Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #1
VAfamily1998
DIS Veteran

Goody bags for kids for the trip

I have 4 little boys ages 9, 7, 5, and 3. I was thinking of making up little "goody bags" for them prior to the trip, with things they can use at the park, or on our travels to the parks (we're driving from Virginia to Florida).

I'm thinking of including:
--A set of the classic black mouse ears--I see you can buy them personalized from the disneystore online
--An autograph book and pen
--a disposable camera so they can take their own pictures
--I was thinking of including a few snacks--I know that there are fruit snacks in the shapes of some of the characters, does anyone know of any other snack foods that come in "Disney" that I can buy at just regular grocery stores?
--a gift card so they can buy their own souveniers at the park (we have a pre-set amount that we give each child for souveniers, otherwise, it gets out of control!)

Has anyone else done little gift bags for your kids like this, and what did you include? When did you give it to your child? On the journey to the parks? When you arrived at your hotel room?
Was there anything you did/included that in hindsight was NOT a good idea?

Thanks for any help/ideas!
VAfamily1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:52 AM   #2
james'mommy
I've always been a green stripe kinda girl
I love you Sweatpea

The first trip we took I bought DS little treats for each day. A small Stitch stuffed animal, pencils, stickers and such. It didn't work. He still wanted to buy stuff everywhere we went. And since he is an indulged only child of course he got tons of stuff.
james'mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2009, 01:27 PM   #3
2DisPrincesses
DIS Veteran

We are flying, but I am doing the same with my daughter. I am going to give it to her on the plane in an effort to keep her entertained. As far as disney food items I have seem Cars raisins and Cars Grahm Crackers (like Teddy Grahms) at WalMart and Target. You can get the Tummy Ticklers too that have Disney characters on the spout and they are great to refill and have in the parks. I am also putting in a mini Etch-a-sketch and mini magnadoodle. Michael's also has a ton of Disney stuff in thier dollar section if you want to include paper, crayons, etc for the drive down.

2DisPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:52 PM   #4
momimouse27
Just a Big Kid!

We have always driven-never flown. When I starting taking my kids at a very young age, I always made them a "goody bag" and it's something they began to expect, so it became a sort of tradition.

With my two girls it was easy, disney pencils and pens, stickers and clothes for their barbies plus disney themed candy.

Now that my son is small I do similar things. His goody bag usually consists of some sort of Disney coloring book and a new box of crayons(right now he loves Wall-E) some sort of Disney stickers, a Birnbaum's for kids so he can read about the rides he loves, an autograph book, sometimes I put a Disney Tshirt I got on sale at our local Disney store and some Disney gummies-he likes the Toy Story ones.

Making the goody bags are so much fun! Have a great time on your vacation
momimouse27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:22 AM   #5
mickimousemama
Mouseketeer

For Easter we drove from MN to TN a 16 hour drive my kids were 11, 6 and 4 we decided to make the trip as fun as possible I printed out treasure maps for each of the kids listing a few of the big cities I knew we'd travel through, I put them in plastic bottles (from Michael's) and at each of those spots they were given a prize from the "treasure chest" I had gotten things like I spy Pirates of the Caribean books (from Michael's I think they were 4/$2) I made them each a booty bag, that was just a drawstring back pack and to start off they had journals I bought from the dollar store and printed out pictures of pirates and then laminated them to the journals with clear tape. I bought those wooden dolls that you color also at Michael's I think there were 3 of them in the package for $2 and some foam pirate crafts too. I also gave them each a folder with some coloring pages printed out and crayons for the trip. and my oldest got Pirate Madlibs that we did while we drove. I also burned a CD of pirate music

Here are a few pictures of their "booty" after our trip

The Journals

The Loot Bags

Pirates of the Caravan

Yes we went ALL out and even my 87 year old grandma who rode with the kids and I had a blast playing the part
Old 10-21-2009, 12:22 AM   #6
QVCshopper
DIS Veteran

Kellogs fruit snacks come in Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Nemo, and Cars among others. Target usually has the best price.

"Halloween Mickey" came to our room every night with treats for the kids. But they still wanted stuff at the stores. They each got one larger gift of $20 or less.
QVCshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:36 AM   #7
Cedarmom
Mouseketeer

We are flying, so a bit different, but I'm making both of my boys a goody backpack. Not so much with the Disney theming, but I bought them both a new backpack at Target on clearance ($3). It will have their autograph books and a sharpie in it, a new box of crayons, a math workbook, journaling pages for the 1st grader, sharpened pencils/pencil bag/sharpener, some snacks, a new (empty) water bottle, and (cue excited squealing here) Bendaroos. They have both coveted these things for over a year. I thought they'd be fun on the plane, so I'm buying a box to split b/w them. I also have some Pokemon cards stuck away that I'll probably throw in there. I'm also eyeing cheap digital cameras and thinking about one of those for each of them. That would be part of their Christmas, though. Oh, and about a million glow bracelets each. Gotta love Target's dollar spot!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:39 AM   #8
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

Some of the restaurants provide goodie bags for 5 dollars.

*May 2015-Grand Floridian and Beach Club * November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son : My daughter
robinbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #9
mom2meiko
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbutterfly View Post
Some of the restaurants provide goodie bags for 5 dollars.
??? explain please????

2010 - Saratoga Springs/Bay Lake Towers (Oct)
2010 - AKL - Kidani Village (Jan)
2008, 2005 - Villas @ Wilderness Lodge
2006 - Old Key West
2004 - Grand Floridian
2002 - Wilderness Lodge/Disney Wonder
2000, 1998, 1988 - Off-site
1996 - Disneyland
1979 - Fort Wilderness
mom2meiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:24 PM   #10
Perditamarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2meiko View Post
??? explain please????

I believe pp is referring to this:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/cel...lueng:birthday

Other ideas for goodie bags:

* goggles for pool

* jibbitz if you croc

* mini m&m tube filled with sets of 2 quarters and 1 penny for the penny press machines

* go to the Creative DISign board here and make some Epcot Passports..they are really nice!

* a blank potato head with an IOU for parts...then cram a box full in MK or DTD. It is fun to see how many parts you can stuff in a box and you will have tons more room if you byo potato! Also, this is great for kiddos to play with on the way home, which is the biggest bummer part of the trip!

* pins/lanyard for pin trading

I always smuggled the baskets of goodies or daily Tinkerbell surprises ( a lot more work to coordinate this every day for multiple kids on the sly!) in our luggage and then left them out on the sly....the kids were so enveloped in wonder that Mickey would leave them such surprises, it totally started off the trip with a big gob of pixie dust!

I also agree w/pp.....they will still want to buy stuff, and keep in mind just about every ride exits via a gift shop, so have a plan for that!

Happy planning and have a great trip.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #11
poohfriend77
DIS Veteran

How about sunglasses? Disney tattoos, glow bracelets, stickers, lollipops, t-shirts, journal/diary...

Tink also left our DDs binoculars the night before we went to AK last time. I got them super-cheap (I think $3.99) at CVS, but they were nice Vivitar ones, not toy ones. The girls loved using them on the safari, and wore them around their necks for the rest of the day. Several people asked where I bought them. Maybe Disney sells binoculars in the gift shops, but I can guarantee they would be more than $3.99!
poohfriend77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:49 AM   #12
phins_jazy
You might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun. Don't worry about it.

I'm making up goodie bags for my kiddos too. I'll be hitting up the dollar store soon to start on them. I'm thinking color books, crayons, stickers, little figures, pipe cleaners and maybe the new tinkerbell movie for them to watch on the plane.

phins_jazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: