Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
Iceman10
Mouseketeer

Wine Dine and Run!

I posted my Universal day over in that thread but wanted to give a HUGE Thumbs up for this years Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon weekend.

Packet pickup on Friday was a bit chaotic but some of that was my own dumb fault. The Healh Fair was actually pretty cool and the kids had fun.

Back in March we were thinking to do the 1/2 Marathon but knew pretty quickly we wouldn't be up to it just yet so we signed up for the 5k. Well a few weeks back DW blows a ligament in her ankle and DS breaks a bone in his foot just 2 weeks ago. So both go to the event in a walking cast! Ugh! Then I get walking Pnemonia (Sp) and haven't run for over a month. I figured I would go 100 yards and drop dead. Only DD was the only one truely prepared for the run.

Sat 5am - any of you who were there knew it was cold in the morning! DW & son were in the stroller/Wheel chair division taking turns pushing the other.
Anyway, the race was excellent. my daughter and I finished with decent times and I never had to walk (Which I simply couldn't believe) My wife and son finished as well and both walked to the finish line.

After a good nap, headed out to see some of the PGA tournament over at the Palm and then geared up to cheer on the night time runners at Epcot. All I can say is I found it quite insperational watching the runners come in. I have never seen anything like it and was so glad we made our way over there. Oh yea the after party rocked too

What a great event and my kids are already begging me for the next race. I had to remind them it's a full marathon so maybe we will gear up for the Tower of Terror 10 miler next and go from there.

To all who ran, particpiated and cheered them and us on, great job!

DVC Owner - Animal Kingdom

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: