Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2014, 05:00 PM   #61
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarrose1306 View Post
You are probably one of my favorite people then! lol Some do, some don't but that's why I gave the other options such as picking them up or engaging their attention. I know children are not always the easiest to deal with so I try to have patience as well, which was kind of my overall point of my original post. We do need to all have a little bit of patience with others. And I think it goes both ways. If you are the one rejoining your family after running for FPs or churros and are getting a look, try to think about what that person may have gone through already in their day. My point about people rejoining later on was more about families with older kids who went to ride something else and then joined up with the rest of their family in a longer line. That's when I start to get agitated.

I think we'd all be a lot better off in general not just DL if we have a little more thought to others and stopped feeling so entitled and pushing that on to future generations. I really have no idea what happened with a lot of parents towards the end of the 80s and into the 90s, but many of those kids are turning into horrible teenagers and adults who have little to no care for anyone but themselves and their own desires.
LOL Ya, my youngest was 6 our first trip and I asked her if she wanted a stroller and she said "no, those are for babies". lol But, she hadn't been in a stroller since she was like 3....her choice. She has always liked to walk and be mobile and she's always been really good about staying with us so we never forced the stroller issue.
I see a LOT of kids with the self entitlement attitude, as an example, I have a "job" (I use quotes because I don't really get paid to do this) working at a bar teaching line dances, I had a lesson last night and had a table at the bar with my friend, we had our purses on the table, jackets on the stools (high top tables), drinks on the table, my friend had her keys laying on the table. Anyway, it was very clear the table was occupied, while we were dancing there was no one at the table and some random girl just walked over and sat down.....and then after we were done dancing we walked back to our table and sat and she didn't even acknowledge that it was our table, she and her friend just stayed there. I looked at my friend and she looked at me, then she asked the girls "so, I'm just curious, why do you think it's OK to sit at our obviously occupied table when there are so many others around that are empty?" One girl said "oh, well, we were just standing here and then we just sat, we're tired" and my friend said "but that wasn't my question, there are empty tables on the other side of the floor, this table is clearly taken, why would you even chose to stand by it let alone sit here?" and then they started acting as if they couldn't hear her, then they walked to an empty table on the other side of the floor. Honestly, had they just said something when we came back we wouldn't have cared, they could have shared with us, we weren't taking the whole table, but they didn't even attempt to acknowledge we were already there. And it isn't the first time, it happens regularly and then we get attitude when we say "sorry, this is taken".....it just makes no sense to me......lol And my kids wouldn't dream of doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot2Vegas View Post
A thousand times yes!!
I lean towards disliking people that hop into line to meet up with people, however I understand having to leave a line in an emergency (although when one person in my group has to leave we all leave but that's just me). What bothers me the most about all of that is the line jumpers that have a sense of entitlement. I'd be way less likely to be upset at someone who is genuinely apologetic for having to cut through a line than someone who thinks they are entitled to push and shove to meet back up with their group. Its all in your attitude!
I would never ask my family to leave the line because my bladder decides to be a pain. No way. But I would never push or shove either, if I can't meet them in an easy manner I'll just pass on the ride. There have been a few times that I've went to the CM's at the exit (like on Story Book Canals, my fave) and explain that I had to exit the line for a restroom break, they have me wait at the exit until my group of 3 is at the head of the line and then they let me in that way, there have been times DBF has exited and we've let the girls stay in line and ride, it just depends on the circumstances and the ride really. But I'm not about to stress over getting on a ride when I know I can ride it again, either that visit or another. It's just not worth it. I'd rather stress over people taking photos with a flash on dark rides and the possibility of that causing me a major migraine....lol

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:42 PM   #62
bethwc101
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerudall View Post
How about the people that bump into your backside for the ENTIRE duration of the line queue?

1. Can you not see me at all?
2. Can you not try harder to keep your distance after the first 5 times you hit me?
3. Do I need to hang a tennis ball between us?
4. Do you really think you'll get on the ride faster by standing this close to me?
A little late, but none the less. I was with my siblings at the time 5 and 7 and the gentleman behind us kept bumping into them. I didn't realize at first, but once they told me what was happening I quietly stood behind them so I was close to the guy. Then when he bumped in to me, I quickly turned around at the same time hitting him with my large heavy backpack. Funny he didn't get within 5 feet for the duration of the queue.
bethwc101 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #63
bethwc101
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
I have absolutely no problem with people joining their group in line.
Entering the line later doesn't affect my wait-time anymore than if they waited the whole time. People need to ease up.
I absolutely agree. But when I have an issue is when people have to push through the entire line to get back to their group instead of waiting an extra two minutes until the line winds back to an externally easy accessible area where you just have to duck under a chain instead of pushing through a crowd.
bethwc101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:31 PM   #64
eileenkeeney
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylersmith View Post
Hi, I wanted to start a thread for common courtesy rules that some people need to read.

1.) If your party member, for whatever reason, leaves the line or enters the line after you, you go to the back. Don't have them cut however many people to be with you. It's just plain rude. (I'm in line for the Farris wheel right now and over a course of 10 minutes, 5 people, all walking separately, have done it)
EDIT: I understand if you have a child that needs to go to the bathroom. Otherwise, not so much.

2.) If you're walking in a crowd, and suddenly feel the need to stop, go off to the side. Don't stand in the middle of people traffic and stop dead center, looking frustrated when people bump you.

If you have any more, feel free to add them. Thank you
I don't mind a few people, in a moving line.
What bothers me is when people do this when the line is more of a mass, and there is really no room for the people who later try to squeeze into the space to join their party.
If someone is saving a spot in line for someone else, they need to physically reserve enough space for that person to take up, when that person joins in.
Lego is my favorite toy, but they should leave the theme park business to Disney.
DVC owner
eileenkeeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:42 PM   #65
deidre74
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtoastyman View Post
I'm not sure why you think I would disagree with this, particularly given the examples I gave of insufficient reasons to cut in line to join your party. Here's my general rule of thumb:

1. If you are cutting in line because you have a legitimate reason to get out of line after you're already in it, fine. Sure, the reason may not be apparent so people are essentially on their honor here, and I agree that you can generally tell when this is the case.

2. On the other hand, someone cutting in line because they wanted to do something else prior to getting in line, not OK. We'd all love to do something other than stand in line -- shop, eat, sit on a bench, ride something else with a shorter wait -- and then join the line at our leisure, but that's not how this process is supposed to work. If you're able to stand in line you should stand in line like everyone else.

In practice, I don't actually take a very hard line on this, but I do think that common courtesy dictates that one not assume that their time is more valuable than everyone else's that's also standing in line.

I apologize if you think I am disagreeing with you, I just wanted to point out that looking able-bodied and being able-bodied are 2 different things. I look able-bodied but I have so many things wrong health wise that when at the parks I'm the one using the ECV even though I look perfectly fine and I am the one zooming to the bathroom at a moments notice because even though I went to the bathroom before a long line wait, my bladder/bowels decide that RIGHT NOW I need to GO! I have had many people, not just at Disney tell me that I should not be in a wheelchair because there is "nothing wrong with me", so when I see able-bodied I tend to get a little defensive, so again I apologize.
deidre74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:17 PM   #66
LoreoR
Earning My Ears

I was warned about linecutting at WDW so I searched the boards. Wow!! I don't know why I'm chiming in here except that I'm new and don't know any better.

FWIW, part of the issue might be people coming from so many different places. I live in the Northeast. You don't cut and if you do, you're going to hear about it. In Germany, my sister and I spent a day getting really irked before realizing they just don't wait in lines and don't understand the concept. If there's even an inch gap, they'll step in front of you. I'm not even sure it's rude, it's just the way they are.

If someone flippantly acts entitled to cutting right past me in line, I'm going to look them in the eye and say something. I don't get aggressive, vulgar or rude but right is right. I think part of the reason rude behavior is becoming more commonplace is because less people stand up for what's right. For people who may think I'm uptight, so be it. I don't feel any increased stress or ruin my good time. I'll never feel wrong for calling out someone else's bad behavior (does it do any good, probably not, but I sleep well enough at night).

I don't think anyone who leaves a line and then rejoins their party is a line-cutter. Courtesy goes both ways though. If you want me to be gracious about you moving ahead, then you need to be gracious when passing me. Just as I need to be understanding that you may have had to use the bathroom, you should also be understanding that I don't know that and may think you are just arrogant, entitled, etc.

Why doesn't everyone just go to the CM when leaving the line? It seems like it would solve a lot of issues.

I mean if a parent with a small kid needs to get past in a terribly long line, understood. However, if three or more people above toddler age try to go by me, saying they just had to use the restroom, I'll politely call your bluff. If you need to go to the bathroom, get thirsty, are hungry before entering the line, your party needs to wait or sorry about your luck (and no, I don't care how much of a wait time it costs you). As someone said earlier, queues function because people wait in them, not because people cross some imaginary "queue" line and then can come and go as they please.

Please don't flame me, I'm new here, just wanted to share my view and earn my ears

LoreoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:24 AM   #67
eileenjez
Earning My Ears

The one thing that always get me is the back packs. When in line and you have a back pack on make sure when you turn that you don't hit the person beside you. The lines for PP are notorious for this. I have and will push back when hit like this. I'm a firm believer in personal space.
One time at WDW I had a teen decide that I wasn't moving fast enough for her so she decided to push me. When I fell into my DH he wasn't very happy. A CM happened to see what happened and she was asked to leave the line. I don't think she had a very happy day.
eileenjez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:17 AM   #68
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eileenjez View Post
The one thing that always get me is the back packs. When in line and you have a back pack on make sure when you turn that you don't hit the person beside you.
I agree. But if you're in line behind someone with a backpack, you really should do yourself a favor and not get right up next to them. They don't always know if someone has squeezed in an inch from the backpack.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:03 PM   #69
eileenjez
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I agree. But if you're in line behind someone with a backpack, you really should do yourself a favor and not get right up next to them. They don't always know if someone has squeezed in an inch from the backpack.
Oh I agree. Always give someone space in front of you who is wearing a back pack. But then again I don't get close to anyone other than my family. I do believe most people don't think when wearing them about the space around them not just in back of them.
eileenjez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:55 PM   #70
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

At the 24 hour event DH and I were in line for Starbucks. Both lines seemed to be about the same. 2 teens were ahead of us. Suddenly, 4 more teens joined them in line. I was so annoyed. And just as I suspected, they all ordered and paid separately. DH and I got out of line and went over to the other side.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:17 AM   #71
WTFetus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eileenjez View Post
Oh I agree. Always give someone space in front of you who is wearing a back pack. But then again I don't get close to anyone other than my family. I do believe most people don't think when wearing them about the space around them not just in back of them.
I still don't think pushing back is the right call even if they bump you. That just sounds like a person with a bad temper.

Seriously, as I said before, this thread just makes me sad. People are starting arguments and pushing people back because of a few line-cutters or a couple of bumps? It's like you guys are actively looking to make a scene. If someone pushes you, just politely let them know. It's an honest mistake that shouldn't happen again, especially since you'll probably be standing a little farther back after that. Personally, I'd shrug off the first bump and only let them know if it became a common occurance in the line (which shouldn't happen if I keep my distance). Every time I've been bumped, the person immediately apologized. And even if they didn't, what, shoving them back makes you feel better? How does that solve anything?

We're in freakin' Disneyland people. Be the bigger person.

Last edited by WTFetus; 06-05-2014 at 04:24 AM.
WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: