Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
BeachLove
Mouseketeer

American Eagle coupon codes stopping?

Last year and even early this year I was able to use 30% and even 40% off coupons for all my orders. Since then the best I've seen is 15%? Maybe a 20% once. I used retail-me-not but you can't user submit them anymore unless you look and post on the comments section and get around it. Anyways, it seems like the codes aren't being posted on boards or ever sent to my email anymore.
BeachLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
bluesaturn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachLove View Post
Last year and even early this year I was able to use 30% and even 40% off coupons for all my orders. Since then the best I've seen is 15%? Maybe a 20% once. I used retail-me-not but you can't user submit them anymore unless you look and post on the comments section and get around it. Anyways, it seems like the codes aren't being posted on boards or ever sent to my email anymore.
I've gotten two 40% in the past month. They usually have at least 30% and free shipping every single holiday weekend (including Columbus Day, Veteran's Day, etc.). These all come to my email. Maybe re-submit your email to their list serv?
bluesaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
3boymthr
DIS Veteran

Try creating a gmail or hotmail account and creating a new account. I've found that with many retailers the more I order the worse the % off discounts I get. Remember those discounts are to entice you to buy, if you are buying all the time with the 15-20% discounts (or with no discount at all) they don't feel they need to offer you a better discount to get you to buy. I find if I go a while without ordering or if I switch to ordering with a new e-mail I get better discounts. Also, don't use your frequent buyer card for a while - they track what you are buying with that card and how much of a discount your purchases have when you buy them even in store and use that info to target their marketing to you.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
BeachLove
Mouseketeer

Good point. I'll have to create a new email, which then I'll probably forget about. I had ordered when the 40% off codes came out and then they just stopped arriving in my inbox. I kept getting 15% most of the time. Never shopped with that discount.

Thanks!
BeachLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #5
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

I need an AE code too. I am waiting, I will wait thru thanksgiving weekend, I think they had a great offer last year on Thanksgiving DAY (or evening).
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
Dish
Mouseketeer

They'll probably release a new one soon - tomorrow or the day after.
Dish is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: