Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #1
JeannieNM
DIS Veteran

Cars Land RSR Question

Does anyone know if all three rides' lines are mainstreamed? Does anyone know what the transfer is like, especially onto RSR? I would hate to go early for FPs and then find out I can't do the transfer, I don't walk or stand. I'm going mid October. How about the other two rides, what are their transfer's like?

Thanks for the help
JeannieNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
rewardsinlife
Mouseketeer

I ended up emailing, and then received a phone call from Disney regarding this exact issue.

Luigis flying tires- you can be wheeled right up to the attraction and then transfer in two steps. It is an 'up' transfer from the actual tire to the seat...and then vice versa to get back out. Sounded like it is pretty easy transfer.

Maters tow- just like transfer at thunder mountain railroad or some of the attractions in fantasyland. Cart has a moveable hinge door that allows for more space to transfer in. Slight drop or completely parallel from what I understand.

The racers ( forgot the name at the moment) - like a space mountain transfer. Additional car available for extra loading time...and it has a higher seat so it is more of a parallel transfer and then down to the seat, rather then all the way down like in pirates.

All lines are ADA and then split off at the end for extra assistance.

Hope this makes sense and let me know if anything is confusing.
rewardsinlife is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewardsinlife
I ended up emailing, and then received a phone call from Disney regarding this exact issue.

Luigis flying tires- you can be wheeled right up to the attraction and then transfer in two steps. It is an 'up' transfer from the actual tire to the seat...and then vice versa to get back out. Sounded like it is pretty easy transfer.

Maters tow- just like transfer at thunder mountain railroad or some of the attractions in fantasyland. Cart has a moveable hinge door that allows for more space to transfer in. Slight drop or completely parallel from what I understand.

The racers ( forgot the name at the moment) - like a space mountain transfer. Additional car available for extra loading time...and it has a higher seat so it is more of a parallel transfer and then down to the seat, rather then all the way down like in pirates.

All lines are ADA and then split off at the end for extra assistance.

Hope this makes sense and let me know if anything is confusing.
I think the racers are like toy story mania in wdw where it on it separate track then goes on the rise giving you more time to Laos and unload.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
JeannieNM
DIS Veteran

rewardsinlife- Thank you that is the exact information that I needed.
JeannieNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
BillSears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewardsinlife View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney david View Post
I think the racers are like toy story mania in wdw where it on it separate track then goes on the rise giving you more time to Laos and unload.
Space Mountain in Disneyland actually has a similar system to TSM in WDW. But unlike TSM you have to transfer into the ride. They have an interesting transfer system that involves moving a set of varying height seats/steps for you to go down into the ride one step at a time on your butt.
CR-77, Travelodge(DTD)-81, Poly-92, SOG-96, Offsite-97, ASMu-98, POR-03, Vistana Resort-04, WL-Sept 2006! CSR-December 2006, Pop-May 2007(first solo trip!), CSR-Sept 2007(Solo trip), and offsite-May-2008 visited Universal, SeaWorld, KSC and a couple of days at WDW. WL-March 2009 I turned 50 in WDW! May-10 Pop, Oct 2010- Pop for first F&W, Dec 2010-Pop for Christmas stuff, May 2011-POFQ. Pop Aug -14, Pop Sept-14, Pop Dec-14 and Pop May-15! Trip report from 1997:http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/trip....97/sears97.htm
BillSears is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #6
OrthoDad
Mouseketeer

Here was an article that discussed accessibility in the new DCA expansion, including RSR.

http://travel.usatoday.com/alliance/...ments/790832/1
OrthoDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: