Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
vpalmer
DIS Veteran
 
vpalmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 903

Fantasmic - How early for sitting section?

Once World of Color Begins (specifically Friday, June 25th), what is your best estimate on what time we should arrive to get blanket seating up front?
__________________
Veronica

Disney World 2000: Westin ~ 2005: Wilderness Lodge ~ 2006:Contemporary ~ 2007: Pop Century ~ 2009: Wilderness Lodge ~ 2013: Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland 2010: Disneyland Hotel ~ 2011: Fairfield Inn

Disney Cruise Line 2006: Western on Magic ~ 2007: Eastern on Magic ~2011: Alaska on Wonder ~ 2013 Western on Fantasy ~ 2015: May 30th, Northern Europe on Magic

Aulani May, 2012

Last edited by vpalmer; 05-28-2010 at 03:35 PM.
vpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #2
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial
 
Disney Dreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Somewhere this side of the rainbow
Posts: 16,086

No one knows the effect WoC will have on Fantasmic! as it is cross-park. As for how early you need to show up for Fantasmic! there are a few important details that are important to answer your question properly:

1) Does anyone in your group have a wheelchair or required staying in a stroller during the show?

2) How many in your group?

3) First show or second?

- Dreams

P.S. You said, "to blanket seating." If your plan is to leave a blanket and go enjoy the Park, keep in mind your blanket may be nicely folded up and reduced to the spot of a small child when you return (or be gone all together). CMs do not "guard" blanketed areas.
__________________
Uh-oh! What did we do?!?! OMG, we did it!


Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-28-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
vpalmer
DIS Veteran
 
vpalmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 903

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreams View Post
No one knows the effect WoC will have on Fantasmic! as it is cross-park. As for how early you need to show up for Fantasmic! there are a few important details that are important to answer your question properly:

1) Does anyone in your group have a wheelchair or required staying in a stroller during the show?

2) How many in your group?

3) First show or second?

- Dreams

P.S. You said, "to blanket seating." If your plan is to leave a blanket and go enjoy the Park, keep in mind your blanket may be nicely folded up and reduced to the spot of a small child when you return (or be gone all together). CMs do not "guard" blanketed areas.
I would never consider leaving my blanket unattended. Do people actually try that? We might send one of us to get a counter service dinneror take my DD to the restroom but one adult would always stay on the blanket.

There are three of us, my DH, and DD 7, so no stroller. It would be for the first show.
__________________
Veronica

Disney World 2000: Westin ~ 2005: Wilderness Lodge ~ 2006:Contemporary ~ 2007: Pop Century ~ 2009: Wilderness Lodge ~ 2013: Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland 2010: Disneyland Hotel ~ 2011: Fairfield Inn

Disney Cruise Line 2006: Western on Magic ~ 2007: Eastern on Magic ~2011: Alaska on Wonder ~ 2013 Western on Fantasy ~ 2015: May 30th, Northern Europe on Magic

Aulani May, 2012
vpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:55 PM   #4
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,361

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpalmer View Post
I would never consider leaving my blanket unattended. Do people actually try that? We might send one of us to get a counter service dinneror take my DD to the restroom but one adult would always stay on the blanket.

There are three of us, my DH, and DD 7, so no stroller. It would be for the first show.
For all the times I get there early for a sitting section for F!, I have seen some people left blankets out in the sitting area for F!. But it is not a good idea to leave a unattended blanket out there while another group can just move it and claim the spot for their group. When you leave it unattended and someone else claims it, you lose your spot.

I've have experienced something like that before when not using a blanket. When I saved a spot for F! with my family of 7, half of them went the bathroom and when the show was about to start in 7 min, another group just all of a sudden came and took the other half of my spot and I told them that it was reserved for my family and they said there was a open space and just ignored me and I called a CM and told them that they took my spot for my family. Then the CM told them to move and find another spot to see the show. I knew that family were not happy of being told to move and finding another spot, but that's why we bring a blanket ever since that day for any nighttime show or parades to tell people that this is our spot.

Just like what Disney Dreams said that this year is unpredictable with WoC effect on F!. During last year Summer Nightastic, people staked out there spots at least 3 hours before the show. It only depends where you want to sit for the show. Right next to the railings will be at least 3 hours or more before the first show.
__________________
(Disneyland Premium Pass Holder & D23 Charter Member)
First All in One Disneyland TR Thread on one thread

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014, Just in Time for Halloween Season in September - September 14 - 16, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on July 26th to 28th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:09 PM   #5
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Drive to DL, Fly to WDW
Posts: 28,453

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpalmer View Post
Once World of Color Begins (specifically Friday, June 25th), what is your best estimate on what time we should arrive to get blanket seating up front?
I don't think that WoC will pull a noticeable crowd away from F!. I think it anything it will bring more people in, many to DCA and some to DL.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:08 AM   #6
fhtpdw20
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 571

Possible tip/advisory

Since your Fantasmic is different from WDW seating, you may have not considered the possiblity of the wind when selecting your view. Depending on how the wind is blowing you could be very wet by the time the show ends. When we choose our seats a WDW Fanstamic, we usually sit 15 rows or so from the railing especially during the winter visits to avoid getting wet. We also take in to consideration which way the wind blows during Illuminations at Epcot so that we do not end up with a face full of smoke from the fireworks.
fhtpdw20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:15 AM   #7
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial
 
Disney Dreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Somewhere this side of the rainbow
Posts: 16,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpalmer View Post
I would never consider leaving my blanket unattended. Do people actually try that? ...
- giggle - Oh if you only knew. Yeah, people do it all the time. And get upset when it's not "honored" by other guests. But really... come on people, really? Anywho, yeah, people do it. That's why I asked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhtpdw20 View Post
Since your Fantasmic is different from WDW seating, you may have not considered the possiblity of the wind when selecting your view. Depending on how the wind is blowing you could be very wet by the time the show ends. When we choose our seats a WDW Fanstamic, we usually sit 15 rows or so from the railing especially during the winter visits to avoid getting wet. We also take in to consideration which way the wind blows during Illuminations at Epcot so that we do not end up with a face full of smoke from the fireworks.
At DL's Fantasmic! you only really need to worry about getting wet in the first 3 or so rows of the seating area. You don't get "really" wet, but if the wind is blowing strongly enough, the water screens can get the first few rows a decent amount... as can the heat from the fire.

- Dreams
__________________
Uh-oh! What did we do?!?! OMG, we did it!


Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #8
vpalmer
DIS Veteran
 
vpalmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 903

Thenks everyone for your input. The more I read, the more I regratted not booking the dessert seating, so I decided to go that route instead.
__________________
Veronica

Disney World 2000: Westin ~ 2005: Wilderness Lodge ~ 2006:Contemporary ~ 2007: Pop Century ~ 2009: Wilderness Lodge ~ 2013: Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland 2010: Disneyland Hotel ~ 2011: Fairfield Inn

Disney Cruise Line 2006: Western on Magic ~ 2007: Eastern on Magic ~2011: Alaska on Wonder ~ 2013 Western on Fantasy ~ 2015: May 30th, Northern Europe on Magic

Aulani May, 2012
vpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.