Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2014, 01:53 PM   #826
2CME911
Mouseketeer

Sad to be home but so glad to have met all of you. The DIS group from this cruise will be very hard to match and I'd just like to Thank each and every one of you for helping to make last week one of the BEST WEEKS my family has ever had! The FE gifts were amazing... Some of you went way over the top...Thank You so much. Even though the prices continue to climb, we decided to rebook anyway for June 20, 2015 Fantasy Eastern same itinerary. All the best from the D's!
Old 04-27-2014, 07:20 PM   #827
alayne
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone,

I was not on this cruise but I have booked this cruise for next year and I was hoping some of you might provide me with some information regarding Easter on the ship.

Can you share what Disney had to offer as far as Easter? If you do Easter Baskets for your kids how did you do this on the trip? Especially telling your kids who still believe in the Easter Bunny.. Any information you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!
Allison
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2014, 07:33 PM   #828
2CME911
Mouseketeer

Good questions Allison.

There will be religious services held on Easter Sunday, including one specifically Catholic Mass. Other than that, not too much will happen. There were one or two Easter egg hunts in the kids clubs, but that's about it. With Disney, most things are religion neutral.

You certainly could do your own baskets or egg hunts, but will have to be prepared in advance. I heard there were Easter baskets for sale in one of the shops, but very $$$$. We simply told our kids it was just too hard for the Easter Bunny to find a moving ship and he had left some goodies at home for when we got back. The kids didn't seem to mind a bit.

BTW the weather was spectacular and the sun very strong so bring lots of sunscreen...and have a great trip!
Old 04-27-2014, 09:01 PM   #829
Joel0917
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by alayne View Post
Hi Everyone,

I was not on this cruise but I have booked this cruise for next year and I was hoping some of you might provide me with some information regarding Easter on the ship.

Can you share what Disney had to offer as far as Easter? If you do Easter Baskets for your kids how did you do this on the trip? Especially telling your kids who still believe in the Easter Bunny.. Any information you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!
Allison
they did have the easter bunny..very early for photos..but it wasn't in the navigator..weird.

All the characters in the morning had photo ops in their "Easter/Spring Outfits".

what's nice is it's formal night..so everyone dresses up any way. My kids are 9 and 5 this trip..just back. we told them we emailed the EB and told him where we'd be. We just hid a few small things in the room and gave them smaller gift bags and some disney gift cards. Totally bought it!

The ship did have an 8am catholic mass and a couple non denominational services after that.
Joel0917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:58 AM   #830
talb714
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alayne View Post
Hi Everyone, I was not on this cruise but I have booked this cruise for next year and I was hoping some of you might provide me with some information regarding Easter on the ship. Can you share what Disney had to offer as far as Easter? If you do Easter Baskets for your kids how did you do this on the trip? Especially telling your kids who still believe in the Easter Bunny.. Any inform might have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much! Allison
Hello Allison.
Just off the Fantasy. They had egg hunts and Easter craft several times that day in the kids clubs. Both my kids believe and we brought sand buckets filled with candy and gift cards. They could use the buckets at the beach and have the candy for the movies. Worked out perfect. They had 3 different services Easter morning. Hope this helps.
Sheila

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: