Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
ALFranklin
Mouseketeer
 
ALFranklin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 77

Can we go kidless again?

My husband and I got back from our Disneymoon/Anniversary trip last Wednesday and it was so wonderful! We got married a year ago in a destination wedding and couldn't afford a honeymoon, too. We blended families and have 3 children altogether. It was easy for us to say that we wanted a kidless trip this time, because it was a special occasion. However, this trip was so wonderful and we REALLY want to do it again...but HOW?! There is no way we could justify another trip of that kind to our families, much less our kids. DANG IT! Anyone have any advice or ideas as to how we could manage one more kidless adventure to WDW?

THANKS!!!
__________________
ALFranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,756

Good for you guys! My DH and I are currently planning an adults only weekend for May 2013. Our first ever Disney without the kids! It will only be three nights...thats all we can manage. My parents watch our girls and it is tiring!
We will be taking the girls back in Dec 2013 so will not feel guilty.

I hope we can make it more than once trip, maybe once a year! That would be great!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD6 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
bwang123
Posts: 1,457,177,981
 
bwang123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 845

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Good for you guys! My DH and I are currently planning an adults only weekend for May 2013. Our first ever Disney without the kids! It will only be three nights...thats all we can manage. My parents watch our girls and it is tiring!
We will be taking the girls back in Dec 2013 so will not feel guilty.

I hope we can make it more than once trip, maybe once a year! That would be great!
DW and I doing a weekend in May 2013 as well. We were invited to an adults only wedding in Antigua so we are squeezing in 2 days before flying there. We are going as a family this December and then October of 2013 so the kids should be fine.
__________________
OCT/NOV '15 (MNSSHP/MVMCP) | MAY '15 AKV | OCT '13 VWL (MNSSHP) | MAY '13 BWV | DEC '12 SSR/AKV | MAR '12 ASM/ASSp/BLT | MAR '11 POFQ/CBR | MAY '08 CS | '95 DL Offsite | '93 & '94 DW Offiste

bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: One hour from WDW
Posts: 2,992

DW and I set-up priorities.
Do you want to have time for yourselves?
If yes, then you figure it out in whatever way you have too to get the time to yourselves.
If no, then you will not do so.
We say that being alone is good for us and our family and we make it happen as often as we can.
__________________
Do whatever makes you and your family happy (From the Haunted Mansion DVD)
[IMG]
com_op_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
pixie08
DIS Veteran
 
pixie08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 5,072

Would you take a vacation without the kids to have alone time? Then why not to Disney if that is where you guys want to be and connect. DH and I love WDW and go all the time (no kids yet) we think it can be really romantic and relaxing too, so why not!!!
__________________
Mary
Too many times to count…

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #6
ALFranklin
Mouseketeer
 
ALFranklin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Good for you guys! My DH and I are currently planning an adults only weekend for May 2013. Our first ever Disney without the kids! It will only be three nights...thats all we can manage. My parents watch our girls and it is tiring!
We will be taking the girls back in Dec 2013 so will not feel guilty.

I hope we can make it more than once trip, maybe once a year! That would be great!
I so wish that we could afford to take all of our kids. Your plans sound perfect. Maybe we can make some similar arrangements...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwang123 View Post
DW and I doing a weekend in May 2013 as well. We were invited to an adults only wedding in Antigua so we are squeezing in 2 days before flying there. We are going as a family this December and then October of 2013 so the kids should be fine.
The wedding in Antigua sounds amazing and fitting in some Disney time will be just perfect! My husband's family wants to plan a trip to Jamaica in March, so maybe we could work out something similar. Thanks for the inspiration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_op_2000 View Post
DW and I set-up priorities.
Do you want to have time for yourselves?
If yes, then you figure it out in whatever way you have too to get the time to yourselves.
If no, then you will not do so.
We say that being alone is good for us and our family and we make it happen as often as we can.
I think that sounds perfect. My husband and I mixed our families, so unfortunately our trip to Disney is the ONLY time we have ever been away, just the 2 of us. It definitely helped our connection after a very difficult summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie08 View Post
Would you take a vacation without the kids to have alone time? Then why not to Disney if that is where you guys want to be and connect. DH and I love WDW and go all the time (no kids yet) we think it can be really romantic and relaxing too, so why not!!!
Very good point! How does the saying go? "When Momma ain't happy, nobody's happy." LOL Seriously though. It put us in such a happy mood and our kids were grateful to have happy parents when we were all together again. It's definitely something to think about.
__________________
ALFranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #7
LaurenM
Mouseketeer
 
LaurenM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas!
Posts: 230

We got married at Luau Beach last October and had our Disneymoon as well. We feel guilty that our DS was not able to enjoy the parks with us, but it was SO worth it. We too decided that we wanted to go back, so we planned a 5 night stay in May and our DS will NOT be going We have him staying with our parents.

I hope that you can get your trip booked, it's wonderful being kidless for a few days.
__________________
Married at Luau Beach 10/1/2011[/COLOR]

LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.