Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
IwannaseeMickey
Mouseketeer

Fall pin code...resorts included

Is POR alligator bayou included in the current PIN code offer? And, are the Cars suites not offering full dining with it...only quick? A Disney rep told my friend it is not and is forcing them into a royal room. They are going Nov. 11. They have a family of 5, plus another room with 3 adults. That room forces them into putting a child in the other room with grandma and aunt and uncle. Basically, a tight squeeze. They were in a Cars suite, but she said they would have to move to get full or pay to upgrade dining.
IwannaseeMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwannaseeMickey View Post
Is POR alligator bayou included in the current PIN code offer? And, are the Cars suites not offering full dining with it...only quick? A Disney rep told my friend it is not and is forcing them into a royal room. They are going Nov. 11. They have a family of 5, plus another room with 3 adults. That room forces them into putting a child in the other room with grandma and aunt and uncle. Basically, a tight squeeze. They were in a Cars suite, but she said they would have to move to get full or pay to upgrade dining.
AoA suites are value and hence only Quick service - you can upgrade to Basic dining however. Little Mermaid standard rooms are not available.

Fine prints mentions:

"excludes campsites and 3-bedroom villas and is not valid at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort—The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms."

Tried to check the others but site is dead slow...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #3
IwannaseeMickey
Mouseketeer

I was thinking with the current Fd promo the Family suites were included in full free dining, not just quick...understandably the mermaids aren't,. But, geez, the family suites are as much as a mod or deluxe! And, I might have confused some in my question.....they switched to PoR to get full free dining, but can't get AB for 5, nor could they get a standard room, only could get a POR Royal room. Strange, unless its booked, but Nov 11 doesn't seem like a high time to go. Just curious if the CM knew it all right...I have dealt with some that don't! Thanks for any answers!
IwannaseeMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
KIRSTIN'S MOMMY
Creates edible masterpieces
Planning a huge WDW family reunion...I know, I'm insane!!!

The availability with the fall Free Dining PIN is EXTREMELY limited. POR has been sold our for a while now.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #5
jaybee1026
Earning My Ears

Quote:
The availability with the fall Free Dining PIN is EXTREMELY limited. POR has been sold our for a while now.
New to staying onsite.. I'm assuming that if/when FD is released as a general public offer, availability will increase?

Me Dh DD(13) DS(12) DD(10) DD(6)

Old 06-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #6
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee1026 View Post
New to staying onsite.. I'm assuming that if/when FD is released as a general public offer, availability will increase?
From what I've been reading from other posts, gp offer should open up more rooms. There are so many rooms alotted for the pin thats out. I'm hoping that is true ,going also November 11th-17 at POR standard/wheelchair assesable room. But if I need to I'll just switch to another mod resort with availability.

77,79,88 OS89,92 FW96 ASM05 OS07,09,11 POP13 POFQ/POR2015 POP
DAD(50), MOM(49) ,SON(17)
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #7
amccu18007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was thinking with the current Fd promo the Family suites were included in full free dining, not just quick...understandably the mermaids aren't,. But, geez, the family suites are as much as a mod or deluxe! And, I might have confused some in my question.....they switched to PoR to get full free dining, but can't get AB for 5, nor could they get a standard room, only could get a POR Royal room. Strange, unless its booked, but Nov 11 doesn't seem like a high time to go. Just curious if the CM knew it all right...I have dealt with some that don't! Thanks for any answers!
The cm is correct. They are in a value resort and this get quick service. If they want that room they can upgrade to standard dining. It is the difference between quick service price and reg service price.......POR has very limited 5 person rooms and they filled quickly. If GP free dining is released more rooms should open up. However, if I were your friends, I would check and call everyday to see if there were an opening in POR for a 5 person room their persistence should pay off. People are changing rooms and canceling vacations all the time.
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 YACHT CLUB

amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #8
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have a family of five and NEED POR too. I would go with AoA but my 7 year old is on the autism spectrum and would be WAY too much stimulation for him. Unless we find money somewhere and can book Yacht/Beach Club (the cheap rooms there are currently booked anyway), POR is our only option. Wish I could talk my in-laws into going and have one kid stay with them! My kids would LOVE it!
Here's hoping FD goes public and more availability opens up for us all!
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #9
SheenaXena21
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A Disney rep told my friend it is not and is forcing them into a royal room. They are going Nov. 11. They have a family of 5, plus another room with 3 adults.
I booked with a PIN for FD on the 8th, and all they had left at POR was garden view and royal themed rooms. So no standard rooms, as the royal themed rooms are in Magnolia Bend, not Alligator Bayou.

I would keep calling to see if any standard rooms open up between now and the 45 day mark. (so you won't be charged)

That's what I'll be doing...

SheenaXena21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: