Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #31
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenevieveRaqs View Post
MSEP is magical--you and your family will love it! I don't bother with the afternoon parades, but the nighttime parade is worth staking out a spot for!

Also, I saw that you may be at CRT during Wishes. It's a different experience than watching it from outside, but DH and I really enjoyed seeing Wishes from inside the Castle! We had planned to make a quick exit, but our server encouraged us to stay. We were so glad we did! Our table was right by the window overlooking Fantasyland. It felt like a private show just for us. Everyone should see the fireworks from outside--as they were designed to be seen--at some point. But I highly recommend seeing them at CRT, too!
Our TA (who is a friend) basically said the same thing. She said it's magical because the fireworks are "right there". Our ADR is at 6:40 and Wishes is at 8:00, so I think it will be easy to stick around that long.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #32
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieMandy View Post
YES! The parade is amazing! I will warn you though, it will ruin all other parades for you It is wonderful, and seeing the excitement on your kids' faces will be worth the crowds. My kids were 5 and 7 when we went this year and I was worried about it being late, but they were fine and fascinated by it all. Try to plan it on a night when you don't have to be up early for anything the next day.
It sounds like the consensus is that it's worth it. The night we're considering it will be our last night there and all we have planned the next day is a late breakfast at Chef Mickey's and starting the long drive home.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #33
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenevieveRaqs View Post
Also, I saw that you may be at CRT during Wishes. It's a different experience than watching it from outside, but DH and I really enjoyed seeing Wishes from inside the Castle! We had planned to make a quick exit, but our server encouraged us to stay. We were so glad we did! Our table was right by the window overlooking Fantasyland.
You can't see the "foreground" fireworks from inside the castle.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #34
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

I'll be a dissenting opinion. I really don't like the MSEP. LOVE Spectro (I will be THRILLED if/when it comes back) but just can't enjoy MSEP.

If it was running most nights of your trip and you have never seen it, I would say go for it. But in the winter when it only runs 1 or 2 nights a week, it causes utter gridlock in the MK and is just not worth the crowds and hassle.

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:37 PM   #35
HMfan82
Earning My Ears

We caught one of the 2nd parades one night since we happen to grab a good spot in Frontierland to see it and ended up ejoying it. It was worth seeing once.

SSR - 8/2010, Off-site - 2/2011, CBR - 2/2012, POP - 9/2012, POR - 11/2012, AKL - 1/2013
HMfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:55 AM   #36
Fiveisaparty
Mouseketeer

I had the same problem when scheduling our trip, but I know we will enjoy the parade and it will be worth it. Also the time of year you are going is not going to be very crowded at all so even it is not a preferred day it still won't be that crowded.

Fiveisaparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:59 AM   #37
gjl
Mouseketeer

Absolutely go!
gjl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: