Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #16
maryliz
The Whoosh Fairy RULEs, the Bloat Fairy DROOLs!
(the tag fairy rules, too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynnie View Post
Another bump...I am booked for 9652 on the Dream in Sept. Really worried about noise from the elevators/ppl congregating in front of our door.

Thank you for your replies
The stairs and elevators will sort of be "around the corner" ... we had 7168 last year and it's not like you open your door and people are standing there for the elevators ... your door opens into a hallway and you go down and around to get to the stairs/elevators. We never heard any noise from that area.

We are in 9152 next August 10th Eastern Caribbean so I've been watching for any stateroom reports, but haven't seen anything specific yet.

I already have an idea of what my "obstruction" looks like and I'm fine with it, but pictures from actual people would certainly ease my mind! Anyone???

Me DH DD DS
maryliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #17
Whimsee
Earning My Ears

Bumping this up to see if there's any new info on these staterooms
Whimsee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #18
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz Diz View Post
I also booked this room on the Fantasy and would love to hear reviews.
Here is a picture of the dream with 9652 labeled. It is right next to the Oceanview rooms. You can see it does have a smaller verandah with a little bit of an overhang from the porthole section.

Looks good to me. When I booked, the CM told me that the 7a verandah's have a bench, instead of 2 chairs. He told me he likes the bench better. We are fine with that. Last time we had a verandah, it barely got used.

My only concern is that I believe it is right by the stairs and elevators, so I am hoping there is not a lot of noise from that.
I think he's confused. On the classic ships the cat 7s have a bench. On the Dream/Fantasy, they are simply obstructed view, as pp mentioned it's due to the way the outer metal curves around. If you look at the photo the obstruction would be lesser on lower floors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessNoelle'sMom View Post
Do you know if these rooms have an upper pull down berth? It allowed me to book 4 people, so I assuming so. However, I want to be sure as the "bunk beds" are important to the kids and don't want a wall pull down.

Thanks!
To get a murphy bed with a verandah, you'd have to be in cat 4D or better.(or with a window in cat 8s. as these all have a slightly larger cabin size.) On our recent Fantasy cruise, we had a 4D and had a choice of upper bunk, sofa or murphy bed. It's a pita that the murphy blocks our path to the verandah door but ds15 says it's longer and more comfortable than the sofabed or pull down.

ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #19
thebausman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeticMoe View Post
I asked a similar question about the 7A cabins on deck 7. A DIS'er was nice enough to post a link to an obstructed 7A balcony, so I could 'view' how much of an obstruction it really is. So I'm passing along the video that was provided to me here on the DIS boards. It's for cabin 7022, but it will give you an idea of the slightly obstructed balcony views for the 7A cabins.

Thanks to the original poster for taking this video!

Thanks for the video, we booked 9164 on the Dream and this made me feel better. Can not wait as this will be our first ever cruise!!!
thebausman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #20
Ashlotte
Mommy to Ash & Lotte

It's been a while, so I am bumping again. Would love to hear feedback on these rooms.

WDW- Aug 1988, May 2001 (AS Music), May 2009 (BWV), Aug 2014 (SSR & OKW)
DL-
Sep 1999 (honeymoon), Jan 2007 (1st time with kids! ), Feb 2008, Feb 2010, Mar 2011, Sep 2012, Aug 2013
DCL- Magic Western Cruise May 2, 2009 Dream August, 2014
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #21
mkmommy
DIS Veteran

We were in 9652 on the Fantasy a couple of weeks ago.

Great room. Loved being right there off the elevators no long walks down the hallways .

Room has the bunk, so holds 4.

It is a connecting room but heard nothing from the room next door , and never heard any noise from the elevator .

The obstruction is minimal on the balcony . It is a support beam that comes from the above deck but it is right on the edge of the balcony so it was a non issue for us and well worth the savings.

I will see if I have any pictures.

mkmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #22
tcrowley
Mouseketeer

Talking

I booked 9652 on the Dream for May 2014 I will be watching this tread closely to see if anyone posts pics .I to want to see pics of this room

Last edited by tcrowley; 04-05-2013 at 02:14 PM.
tcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #23
Ashlotte
Mommy to Ash & Lotte

Thank you, mkmommy! That was exactly the sort of info I needed to take the plunge. I just booked for Aug, 2014 (my 40th birthday )! Sad to turn 40, but happy to do it on a Disney cruise!

Thanks again! And of course if you are able to, pictures would be fabulous for all of the inquiring minds. Thank you!

DL-
Sep 1999 (honeymoon), Jan 2007 (1st time with kids! ), Feb 2008, Feb 2010, Mar 2011, Sep 2012, Aug 2013
Old 04-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #24
Ashlotte
Mommy to Ash & Lotte

Mkmommy, how was the motion level? I am a little worried about seasickness. I have never cruised aft before.

DL-
Old 04-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #25
mkmommy
DIS Veteran

The ship was really rolling the first couple of days (talk of stabilizer issues on the meet thread, but not sure if it was true), but I did not find the motion worse in the cabin then anywhere else on the ship.

None of us get sick sick, so I may not be the best judge, but the place I always notice the ship move the most is the Walt Disney Theatre, and that was the same on this cruise .

mkmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #26
Munkamamacallie
Mouseketeer

We were in 9152 on the fantasy 3/23-3/30. The obstruction was not that big of a deal. We did hear occasional noise from the elevator area. The midship detective game is right there and we would occasionally hear the people waiting to play, talking while waiting, and running on to the next one etc. Very convenient to cabanas & pool.
Munkamamacallie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: