Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
carolinakk
Mouseketeer

VWL one bedroom ?

Posted this in the wilderness lodge thread in the resorts board but haven't had any luck. Wanted to see if any of y'all have any insight-

We will be staying in a one bedroom villa beginning Feb 3. We are renting a full size crib from abbf.com.

We've stayed in the 1 bedroom before and I recall a large walk in closet adjacent to the bathroom vanity. It had the safe in it and the ironing board I think.

Does anyone know if a full size crib could fit into this closet space? I'm trying to give my little one a space of his own so we aren't waking him every time we get in and out of bed (we put the crib next to the bed by the window last time). Also so we don't necessarily have to go lights out by 7:30 pm every night [/QUOTE]
carolinakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:23 PM   #2
aimes0105
Earning My Ears

I came across this question when I was searching for the same information. I know this is an old post but I'm hoping that you might be able to share your experience with fitting the full size crib in the closet? I'm hoping this is possible as my daughter isn't a great sleeper unless she's in her own space.

Thanks!
aimes0105 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2014, 06:59 PM   #3
bellazachmom
DIS Veteran

We are DVC members and our favorite resort is VWL!

I can say with absolute certainty that a pack 'n play/portable crib will fit in the closet off the one bedroom and a full crib will fit in the closet of the second bedroom. We have done both!

Most of the rooms are the same shape and configuration, but a few are different based on which floor you are on and its location due to the shape of the building and roof line.

It might be possible to fit a full crib in the closet of the one bedroom / master bedroom of a 2 bedroom, but I wouldn't count on it. The door to the closet opens in and takes up quite a bit of space. There are a few with pocket doors and some rooms might have a larger closet but there is no way to guarantee that you get one.

Another suggestion would be the one bedroom at Old Key West. The villa is the largest on property and has a laundry room that, you guessed it, worls great as a nursery! (Yep, we have done this, too!)

DGC in 2013 & 2011, BCV&BLT in 2010, VWL in 2009, SSR in 2008, VWL in 2007, OKW in 2006, OKW in 2004, HHI in 2004, VWL in 2003,
DisneyLand Paris in 2002, Beach Club in 2002, Beach Club in 2000, Beach Club in 1994 and Lots of Family Trips offsite from 1978 - 1993!
bellazachmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:47 PM   #4
aimes0105
Earning My Ears

Thank you very much for the response! I have looked at a bunch of floor plans and pictures and thought it looked like some had pocket doors and others didn't. I wonder if they've ever received a special room request for a closet with pocket doors?

I actually had Old Key West on my list of options and thought the laundry room looked like a good option. Ultimately we decided to go with VWL because of the close proximity to MK which is where we'll spend most of our time. I'm hoping that even if the door won't close, I can still put the crib in the closet and if we avoid the tub part of the bathroom while she's sleeping she'll still have enough of her own space to sleep well.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:18 PM   #5
bellazachmom
DIS Veteran

You are going to have a fabulous time at the Lodge!

One tip about getting to the MK ~ there are boats to take you there and they are wonderful. Some are small, some are large, some are direct and some stop at the Contemporary. They are wonderful and should be enjoyed at least once! However, there is a quicker, less - atmospheric, way to get to MK that not all WL guests realize - a DIRECT bus! and since you are staying at the Villas, the bus stop is MUCH closer then the boat dock

The bus just picks up at the lodge, goes to MK, drops & picks up guests and returns to the lodge. 10 minute trip! The boats are much slower.

Also, the buses drop you closer to the MK gates then the boats do ~ or at least they did before Disney re-worked the bus area. We haven't been since that was done so I'm not sure where the WL bus drops now.

DGC in 2013 & 2011, BCV&BLT in 2010, VWL in 2009, SSR in 2008, VWL in 2007, OKW in 2006, OKW in 2004, HHI in 2004, VWL in 2003,
DisneyLand Paris in 2002, Beach Club in 2002, Beach Club in 2000, Beach Club in 1994 and Lots of Family Trips offsite from 1978 - 1993!
bellazachmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:59 PM   #6
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

We've stayed at VWL in a 1 bedroom twice. The closet in the 1 bedroom we stayed in in 2011 (Room 1504) fit the Pack & Play perfectly. There's no way a full-sized crib would fit in there. The villa we stayed in this year (2536) seemed to have had a bigger closet, but I'm sure not sure if a crib would fit in there. There is plenty of room, I think, on each side of the bed in the bedroom. I would plan on the crib going in the bedroom and if it fits in the closet instead, great! But better not to be disappointed. The other option is just to put the crib in the tub area of the bathroom. The 1 bedroom villas are set up with two sink areas (one by the tub, one in with the shower) so the crib wouldn't block access to the only vanity area.

The issue with DVC room requests is that occupancy tends to be fairly high and thus there is really not a lot of opportunity to switch. In three DVC stays, we've never been able to switch to a different room because there was nothing available.
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:59 AM   #7
aimes0105
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the great tips! I'm very excited to stay at the lodge and think the bus will be perfect for our early morning trip over the MK and then we'll probably take the boat back so we can convince the 2 year old that its just another ride so she won't be so sad to leave. I think even if we end up using the bathtub part of the bathroom there will be enough division from the bed with the partial wall that she'll sleep ok, plus we can stay in the living room to watch tv and relax until just before we're ready for bed.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:25 PM   #8
DisneyElite4
Mouseketeer

We were at VWL in December in a one-bedroom villa with our then 13 month old DS. We had intentions of putting his PnP in the larger closet as well, as he also needs his own space and would not sleep well in a room with us. It definitely fit there nicely and a full-size crib would have also fit in our particular unit, however, he would have none of it. I think being in that small space really freaked him out. He refused to nap there our first day and the first night he woke up a few times, which is very rare for him.

We ended up putting him in the living room after that first day and night and putting the microwave fan on high for a noisemaker and he slept great there the whole week, evenings and naps. Yes, it did relegate my DH and I to the master bedroom, but we were just fine there! We had the whole master bedroom and bathroom to ourselves and we would stay up and watch TV and relax on the porch together. We were on the first floor and right by the walking path to the pool, so we could take turns coming and going as we needed to, we just left directly from our patio area and came back through the sliding glass doors each evening! Worked out great if one of us wanted to walk around the resort, watch the water pageant, go to a park, get some food for both of us, etc.

Have fun!

August 2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ October 2006: Beach Club ~ November 2006: Walt Disney World Swan Hotel ~ February 2007: Boardwalk Resort ~ March 2007: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ April 2007: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ August 2007: Old Key West Resort ~ September 2007: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ February 2008: All Star Movies ~ March 2008: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ April 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ July 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ November 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter ~ April 2009: Port Orleans French Quarter ~ June 2009: Disney Wedding/Grand Floridian Resort ~ March 2010: Pop Century Resort ~ August 2010: Royal Pacific Resort ~ October 2010: Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village ~ June 2011: Grand Californian Resort ~ October 2011: Old Key West Resort ~ December 2013: Wilderness Lodge Villas
DisneyElite4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: