Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie

Question UGGGHHH! Air Tran won't let me check in????

uggggh, has anyone had the same experience. I keep trying to check in, it will let me get as far as paying for my bags and then it will say invalid error...
Old 08-14-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
dudspizza
I married in to a Disney crazy family... now I have become the craziest of them all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorepixie View Post
uggggh, has anyone had the same experience. I keep trying to check in, it will let me get as far as paying for my bags and then it will say invalid error...
1 of two things is happening.

1. there is some sort of computer issue right now.

2. You have been chosen by TSA randomly for further screening. It simply means checking in at the counter to finish your check in.

Call Airtran to see if they can tell you what is going on.

Duds
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
magic mouse
Mouseketeer

It happened on one of our trips! It would check in my family, but not me. So I called the airline and told them to uncheck my family and when I went back on-line I was able to check us all in! It might be worth a shot if your traveling with other friends and/or family.
magic mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:50 PM   #4
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

My friend tried checking in today also and it wouldn't work. She called airtran and they said their systems were down and she'd have to check in at the airport tomorrow morning.
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:50 PM   #5
Jestocost
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudspizza View Post
1 of two things is happening.

1. there is some sort of computer issue right now.

2. You have been chosen by TSA randomly for further screening. It simply means checking in at the counter to finish your check in.

Call Airtran to see if they can tell you what is going on.

Duds
The Rusty Scupper is everywhere.
Spring 1976, WDW/Golf Resort; Spring 2000, WDW/CBR; Summer 2002, WDW/CBR; Thanksgiving 2003, Disney Wonder & WDW/CBR; Fall 2004, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2005, Disney Magic Western Caribbean; Fall 2005, WDW/BC; Summer 2006, Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean & WDW/POFQ; Christmas 2006, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2007, DLR/Disneyland Hotel; Fall 2007, WDW/Poly; Summer 2008, WDW/POFQ & Disney Wonder B2B; Thanksgiving 2008, WDW/Poly; Summer 2009, WDW/AKL; Christmas/New Year 2009-2010, WDW/Poly and Disney Magic Western Caribbean; Spring Break 2010, WDW/BC; Summer 2010, WDW/GF; Thanksgiving 2010, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2011, WDW/BC; Summer 2011, WDW/BWI; Thanksgiving 2011, Disney Dream; Summer 2012, WDW/AKL;F&WF 2012, WDW/BWI; Spring Break 2013, WDW/BC; Summer 2013, Disney Wonder Alaska; F&WF 2013, WDW/YC; Spring Break 2014, WDW/AKL and Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; Summer 2014, WDW/WL

Jestocost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:56 PM   #6
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Actually it NEVER lets me check in no matter what computer or where I am...and I have never been targeted for extra screening. I travel to and from Orlando several times a year.

I have called, emailed, written and complained at the airport and they don't know what the problem is.

If I want to upgrade (pay) I call and they take care of that over the phone and then I check in at the airport.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:25 AM   #7
Topper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestocost View Post
The Rusty Scupper is everywhere.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:44 AM   #8
Alexander
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post
Actually it NEVER lets me check in no matter what computer or where I am...and I have never been targeted for extra screening. I travel to and from Orlando several times a year.

I have called, emailed, written and complained at the airport and they don't know what the problem is.

If I want to upgrade (pay) I call and they take care of that over the phone and then I check in at the airport.

Liz
Hmm, we've never had a problem before. Maybe when they are upgrading the computer systems or adding/changing/deleting flights....there is a problem.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:23 PM   #9
TPBChick
Mouseketeer

On Friday, I was not able to get a boarding pass for Airtran at the airline check-in desk at Beach Club. They said that Airtran was upgrading their system and that I needed to check in at the airport. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the problems that you were experiencing.
TPBChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:22 PM   #10
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
Hmm, we've never had a problem before. Maybe when they are upgrading the computer systems or adding/changing/deleting flights....there is a problem.
Naah I don't think that is it - I mean seriously EVERY time I have taken a flight they are upgrading/adding/changing/etc? I fly to Orlando several times a year (maybe even 4-5) When it first started I would try constantly during the 24 hours...now I try once or twice and then call it a day.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: