgreens for a toothbrush for dh that he *swears* he put in his bag LOL.

Then we headed to Daytona Speedway where the salesman with the Richard Petty Driving Experience talked me into doing a ride along. I got to go around the track 3 laps at 165 miles per hour. It was so awesome!! Then we all went on the 90 minute tour. I have tons of pics if I can ever be in the room long enough to upload them.

After the tour we grabbed lunch at Johnny Rockets in a shopping area adjacent to our hotel and hit the beach. We rented ds a boogie board and dd a 3 wheeled low to the ground bike and they had a blast. Actually ds is still out there on the waves 2+ hours later. Dd and I had enough beach for now and tried out the pool...aaahhhhhh so relaxing and shaded. She wanted a sweet snack so we found a place that had a carrot cake she enjoyed. Now we're here. She's trying to upload a video for a duct tape collaborative she belongs to but is having difficulty so I'm going to close this post and see if I can help her.

Dinner tonight is planned for a make your own pizza place... not sure how that works but it's in that same shopping area from earlier and we think it has outdoor seating which is what we're looking for.

Tomorrow we check into ASMu and head to Epcot!!!

Sounds great! Thanks for the details about the resort! We will definitely consider this for a future trip!

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 08-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #38
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Lol sorry for two posts. I thought the first one never went through so I did it again.

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 08-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #39
racinjunkie
Mouseketeer

I apologize for no update yesterday it was a bit of a whirlwind. We were able to get to Epcot shortly after rope drop which was way more than I expected. Even with that and sending the fam ahead for FPs the stand by wait was 80 minutes before 9:45. I have the list of our days activities and meals and hopefully I can post that during today's mid day break. Right now we're waiting for rope drop at MK!!!
Old 08-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #40
racinjunkie
Mouseketeer

I'm very sorry but I'm going to have to abandon my live report plans. My feet are much worse than anticipated. Dd is having some difficulties and there have been a few other issues as well.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #41
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm very sorry but I'm going to have to abandon my live report plans. My feet are much worse than anticipated. Dd is having some difficulties and there have been a few other issues as well.
I'm sorry to hear that... maybe (hopefully) you will take notes and write the trippy when you return?

Also, did the elastic braces for your feet not work as well in WDW as they did when you were doing your nightly walking? Still have not invested in them, but was planning to.

Please be sure to share your MagicBand experience when you return!!!
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14DCL Magic May '14 DCL Dream August '14 DCL Fantasy Jan '15
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #42
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hope everyone is doing better and you had a good trip!

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 08-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #43
OnSpaceshipEarth
DIS Veteran

Ohhhh...very sorry to hear that. Hopefully, those problems subsided and you were able to enjow your time in the most magical place on earth!
OnSpaceshipEarth is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: