Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
Incredimom3
Mouseketeer

Hurricane Hannah's

We were thinking about visiting Hurricane Hannah's at the Beach Club for a counter service meal. Can a non-BC resort guest eat at Hurricane Hannah's? I know that we can't use other resorts' pools, but we just wanted to pop over and see BC as we've never been there.

MeDH DD16: DD14 DD12 Woody

Incredimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #2
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Yes you can eat at Hurricaine Hannahs.I wouldn't go outta the way to go there since it isn't anything all that special
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
Yes you can eat at Hurricaine Hannahs.I wouldn't go outta the way to go there since it isn't anything all that special
I agree with the PP. Yes you can eat there but its not special at all. We stay at the YC and have done so for the last 14 years, and we ate there for lunch all the time for many years because we didnt really think to just take a short walk to try other places. Now we go to the Cabana Bar & Grill at the Dolphin almost every day because it has wonderful food (a huge lunch menu), amazing mojitos and other specialty drinks, and way more bang for your buck than Hurricane Hannahs. At HH, you are going to wait in a very long line for fast food quality items at exorbitant prices, while you can take a short walk over to Dolphin to eat in a comfortable outdoor table service setting for quality food. I know you said you are looking for a CS meal, but just in case you every need a TS lunch in the Epcot resort area, I highly recommend the Cabana Bar & Grill at Dolphin.

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Mom’s Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego

Last edited by WDW Princess 71; 03-29-2010 at 02:45 PM.
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:43 PM   #4
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Hurricane Hanna's is not inside the fence surrounding Stormalong Bay. Anyone can eat there.

If you are on the dining plan, the Swan/Dolphin is not an option - and there are very few other CS DDP options in the Epcot resort area.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:12 PM   #5
DisneyMim
DIS Veteran

I agree with most. Hurricane Hannah's is nothing special and I would not go out of my way to eat there. There are many much better CS places right in Epcot. Also sometimes we haven't been able to get a table during busy times. We only have lunch there when we are staying at Y&B and are spending time by the pool. Now if you want to go and see the resort that's another story. I agree that it is nice to go exploring different resorts to see if they are for you.
Have fun!

Enjoy The Magic!!
DisneyMim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:35 PM   #6
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

If you do want to see the BC, try Beaches and Cream for counter service instead. They have yummy ice cream, as well as delicious burgers and onion rings. They don't have a huge menu, but we've found it to be better than hurricane hannahs food.

disneydee6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #7
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
try Beaches and Cream for counter service instead.
Beaches & Cream is not a counter service. It's a table service. On DDP it will cost you TS credits. There is a carryout, but food or specialty sundaes cannot be ordered from the carryout - just drinks and small ice cream cones or sundaes.

It's also extremely small and wait times to get in can be very long.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:53 PM   #8
jack hannah bananah
DIS Veteran

I agree with much of what has been said - Hurricane Hanna's is nothing special. If you want to check out Beach Club & YC, I recommend Beaches and Cream (even if it is just for an afternoon icecream)
Even better, go to the steakhouse in YC for dinner.
jack hannah bananah is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: