Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 12:20 AM   #1
krismanda
Mouseketeer

Just got back...dining reviews for families w/small kids

Just got back from a wonderful visit! We are a family of four: 2 adults, 1 5 year old and one 9 month old. Since this was my dd's 5th birthday present, most of our plans were made with her in mind.

Table Service meals:

Tusker House Breakfast - I loved this! The restaurant theming is cute, it was fun to be able to see the characters without having to wait in line and the food was good (its hard to mess up breakfast?!?) My daughter loved it and even ds was entranced by the characters. Mickey, Donald, Daisy and Goofy were making their rounds the day we ate here.

Hoop De Doo Review - My husband and daughter loved this place. They are both into corny jokes tho. lol The food was decent (fried chicken, ribs, and a host of sides...really yummy cornbread) but the show started out really slow, imo. It got better at the end tho.

O'Hanas - I was worried about O'Hanas because of the mixed reviews on the Dis, but we had a great experience. I wouldn't say the food was the best I've ever had, but it was hot, served quickly and was pretty tasty. The bread pudding was delicious. What I did love was all the fun stuff they did for the kids. My daughter enjoyed the coconut race and the parade. I would definitely do this one again.

Akershus - The atmosphere was great at Akershus and the staff was wonderful. My daughter did not like the food at all. She basically ate lunch off the cold appetizer bar (which was all really yummy). I had the mushroom ravioli which was pretty decent. My only beef about this place was that we also did breakfast at CRT (which I would rate slightly higher than Akershus) and it was the exact same four princesses. I don't understand why some different ones couldn't have been used? We would have loved to have seen Rapunzel, Tiana or Merida. If I had known it was the exact same four as CRT I would have saved my money.

TRex - Pretty much what we expected food wise...edible, but overpriced just like RFC. The theming was really cool though and my daughter loved it. Definitely a "for the atmosphere" place only. If we'd been smart we would have eaten elsewhere and just had appetizers.

Le Cellier - Probably the "best" meal we had in terms of the food. It was nice to enjoy a quieter atmosphere and the food was really good. We all had the steak and were happy with it. The pretzel bread was yummy! Very friendly staff and my daughter loved the chocolate "moose" dessert.

Cinderella's Royal Table - Obviously you can't beat the atmosphere. We loved the pictures they took of dd with Cinderella. The inside is really nicely themed and the food was good (again, hard to mess up breakfast!). We celebrated dd's birthday here and ordered the princess birthday package with the Cinderella cake. The cake was gorgeous (but not that tasty) and my dd loved the fuss they made over her. It was definitely a trip highlight. If I was choosing between CRT and Akershus I would choose CRT personally.

Quickservice - Wasn't overly impressed with the quick service options as a whole.

Magic Kindgom: Casey's - decent...hard to mess up a hot dog. lol Very slow service though considering they weren't making anything gourmet back there tho!

Hollywood Studios: Starring Rolls - not much of a selection here (turkey and ham sandwiches...I think a pb option for kids) but the sandwiches were tasty.

Animal Kingdom: Yak and Yeti - Yuck! I was really disappointed here after all the good reviews I read. It smelled delicious but was probably the worst chinese food I've ever had. We had the chicken fried rice and the honey chicken. The honey chicken was particularly disgusting as was the lo mein noodles it was served with.

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons - everything we ordered here was gross. Dd had the chicken leg kids meal. It was either overcooked or had sat too long under the heat light because it was so hard she couldn't bite through it. I had cashew chicken and it was lukewarm and not tasty. I picked out all the cashews and ate those. Dh had the pork chops which were probably the best of what we ordered but still very "meh".

Cosmic Rays - Hamburgers were gross, but the kids chicken nuggets were decent. This place was so busy, but seemed very efficient at handling the crowds.

Resort dining - we ate quickservice at Pepper Market twice. It was decent both times. Very slow service at the Mexican food station, but it also seemed to be the only station making "fresh" food. I ate the chicken fajitas and they were tasty. Dh had chicken one night and steak fajitas one night with no complaints. Kids meals were pretty typical.

Downtown Disney - Wolfgang Puck Express...tasty! Dh had the meatloaf which was different and very good. I had the turkey cobb salad and enjoyed it. I wish I had seen the pizza before I ordered though, it looked delicious. I was tempted to go back and order one. lol
krismanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
Disneymadhouse
DIS Veteran

Thankyou for your review

We are having lunch at CRT for my DD's 4th birthday, and are thinking of getting the her royal highness package. I was just wondering if you have any photos that you wouldn't mind sharing? ( I have seen the Disneyblog pics, but would love to see some "proper" photos please)
What princess cake did you order and how was it all done - ie was it all set up on the table when you sat down?

Thanks so much

Disneymadhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
krismanda
Mouseketeer

I do have some pics on one of the photo cards somewhere. I will look for them this afternoon and send you a couple. I was really impressed with the package. When we got there everything was on the table but the cake. My daughter's eyes really lit up when she realized that she had a "special" table (there were no others with that package at the time we dined, so it really stood out). It was funny because she asked...is this for me?!? Like she couldn't believe it. lol The cake they brought out later and it was really beautiful. We ordered the Cinderella cake because Rapunzel was not available. I have to say the cake did not taste good at all, but it was lovely and my daughter was so excited about it.
krismanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
Disneymadhouse
DIS Veteran

Great thankyou! Will look foward to some photos when you get chance to sort them out
I think we will likely get the Cinderella cake as DD will be wearing a Cinderella dress. ( Cinderella will be sending a dress for DD with an invite for lunch at the castle )
Thats really cute about your DD asking if it was for her!

Claire

Disneymadhouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: