Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #1
linco711
DIS Veteran

Port Canaveral Transportation Question?

There are two of us leaving from Disney's Old Key West resort on a 7 night fantasy. We are trying decide if it is more economical to drive and park at the port, or just take the Disney bus?

Can anyone tell me what the cost difference would be?

Thanks in advance for your help..
linco711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

DCL bus = $35 per person each way. So round trip for 2 = $140.

Parking at port = $15 per day. For a 7 NIGHT cruise, this is 8 days, so is $120. To that, add gas, tolls, and the price of the car. I think you'll come out ahead on the bus.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
linco711
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
DCL bus = $35 per person each way. So round trip for 2 = $140.

Parking at port = $15 per day. For a 7 NIGHT cruise, this is 8 days, so is $120. To that, add gas, tolls, and the price of the car. I think you'll come out ahead on the bus.
We have our own car, so that would not be a cost factor. We were just trying to avoid the parking fees. Do you think it is more convenient to take the bus? Are there any advantages to taking the bus vs driving?
Old 06-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Currently there are private parking facilities like Park and Cruise where you can park for $6 per day. This facility is fenced and provides a complimentary shuttle to the terminal. However if you are even thinking of using them, I'd make a reservation ASAP (on line). The Port Authority just slapped them with big fees for each run they make into the terminal, thus they will probably have to raise fees. Lock in today's rates. Also, tolls are scheduled to go up soon.

However, with your own vehicle....it will be cheaper to park off site at the port and drive than to do the bus.

On the other hand, the bus is very convenient, even though it gets you to the port rather late (1:45 ish)
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
linco711
DIS Veteran

Can anyone supply me with a link to park and cruise that you have used before and are happy with?:good vibes

Thanks
Old 06-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #6
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linco711 View Post
We have our own car, so that would not be a cost factor. We were just trying to avoid the parking fees. Do you think it is more convenient to take the bus? Are there any advantages to taking the bus vs driving?
Quote:
Originally Posted by linco711 View Post
Can anyone supply me with a link to park and cruise that you have used before and are happy with?:good vibes

Thanks
http://parkcruise.com/

The other thing to consider if you take the DCL bus from the resort where do you plan on leaving your car while on the cruise? There's a chance the resort will not let you leave your car there while you are cruising.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #7
linco711
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
http://parkcruise.com/

The other thing to consider if you take the DCL bus from the resort where do you plan on leaving your car while on the cruise? There's a chance the resort will not let you leave your car there while you are cruising.
We are staying at Disney's Old Key West Resort, so don't think there would be a problem...but we have pretty much decided to drive ourselves. Don't like getting to the ship so late and it would be faster for us to leave from port Canaveral after the cruise...Thank you for the link...not sure if we will park at the port or parkncruise...but I booked parkncruise just in case. We used parkncruise last year once, it worked well. Just not real sure about leaving our car outside for 7 days again...we will just have to give it more thought...

Thanks everyone for all your help and opinions..
Old 06-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #8
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

You can not leave your car at the Disney resort. We asked a few months ago and were told a flat no.
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #9
linco711
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznLexi View Post
You can not leave your car at the Disney resort. We asked a few months ago and were told a flat no.
Interesting..thanks for the info...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: