Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #46
brookmey
I may live in the south, but I bleed maize and blue

I turned 39 this past June and it wasn't that hard for me at all. Turning 30 was the worst, I had a really hard time, but I'm actually looking forward to turning 40. I look at turning 40 as the time to really be me. In my 20s I was all about my job and having fun being single, but I really didn't know what I wanted in life and I hadn't figured myself out yet. My 30s have been about having babies, raising my kids and getting a handle on being a SAH wife and mother.

Now my kids are in school and I have time to do things that I want to do. I have the time and freedom to work out, read, and pursue some of my hobbies when they're at school. I'm looking forward to my 40s being about having fun with my family and my life. Plus, we're going on our very first Disney cruise and spending the week after at Disney for my birthday. How can I not look forward to it!
Old 10-08-2012, 01:22 AM   #47
Ember
I've also crazy glued myself to many things
I'm calling it a victory. At least until next time

Turning 30 sucked, but not because of the number. My mum and I had all these plans for my 30th birthday. We were going to go to New York City, just the two of us. We'd dream-planned the trip since I was a teenager. (My mom didn't like turning 30 and so we were going to make my 30th too much fun to not like.) She didn't make it. She died of cancer when I was 29. So, yeah, 30 sucked.

Now I'm not afraid of getting older. But I am very desperately afraid I won't get to be old enough. There's so much to see and do...
Ember is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #48
BensDaddy
Graduate of Goofy's Flight School

I turned 39 last week. I'm kind of torn about it. I wish that I had corrected some bad decisions in my professional life 10 years ago, now it's too late. I look in the mirror expecting to see the guy who was in the mirror in college, but instead I see this guy losing his hair, maybe ten pounds too heavy, with wrinkles around the corners of my eyes. My marriage is ok, but I long for the days when we were newly married and had that passion and spark more often.

Just seems as though when our son was born life accelerated. Time goes so much faster now. The first 18 years of life dragged by... but the next 18 soared by! The calendar is filled between work and family. There isn't much time to slow down and enjoy one another. I'm afraid the next ten years is going to go by as fast as the last ten years has...

Maybe that is why I spend so much time planning these trips and trying to live vicariously through my son's eyes. Trying to recapture some of that youth that was so quickly lost.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: