Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2014, 03:17 PM   #61
firen'ice
I am Canadian, eh!

72 days!

On my last cruise I was 11!
My mom and I and my two kids 2yrs and 4yrs will be on this cruise. I've asked to be added to the FB page too.
Question about stuff to put in the FE...what kinds of things, how many do I bring? What if I don't find all of them? Help me I'm new to the cruise thing...
firen'ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:18 PM   #62
firen'ice
I am Canadian, eh!

I should add that we don't have a confirmed room and wont until the day of the cruise.
firen'ice is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2014, 09:13 AM   #63
shesesewsall
Mouseketeer

A Little Late to the Party

Hello all!
I have already joined the fb page and it has taken me a bit to find the thread here for our group. DH surprised me early this week by telling me that he was taking me on this cruise for our 10th anniversary. Needless to say I was THRILLED!!!! He'd already made all the arrangements with the kids to house sit, animal sit, watch live-in grandbabies (yes, it's their kids, but normally I am the full time nanny as well as granny who watches them while they work) before he said, I"f you could go anywhere on a cruise for our anniversary, where would it be?" My first response was, "Anywhere as long as it was with you." Then he said, "How about Alaska?" I almost tackled him in the chair thanking him! So I guess my response was YES!!!!

As we are in what we consider short count down mode, we will not be doing FE (although we loved doing it on our last cruise). But we would still like to get to know y'all and meet up with y'all on (before) the cruise if you're doing a meet.

This will be our second Disney cruise--our first was on the 8th sailing of the Fantasy. We also have a family trip scheduled (as you'll see by my signature) scheduled for the Halloween cruise in 2015 on the Fantasy. I'm so excited I don't have to wait another whole year and a half before getting back on DCL!!!! We are avid Disney fans and we've lost count of how many trips we've made to WDW!! My children were in dance for 16 years and we ended up at WDW almost every year for competitions. If we lived closer, we'd probably have season passes!!!

All of this to say, we're glad to be joining you!!

The previous cruise is now 2 years in the past--now we start planning the next one for October 2015!!!! Let the count down begin!!!!

shesesewsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:49 PM   #64
lawgs
DIS Veteran

how to get onto facebook page

how does one get onto the facebook page for this cruise

thanks in advance
lawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:55 PM   #65
hughesma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousesmom View Post
Hi fellow cruisers! DH and I just booked the September 1 Alaska cruise. Our first trip to AL and our second DCL. We've cruised other lines but this one is the BEST!!!

Looking forward to meeting all of you!
Hello, we just booked a cruise to Alaska with my DH and DS. This is our 5th cruise within 18 mos. hope to meet everyone.
hughesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:38 PM   #66
hughesma
Earning My Ears

Fe

We just booked this cruise today and We would love to Join FE.. We did it last month for our 15day Panama cruise and its so much fun thank you. We can't wait to meet everyone.
hughesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:26 PM   #67
JEH2010
Earning My Ears

I just sent a request for the FB Disney Cruise Alaska September 1. This is all of our first cruises and going to Alaska. Very excited!
JEH2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:30 PM   #68
JEH2010
Earning My Ears

I would also like to join the Fish Extender thing too. I think it would be fun!
JEH2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:41 AM   #69
amitandbhavna
Earning My Ears

Hello All!

My wife and I are very excited for our first disney cruise. We are from Vancouver so this Alaska cruise is perfect since we don't have to take a flight with our 2 year old son and 4 year old daughter

We have asked to join the Facebook page and also would love to do the fish extender. Please let us know what we need to do to sign up

Thanks,

Amit and Bhavna
amitandbhavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:55 PM   #70
carlandjo1661
Earning My Ears

Wonder 9/1/14

Anyone here going? We're booked.
Is anyone else going a day early (31st?)
carlandjo1661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:03 AM   #71
shesesewsall
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlandjo1661 View Post
Anyone here going? We're booked.
Is anyone else going a day early (31st?)
For the last couple of you who have just booked this cruise, there is a facebook group that most everyone has communicated with each other through. It can be found at https://www.facebook.com/groups/wonder2alaska/

There are 3 FE groups for this cruise. All groups are now closed (the last group closed as of Aug 1). I wish the last of you that have joined here with us since I was last on here could have joined up with us as we only have 5 cabins in our group--that being said, I wouldn't want to say that it was OK to join without asking the other 4 cabins. The group was closed so that everyone would have time to get things finished before packing up to get to Vancouver.

But please come to our facebook page and introduce yourselves and come join the excitement that we are all feeling as we enter the countdown for this cruise!

The previous cruise is now 2 years in the past--now we start planning the next one for October 2015!!!! Let the count down begin!!!!

shesesewsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:51 PM   #72
carlandjo1661
Earning My Ears

I'm new also. My husband & I have been on 3 disney cruises. 25 in total counting all the other cruise lines (RCCL- Princess - Holland Amer. - etc. Let me tell you......NONE of the other cruise lines compare to Disney in every aspect.

Last edited by carlandjo1661; 08-10-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:56 PM   #73
carlandjo1661
Earning My Ears

A few days ago I asked to join the wonder2alaska group but still don't have access. Thanks.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:01 PM   #74
carlandjo1661
Earning My Ears

New to forum

I'm new to this board. So glad I found it. We've been on most cruise lines over the past 35 years and have to say that Disney is so much better on every level (2 baths in cabins, food, etc.) Even though I work for Disney, I notice the customer service to be way above and beyond the others. This will be our 4th. Going one day early to Vancouver for 9/1 cruise. Does anyone have any suggestions on a moderately priced hotel near the airport that you personally stayed? Thanks so much for any help you can give.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: