Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
Cheese2013
Earning My Ears

Stroller Rental

Can anyone recommend somewhere that does "big kids" stroller rentals ie 7 year olds to save paying disney prices?
Cheese2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

When we did our last trip in may we had two doubles. One rider was our 7 yr old DD. It was also EMH for MK and we were at the park past midnight she slept for about an hr in there. She did good. it was a bit harder to push but I think that's because instead of our 2 yr old riding with her our 5 yr old did. So they went over on weight but it was very managable. I just made DH push them. we used apple strollers city mini. This sept trip with just her alone for NOJ I checked and disney is cheaper for the three days.
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
Cheese2013
Earning My Ears

thank you
Cheese2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
GoldieLocks5
Mouseketeer

this year (and the past year) we used a city mini double + ride on board for our 3 boys (twins + older son).

but this year I couldn't push it much - sooo heavy - so next year we are going to rent a single when we are there - thinking about renting a city elite single b/c it's bigger - better for our 7yo... though, heavier and bulkier on the bus - but not that big of a deal.

the city mini is truly the best stroller for Disney IMO (I have owned many many strollers)... my 6yo (will be 7yo on our next trip) is very big - but gets sooo tired in the parks so I need to have somewhere for him to sit.

orlandostrollers is who we used last time to rent.

[/url]
Mom to 1+Twins, all boys
Planning our 3rd Disney trip! 1st was March-April 2012, Suite @ ASMu. 2nd was May 5-11 at Beach Club, and 3rd will be early May, Beach Club again!
GoldieLocks5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #5
3mama3
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if any of the stroller rental companies sell stroller fans? I live in Canada and can't seem to find any here It would be great if I could just purchase one with my rental!
3mama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:15 AM   #6
thummyt
Earning My Ears

Town Car Now Stroller Rental

Looking into renting a City Elite for my 7 yo for our upcoming trip. Looked at pricing and insurance and have found their prices highly competitive. He is outside the height range for the City Mini and he and little brother can switch as necessary. Has anyone had experience with renting from them?
thummyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:56 AM   #7
mommyburns
Earning My Ears

We rented from themepark strollers three years now and have loved their service. I love the personal touches.
mommyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #8
AliOops
Earning My Ears

On our trip last Spring we rented a city mini GT, it's a bit bigger than the regular mini and the wheels are different, much more durable and makes for easier pushing. We had my DS 6 and DS 3 in it and it worked great. We plan to rent the same stroller when we go back this October. Our oldest, now 7, will probably be a bit squished height wise but if he's tired he won't care. The elite might be able to handle the extra weight better but it's heavier and bulkier so we're going with the GT. We rented from Orlando Stoller rentals and they were fabulous, but Kingdom Strollers has the GT as well.

AliOops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #9
pbennett81178
Earning My Ears

We plan on renting a city mini GT single from orlando stroller rental on our next trip. I like this stroller b/c my 6 yr DS will be able to use it. He's not overweight, just a solid boy. It's been hard to find a stroller to meet his weight requirements. He's 4 ft, 57 lbs. We tried to find a double, b/c of our 3yr DD, but our son was too heavy. We will just bring our lightweight stroller from home for our DD and rent the one for our DS. I've read on their website that you can get a rain cover for free and they also give you an ice cooler.

WDW Contemporary 01/2004, WDW Wilderness Lodge 01/2009, WDW Port Orleans French Quarter 02/2012, WDW POP Century 03/2014
pbennett81178 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: