Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #1
heatherburks
Earning My Ears

Magicband & Regular FP

We got invited to do the magicband & FP+ test. We got our FP+ all registered but now it has me worried, can we still get regular FP with our magicbands or not? We park hop a lot so the FP+ will be awesome at one park but when we go to another later in the day I still want to get regular FP there. Is there a way to do this since I'm guessing we won't have a card?
heatherburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
lazer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherburks View Post
We got invited to do the magicband & FP+ test. We got our FP+ all registered but now it has me worried, can we still get regular FP with our magicbands or not? We park hop a lot so the FP+ will be awesome at one park but when we go to another later in the day I still want to get regular FP there. Is there a way to do this since I'm guessing we won't have a card?
They're still issuing cards for now. I'm assume it'll be that way until the full roll-out. So, basically I've read you can still use your card for fastpasses.
lazer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
heatherburks
Earning My Ears

Oh ok so they will still give us a normal card at check in, even though they are shipping us a magicband? I usually get like 7-8 FP a day, 3 just isn't enough especially since I can't make it split parks!
Old 08-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #4
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you double dip on FPs, be sure to mention in your feedback of the system that you didn't like the limits set on it. They should be using guest feedback to decide what the final system will look like and it seems many don't like the limits that may be in place. Disney should hear that 3 in only 1 park did not work for your party.
mom2mickeyfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #5
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh ok so they will still give us a normal card at check in, even though they are shipping us a magicband? I usually get like 7-8 FP a day, 3 just isn't enough especially since I can't make it split parks!
This is our family also. I counted how many FPs we got in MK this past June and we got a total of 9. Another big problem we have with the system is not being able to get more than 1 FP+ per ride for a day. My DS's favorite ride is Splash and we ended up getting 3 FPs for it this summer. 1 will be a big disappointment for us.
mom2mickeyfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #6
heatherburks
Earning My Ears

I definitely will! We visit 3 parks a day so this doesn't work. And agreed on the per ride. Our favorite is SM & TSM and it stinks to only get one because I like to ride those 2-3 times each time we go to the park. I didn't get any in Epcot because the only ride I really like is TT, but I would have gladly gotten 3 for there. It seems only fair that you would reserve 3 then get to reserve a new one once you use one just like the old system! That's what I was expecting when I signed up for MB then started freaking out because we get TONS of FP. They are what makes Disney so special to us.

I did call in just to double check & they said we got MB & cards so I'm relieved again. I definitely will be leaving feedback. I love the idea, but they need to let you split parks & definitely allow you to get new FP+ after you use all of yours!
Old 08-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #7
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post
If you double dip on FPs, be sure to mention in your feedback of the system that you didn't like the limits set on it. They should be using guest feedback to decide what the final system will look like and it seems many don't like the limits that may be in place. Disney should hear that 3 in only 1 park did not work for your party.
Totally agree with you on that feedback! FP+ can be a great addition but we need to be able to still get regular FP...

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
jsebsirois is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: