Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 07:24 AM   #16
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisnKim913 View Post
If you do Zoos a lot, I am not sure it would be worth it.
I disagree completely. IMO, if you are big zoo fans, you should definitely do AK. We are big zoo fans and AK is our favorite park.

I would say the opposite. If zoos are NOT your thing, then maybe skip AK.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #17
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
I disagree completely. IMO, if you are big zoo fans, you should definitely do AK. We are big zoo fans and AK is our favorite park.

I would say the opposite. If zoos are NOT your thing, then maybe skip AK.
It is funny that you are saying this. Last week DS and DDIL were discussing their vacation and one of the highlights was a zoo that they visited. All I could say was that if they liked that zoo.....................they were going to LOVE AK!
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #18
glocon
DIS Veteran

Could you maybe add park hoppers to your tickets? And then maybe go back to MK after Jedi training at HS. Also, if you have hoppers, you can go back to MK after AK which closes earlier than the other parks.

Don't you just love these boards where so many people throw out different and creative ideas? Everyone tours so differently that it is interesting to get other people's take on the same thing. Someone is sure to have an idea that works for you.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #19
Samdari
Earning My Ears

Depends on your kids. Mine love animals, and don't consider social studies classes a vacation. We took a trip when they were your kids ages. They loved AK, but really struggled to find anything to do at Epcot (test track was closed, and they had no interest in Soarin). In an 8 day trip, the only day that was not incredible was the day we went to Epcot. If I were picking one park to skip, it would definitely be Epcot.

Have you considered adding hoppers and doing HS/Epcot on the same day? HS has some of my family's favorite attractions, but its pretty easy to do them all before lunch, especially on a morning EMH day. Then take a friend ship to Epcot for the afternoon.
Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #20
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

This is what we're doing when we go in August. 2 days at MK, a day at EP and a day at HS without PH. DD1 likes EE and some of the other rides there, but DD2 isn't big enough for them yet. They also hate It's Tough to Be a Bug. We've seen the Nemo and Lion King shows before and while they are awesome, it's just not worth burning a day for it. There is so much for little kids at MK and it's not a park that can easily be done in a day in my opinion.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #21
bopper
Which way to the Hundred Acre Woods?
I have been in VMK since day 1 and am still playing!

For the ages of your kids, I would do 2 days at MK. Enjoy their wonder.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: