Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 01:55 AM   #16
Ashlotte
Mommy to Ash & Lotte

Well, he ended up talking me into it and we got this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...o02_s00_i00for his Christmas present. He does exercise now and that's why he wants it. He says all he does at the gym is the exercise bike anyway and he could save the travel and extra showering time by doing it at home. I definitely want him to be healthy and exercise, but I also want to make sure we aren't wasting our family's resources. As long as he uses it, I'm okay with it (especially if it ends up being cheaper than the gym in the long run). He is planning on setting it up in the garage and putting a tv out there, so hopefully that will retain his interest.

WDW- Aug 1988, May 2001 (AS Music), May 2009 (BWV), Aug 2014 (SSR & OKW)

DL-
Sep 1999 (honeymoon), Jan 2007 (1st time with kids! ), Feb 2008, Feb 2010, Mar 2011, Sep 2012, Aug 2013
DCL- Magic Western Cruise May 2, 2009 Dream August, 2014
Aulani, February 2015
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:56 AM   #17
niffer5150
Mouseketeer

I have a treadmill my sister used as a clothes hanger for eons. I use it almost everyday. i'm down 30 pounds and fit into my "wishfull thinking" jeans. it's infront of a tv and I mounted a board arcoss it so I can set my laptop on it and surf the web. it's easy to burn 700 calories without noticing if you just plod along and get lost on youtube for awhile.
niffer5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2012, 04:57 AM   #18
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSock View Post
I had an older one that worked perfectly fine and I couldn't hardly give it away. I tried selling it at a yard sale for $10. two different yard sales. I eventually put it by the road with a "free" sign on it. Somebody finally took it.
This is exactly what my neighbor did with theirs. She put it in two garage sales asking $25.00 for it the first time and $10.00 for it the second time. After not getting any offers for it, she finally put it out by our mailboxes with a "Free" sign on it and someone picked it up. I've got one that's just taking up space in my garage. I don't really want to get rid of it though, because I keep thinking I'm going to use it one of these days. I picked mine up at a garage sale for $10.00.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #19
Kathryn Merteuil
Barden Bella

We have one in our garage, I got it at Goodwill for like $10. It has been sitting there for about 4 years or so. I have used it a couple times, and I always intend to drag it out and start using it again. We also have a treadmill in the guest room. I have actually used it a little bit more, but I havent used it in a few months. I keep intending to get back on there. At least I know it is there if/when the mood hits me to get back to exercising.
Kathryn Merteuil is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: