Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #16
kevschickee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997

If I'm drunk and yelling and swearing at CP or CRT, then I should be asked to leave or quiet down. If a child is being allowed to run around a restaurant--any restaurant--where others are trying to walk or servers are carrying trays of hot food, glasses, etc, then someone should point out to that child's parent that they are needing more supervision or it's time to go.

We are a couple who can't have kids. We go to WDW and we don't mind the kids. However, there are some who don't provide enough supervision at restaurants (even in the real world, away from WDW) and allow their children to ruin the dining experience of others who are eating there. And that is not right. WDW is meant to be enjoyed by EVERYONE, not just those with children.
Well said

Danica 5 DH 32

http://
Old 04-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #17
amym2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brertoad
When we went to La Nouba, a child kicked the back of my husband's chair for the entire duration of the show. We didn't say anything to the family.
But that ruined it for my husband and me. The whole time we were frazzled by this, and I don't know what parent in the world wouldn't tell their kid to stop. Paying $70 a ticket to be kicked the whole time.

Many times people will not say anything because it's up to the parent to handle the situation, and if you were to say something it would cause an immediate knee jerk reaction from the parents, and it would possible blow up into something worse.

And there are adults who are incredibly loud and rude (or drunk) as well. And we don't say anything to them either. For the same reasons, if you did, it would blow up into something worse.

Just because it is Disney doesn't mean a child should have free reign to do anything and everything they want. With regards to infants, I think most people are very understanding, and most parents also are well aware of the situation and will take their infant out to calm them when needed.
We were on an airplane once and the lady sitting in front of my DD leaned over and said to my DD, "I'm sure you didn't realize you were doing it, but you are kicking my seat and it is bothering me." I had no idea my DD was kicking the seat. I was glad she said something. I know some parents overreact, but if you phrase it nicely, it is appropriate to tell someone that what they are doing is bothering you.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #18
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Overall, this was a great discussion, closing only because the original post seemed a bit argumentative, and not well suited for the dining board.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughtful insight.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: