Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #1
lilasmom
DIS Veteran

O'hana's new menu question

I read last month that O'hana's had changed their dinner menu. The salad dressing had changed and fruit was added to the salad. The stir fry noodles now had onions and peppers added. There is only one dipping sauce for the meats.

Has this new menu stayed? Are there any other changes? My son loves O'hana and he's the only reason we're going. If the menu has indeed changed, he may not like it anymore and we won't go.

Any recent reviews?

Thanks!

lilasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #2
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilasmom View Post
I read last month that O'hana's had changed their dinner menu. The salad dressing had changed and fruit was added to the salad. The stir fry noodles now had onions and peppers added. There is only one dipping sauce for the meats.

Has this new menu stayed? Are there any other changes? My son loves O'hana and he's the only reason we're going. If the menu has indeed changed, he may not like it anymore and we won't go.

Any recent reviews?

Thanks!
we are heading there next week. I asked this same question about a few weeks ago, and it looks as if it has stuck. It is the new menu. We are going next Tuesday, will post then.

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days

wdw4rfam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
lilasmom
DIS Veteran

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw4rfam View Post
we are heading there next week. I asked this same question about a few weeks ago, and it looks as if it has stuck. It is the new menu. We are going next Tuesday, will post then.
Thank you, I'd appreciate it so much!

lilasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #4
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

We went to Ohana on January 29th and it was still very delish! We loved it just the same as always and will be going back in Dec. (just for reference- we are: me, DH and our 3 teens).
Old 04-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #5
purple figment
DIS Veteran

We ate at 'Ohana last month and it did include the changes you mentioned. There wasn't a lot of fruit in the salad, but I liked it. The noodles did have veggies in them, but again, we didn't mind them at all. Most noticeable was only one sauce being served.

We enjoyed our dinner and did not mind the changes to the menu. We plan on going back on our next trip.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #6
DisneyFansInNYC
DIS Veteran

We were there in Feb. it was still delicious. We had eaten there many times before and still loved it. Go, he will love it.

Our 2013 Disney Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSzd7LSuFc
DisneyFansInNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #7
Mac4life30
DIS Veteran

Im heading there Friday and can't wait
Mac4life30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:10 AM   #8
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

I can't speak for the change in the noodles, cuz I never made it around to trying them!
I loved the old salad with the raspberry vinegarette dressing. I was kinda grossed out that there was fruit on the salad. LOL!! When I mentioned it to the server and asked whose bright idea was it to put fruit on lettuce, she laughed and said they were getting quite a bit of negative feedback about that! She brought us out a bowl of regular salad minus the fruit and some of the other salad dressing they had (I already forgot what kind it was, it wasn't the raspberry vinegarette though...) but it was better than that other stuff!!
Overall, it was still pretty good. We skip the pork though, I don't like whatever seasoning they use on it. But that's okay, I can fill up on the wings, shrimp, and beef!
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:26 AM   #9
bgraham34
Wilderness Lodger

Ugh I dont like onions, why did they add that, it was good the way it was.

bgraham34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: