Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

So, I MIGHT be going to WDW beginning of December (I won't know for sure til next week) and I'm trying to decide if I should go back to POP, where I've stayed twice before and enjoyed, or CBR. I love the saved money, theming and food court of POP. On the other hand, I want a king bed, which is only a request at POP, but can be guaranteed at CBR. I also know the person I'm going with will prefer CBR's theming, though he wouldn't hate POP. So, while I'm trying to be patient until I find out if I'm even going, I though I'd ask the wonderful people of DIS for their opinions in case I have forgotten something that may help me decide.

FWIW, I have visited CBR but never stayed there. I do think it's gorgeous there.

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR

Last edited by PhoenixStrength; 09-19-2012 at 05:33 PM.
PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
So, I MIGHT be going to WDW beginning of December (I won't know for sure til next week) and I'm trying to decide if I should go back to POP, where I've stayed twice before and enjoyed, or CBR. I love the saved money, theming and food court of POP. On the other hand, I want a king bed, which is only a request at POP, but can be guaranteed at CBR. I also know the person I'm going with will prefer CBR's theming, though he wouldn't hate POP. So, while I'm trying to be patient until I find out if I'm even going, I though I'd ask the wonderful people of DIS for their opinions in case I have forgotten something that may help me decide.

FWIW, I have visited CBR but never stayed there. I do think it's gorgeous there.
We have stayed at both and we prefer POP over CBR. For us, there was not a huge difference in amenities.

-Both have double beds
- we prefer the POP food court over CBR's
- we liked the POP bus better, we really didn't care for the internal bus stops of CBR
- we did not like the size of CBR. I think that it sounds like you are two adults that are going, so maybe it won't matter, but the walk from our building to OPR was about 10 minutes with two little kids dragging behind after a long day in the parks. I feel that POP is more compact.

CBR was gorgeous though for sure. And we really liked seeing the higher fireworks from IllumiNations outside our door.

We just didn't care for CBR overall,and felt our money was better spent at POP.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
dansdad
DIS Veteran

I would suggest CBR. It is our favorite moderate. We really like the food court. The offerings are very good and the layout is great. You already know how beautiful CBR is. It has such a relaxed laid back atmosphere that is such a welcomed relief from the craziness of the parks. Here is what you will get at CBR.

Bigger room
Double sink
Multiple covered bus stops
Hot tubs
Table service restaurant
Bike rental
Boat rental
A quiet pool in every village

You can't go wrong with either choice though!
Old 09-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

We have stayed at both and we prefer POP over CBR. For us, there was not a huge difference in amenities.

-Both have double beds
- we prefer the POP food court over CBR's
- we liked the POP bus better, we really didn't care for the internal bus stops of CBR
- we did not like the size of CBR. I think that it sounds like you are two adults that are going, so maybe it won't matter, but the walk from our building to OPR was about 10 minutes with two little kids dragging behind after a long day in the parks. I feel that POP is more compact.

CBR was gorgeous though for sure. And we really liked seeing the higher fireworks from IllumiNations outside our door.

We just didn't care for CBR overall,and felt our money was better spent at POP.
Thanks for the input. While the extra walking does not bother me at all at CBR (no kids!), the bus kinda does. I do love only one stop at POP, but I absolutely do not want double beds, and its more likely that I will there while I can book a King and know I'll get it at CBR.

Maybe I can book POP and hope for a free upgrade to a Mod since it will be his birthday. :rofl:

Old 09-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
carly chloe
DIS Veteran

We love CBR. It's more relaxing than POP. Beautiful. Better pool- hottub. A double sink is really nice- more counterspace. We always go preferred though. Try something new- get a different experience.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #6
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad
I would suggest CBR. It is our favorite moderate. We really like the food court. The offerings are very good and the layout is great. You already know how beautiful CBR is. It has such a relaxed laid back atmosphere that is such a welcomed relief from the craziness of the parks. Here is what you will get at CBR.

Bigger room
Double sink
Multiple covered bus stops
Hot tubs
Table service restaurant
Bike rental
Boat rental
A quiet pool in every village

You can't go wrong with either choice though!
Everything you said are reasons I want to pick CBR!! And the quiet atmosphere is really great as my companion has had a terrible year and I want him to feel relaxed and calm while we are at the resort. Darn, this is a hard choice!!

Old 09-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #7
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly chloe
We love CBR. It's more relaxing than POP. Beautiful. Better pool- hottub. A double sink is really nice- more counterspace. We always go preferred though. Try something new- get a different experience.
I think I'm going to check for free dining at both and if one doesn't have any of those rooms left that will decide it for me!

Old 09-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #8
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

We've never stayed at POP, but we loved CBR. We loved everything about the resort, but especially the bus transportation. There are 4 or 5 internal bus stops, but there's no sharing with any other resort. The resort is large and spread out, but we didn't mind the walking. Also, since CBR is centrally located, it didn't take more than about 10 minutes to get to any theme park, water park, or DTD. Out of all of the resorts we've stayed at, we think CBR has the best transportation and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #9
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
We've never stayed at POP, but we loved CBR. We loved everything about the resort, but especially the bus transportation. There are 4 or 5 internal bus stops, but there's no sharing with any other resort. The resort is large and spread out, but we didn't mind the walking. Also, since CBR is centrally located, it didn't take more than about 10 minutes to get to any theme park, water park, or DTD. Out of all of the resorts we've stayed at, we think CBR has the best transportation and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Good luck.
Thanks for making me feel better about the buses, they were one of my big concerns.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:12 PM   #10
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Thanks for making me feel better about the buses, they were one of my big concerns.
Good luck with your decision as I know how hard it is to decide on a resort with so many choices .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #11
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

If you are going the first week of December, it is expected that Pop Warner will be staying at CBR. Many on here have had no problems sharing a hotel; others say they will never do it again. I would say why chance a bad experience and go with Pop.
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #12
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Good luck with your decision as I know how hard it is to decide on a resort with so many choices .
Thanks! It took me a while to narrow it down to these 2! Every resort I looked at I wanted to stay at for at least one reason. TBH, if money was no object I'd stay in AKL with savannah view, no contemplation needed. But I can't afford that this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel View Post
If you are going the first week of December, it is expected that Pop Warner will be staying at CBR. Many on here have had no problems sharing a hotel; others say they will never do it again. I would say why chance a bad experience and go with Pop.
Thanks for the info, I had no idea Pop Warner was expected to stay there. I will say in February there were cheerleader groups at POP while I was there, and they didn't bother me at all. Occasionally I heard them practicing, but they were always well behaved.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #13
PhoenixStrength

Thanks to everyone for your input. After checking with a TA I've decided that, if we do go, we are going to stay at CBR, as long as they still have a King bed room available for the free dining offer.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: