Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #46
battymum
DIS Veteran

Have a wonderful trip! Merry Christmas!
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #47
backinoz
Mouseketeer

Location: The Land of Oz... The one Downunder, not the one with the Yellow Brick Road

Day 3 in DL. Decided 2 sleep in after getting back from DL @ 1am last night. On Amtrak train to check out Hollywood 4 a half day. Retuning 2 DL in late afternoon 2 catch some shows, any rides with short waits & characters who r out & about.

Had a BLAST last night @ mad tea party - gr8 atmosphere & entertainment 4 adults and 'worldly wise' teenagers. No problems or offensive behavior - just not the right atmosphere for younger kids or those who may be a little naive. This was late in the night - around 8.45 thru to 10pm - the mad t-party band was very very good - just wish they played longer. Went over 2 DL when CA closed and there was Mickey AND Minnie together in their holiday gear - will try & upload some photos l8r - they've already been downloaded 2 my laptop so not with me right now.

Cars Land is incredible and RSR is a brilliant ride - we've done it twice getting FP 1st thing, then coming back and riding at night - 2 from 2 wins, and we've seen both 'sides' of the ride.

About to arrive at Union Station - pls post any questions & I'll do my best 2 answer. cheers :-)

Loving the DISBoards App on my iPhone :-D

DL, on to POFQ, then HRH @ Universal - Dec 2012 - Celebrating DD13 & DD15s Birthdays
Pre-Trip Report

ASMo Dec 2008 & Pop Dec 2008/Jan 2009 DLP Nov 2002 - all 4 of us - Paris in Winter is just magical, but COLD
. . . . . . . . . . .ASMo Nov/Dec 2001 with DH, DD2 & DD4
backinoz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #48
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinoz
Day 3 in DL. Decided 2 sleep in after getting back from DL @ 1am last night. On Amtrak train to check out Hollywood 4 a half day. Retuning 2 DL in late afternoon 2 catch some shows, any rides with short waits & characters who r out & about.

Had a BLAST last night @ mad tea party - gr8 atmosphere & entertainment 4 adults and 'worldly wise' teenagers. No problems or offensive behavior - just not the right atmosphere for younger kids or those who may be a little naive. This was late in the night - around 8.45 thru to 10pm - the mad t-party band was very very good - just wish they played longer. Went over 2 DL when CA closed and there was Mickey AND Minnie together in their holiday gear - will try & upload some photos l8r - they've already been downloaded 2 my laptop so not with me right now.

Cars Land is incredible and RSR is a brilliant ride - we've done it twice getting FP 1st thing, then coming back and riding at night - 2 from 2 wins, and we've seen both 'sides' of the ride.

About to arrive at Union Station - pls post any questions & I'll do my best 2 answer. cheers :-)

Loved the update backinoz. Enjoy Hollywood and can't wait for some photos.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:29 AM   #49
Minniemum
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting backinoz. Did you prefer one side of RSR to the other? What are the standby wait times like? How long do you have to wait with a FP?

Looking forward to seeing some photos and hearing more about your trip.

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ...still to come 9/15 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #50
backinoz
Mouseketeer

Location: The Land of Oz... The one Downunder, not the one with the Yellow Brick Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemum
Thanks for posting backinoz. Did you prefer one side of RSR to the other? What are the standby wait times like? How long do you have to wait with a FP?

Looking forward to seeing some photos and hearing more about your trip.
No preference for one side if the other - hint... Have your camera ready for when they 'unveil' your pimped up car & take a photo if the mirror. 1st night we had a bit over 30min wait (yes this was the FP line), 2nd time, about 15min. 1st night was a sat night & the ride had been down for 2 hours that afternoon.

DL, on to POFQ, then HRH @ Universal - Dec 2012 - Celebrating DD13 & DD15s Birthdays
Pre-Trip Report

ASMo Dec 2008 & Pop Dec 2008/Jan 2009 DLP Nov 2002 - all 4 of us - Paris in Winter is just magical, but COLD
Old 12-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #51
backinoz
Mouseketeer

Day 3 in WDW update & some observations from DL...

WDW Brown derby has MUCH better food & service than DL Carthay Circle. The main dining room in Carthay Curcle is more spectacular, but as we were seated in a room off to the side, then the decor was rather bland. Having said that, BOG trumps them both for food quality, service & theming. If you r going to WDW then u MUST go for dinner here if at all possible!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're heading to Victoria & Alberts tonight - will probably ruin me 4 all other restaurants, but I can't wait :-)

Time 2 go put on my fancy clothes now (while the family's napping).

Cheers :-)

P.S. POFQ is a beautiful resort & well worth a visit.

Pre-Trip Report

Old 12-18-2012, 01:56 AM   #52
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Sounds like your having a great time wonder if you will run into ms.shuttergirl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: