Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2014, 01:47 AM   #1066
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I haven't commented for ages but I am still reading and glad to hear that you are both well and enjoying being home with friends and family
I shall be checking out your Alaska TR!
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:54 PM   #1067
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisa View Post
Just had a quick read of your update, I'm really glad to see you both settled and happy and the new place looks great! I don't think I ever told you I've been keeping my dad (who I care for) updated with your reports, especially with the pictures and news about the different cats, so he was really happy to see Crooky looking very contented in his new home. I'll have to make sure I set aside a little more time after dinner tonight to read the rest of the blog, and I'm very much looking forward to the rest of this trip report when you get a chance to finish it.
Thanks for continuing to read along, and that's great that you can share news of our shenanigans with your dad. I'm glad to hear he's gotten invested in the story of our little kitty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Thanks for the update. I subscribed to your blog and have gotten a few of the updates about your cruise and such. Sometimes I wonder if I get them all but I am def following along. Yay
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Yep sure enough I clicked on your link and not only did I see your life update but also a BUNCH of stuff on the cruise thread I missed. So frustrating. I don't always get emails with updates about the Dis either. Well glad I checked and loved the life update. What a cute place you have and looks so cozy with nice views. Loved seeing Cruikshanks and Stupey.

You have such a great writing style and love the pics so def will enjoy hearing more updates!!
No idea why you aren't getting updates about the cruise, but I'm glad you were able to catch up! We're big fans of our new place (and our new cat) too. Thanks so much for continuing to read along

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe3penelope View Post
Hi, Taylor! I had been quietly following along this thread. I had discovered it 2-3 weeks ago. I was probably on page 50 (or was it 30's)...sorry, but I really don't remember. Today I peeked to the last page and was sooooo shocked that you moved back to Colorado.

I read your entire TR on DCL in one hour!!!! (maybe less). I thoroughly enjoyed it. I posted a comment on it for you to see.

Hope you and Tracy are doing well. Thank you for sharing your experiences with everyone!
I'm sure our move back to CO seemed to come out of nowhere for most of our readers, but it's seemed like a good decision so far. Thanks so much for migrating over to the DCL trip report. I'm glad you've been enjoying that one as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I haven't commented for ages but I am still reading and glad to hear that you are both well and enjoying being home with friends and family
I shall be checking out your Alaska TR!
Hi Linda! I'm so glad to hear you're still reading along. Hopefully you'll enjoy hearing about our Alaska adventure as well!
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report
We Moved to Disneyland!! Now What…? Stories from New DLR Locals
tayalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2014, 10:56 PM   #1068
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Real-Life Update 8/10

You take the good, you take the bad. You take them both, and there you have the facts of life.

I shared all our positive happenings from the summer a few days ago, so I figured I'd better include a few tales of our bad luck as well. Check out the latest update to the blog here.
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report
We Moved to Disneyland!! Now What…? Stories from New DLR Locals
tayalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:37 PM   #1069
Dizzy4DL
Dole Whip and a jalapeno pretzel? Don't mind if I do...

Oh my... I'm so sorry about the medical issues. I can sympathize, I've been in and out with doctors myself lately.

I heard about the fruit being recalled, and had a moment of panic. But ours weren't from that batch. So sorry Tracy went through that.

Glad they figured out what your rash was before any serious treatment took place.

Disney World - Pop Century April '14
Dizzy4DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:42 PM   #1070
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I know that you don't like the DIS and I can respect that. I checked out your blog and it is better than most in that the pictures are actually a size that I could see them and actually look at your pictures. However, I tried to find a beginning and everything was out of order. Unfortunately, this Old Fogie can't seem to navigate your blog well enough to figure out where I want to start reading from and got totally frustrated and lost.

I'm sorry the DIS doesn't work for you young whippersnappers, us old folks seem to navigate it quite well. I guess that is another thing that will eventually go by the wayside as well.....

Also unfortunately we are gone this next week and are in Cleveland until Sat the 16th. Maybe on your trip in Oct and if you plan your cards right maybe even PIO as well!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:15 AM   #1071
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Thanks for sharing your news Taylor. Looks like ups and downs in real life. Hope you are both over your mystery sicknesses.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:19 AM   #1072
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

So sorry to hear about your illnesses. I too was worried about the affected fruit when I heard that and was afraid we had eaten some but none of us got sick that I know of although after we came back from Mexico beginning of June we were all sick like that for almost a month and we were fine the entire time we were on vacay and were very careful of what we ate while there so wondered if it might have somehow been the fruit.

As always anxious for your next report.

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:31 PM   #1073
tdashgirl
DIS Veteran

thanks for dropping in

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: