Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

CBR and pirate rooms

We are going on a 4 night cruise over Halloween and we are going to do 2-3 night prior at WDW just to do MNSSHP and hang out at the resort....maybe HDDR one night, wander DTD, go to the pool.

I chose CBR b/c my DS who is almost 3 is very into pirates right now...so I booked one of those rooms.

We have never stayed in a moderate resort. I stayed in Values prior to marrying my DH, so he has only stayed at AKL and Poly. Will we be OK with a moderate? How is the pool area. What about the other amenities. I thought since it is probably only 2 nights, it would be fine...

My other preference is BC since the pool is supposed to be great there.

Any thoughts?
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC, 11/15 YC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
mousejunkie98
DIS Veteran

We have always stayed deluxe as well, but tried CBR last June because our boys begged for a pirate room! We really enjoyed it, the resort is huge but very lush and beautiful. The pool is one of the best on property, with pirate theme, the slides, the zero entry and the pirate ship splash area. We could barely get our boys out of the pool!
mousejunkie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
disneymagicgirl

Sounds like it may be perfect for our short stay this time. Thanks for sharing!
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC, 11/15 YC
Old 01-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #4
mom2aandj
DIS Veteran

we've always stayed at the BC onsite, but we found the CBR pirate rooms very well done, my kids enjoyed them a lot. The pool is also very nice! The play area is really great for younger kids, I bet your DS will love it. I really enjoyed the stroll over to the pool, as pp said, the grounds are very lush. You see a lot of people complaining about the walk on this board, but I enjoyed it.
Mar 2014
BLT: Mar 2014
CBR: Oct. 2009
Universal
PBH: Oct. 2010
mom2aandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #5
Disny4girls
Mouseketeer

I can't wait for my stay at CBR! I love it that the pools don't close until midnight!!

I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD Again WDW All Star Movies August 2007 Disneyland 2008 Going back July 2011 to celebrate being CANCER FREE!!
Only a few rides the first time. But got TWO full autograph books. This time every ride we can get on!
Disny4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:48 AM   #6
MMrules
DIS Veteran

I went in 2009 with my 2 little pirates ages 2.9 and 4 ...they loved it!!! As a matter of fact last summer on a family trip to Canada they were asking if the hotel had pirate beds ...needless to say they were a little bit disappointed that all hotels don't offer such amentities!

I would advise you to take an umbrella stroller for the hotel if the little one gets tired of walking, but other than that the walk is fine. From the pirate themed rooms to the main pool area it is about an 8 minute walk with little ones in tow (and we had to stop along the way to look at ducks and birds). However, looking at all the great things through the little ones eyes makes you appreciate all the beauty of nature that us grown ups may overlook .

I agree with the PP that the pool area is wonderful for the little ones. While SAB is a fantastic pool, CBR's kiddie pool is better for parents in the fact that it is easier to relax and not have to be on high alert the entire time you are near the pool. There are pint sized slides and water fountains to play in...however, there is a huge bucket that fills up with water and then splashes on to the children. It was a bit scary for my 2.9 year old to start, but then he was fine with it after a few times.

The food court was decent with kids picks as well. As a cute little perk they give the meals in a pail with a shovel so the kids can play on the beach too.

I think you will be very pleased with the CBR!! Enjoy your trip!
MMrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #7
disneymagicgirl

Thanks for the overview! Sounds like the perfect place to spend a day at the pool. Guess we will save the extra $$ that bcv would've cost us an spend it on the cruise...spa treatment here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMrules View Post
I went in 2009 with my 2 little pirates ages 2.9 and 4 ...they loved it!!! As a matter of fact last summer on a family trip to Canada they were asking if the hotel had pirate beds ...needless to say they were a little bit disappointed that all hotels don't offer such amentities!

I would advise you to take an umbrella stroller for the hotel if the little one gets tired of walking, but other than that the walk is fine. From the pirate themed rooms to the main pool area it is about an 8 minute walk with little ones in tow (and we had to stop along the way to look at ducks and birds). However, looking at all the great things through the little ones eyes makes you appreciate all the beauty of nature that us grown ups may overlook .

I agree with the PP that the pool area is wonderful for the little ones. While SAB is a fantastic pool, CBR's kiddie pool is better for parents in the fact that it is easier to relax and not have to be on high alert the entire time you are near the pool. There are pint sized slides and water fountains to play in...however, there is a huge bucket that fills up with water and then splashes on to the children. It was a bit scary for my 2.9 year old to start, but then he was fine with it after a few times.

The food court was decent with kids picks as well. As a cute little perk they give the meals in a pail with a shovel so the kids can play on the beach too.

I think you will be very pleased with the CBR!! Enjoy your trip!
Old 01-25-2011, 11:12 PM   #8
msmith07101
DIS Veteran

CBR is one of my favorite resorts for the pool area alone...love the pirate theming...super pool. Pirate rooms are great too...just a little far away...I really felt almost isolated from everything else.
'94 Port Orleans French Qtr/'95 Caribbean Beach Resort/'97 Coronado Springs/'01 All Star Music/'02 Sandals Royal Caribbean Jamaica/'05 CBR/'07 Disneyland & California Adventure- offsite/'08 Beaches Boscobel Jamaica/May 23,09 Disney Magic
December 2009 WDW CBR & Universal RPR
June 2010 Venice & Rome Italy
December 2010 Pop Century...to see my son & his HS marching band perform at WDW & US Macy's Parade!!
November 2012 Pop Century
November 2013- NYC- Macys Parade HS Band Trip

msmith07101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: