The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2014, 12:26 PM   #1096
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudygirl1 View Post
Totally- New to this thread- but so Happy I found it! We arrive next week, May 3rd. Just trying to get last minute things together. This may sound like a silly question. But what kind of coffee makers are in the Villas?? Do I need Filters? Any other helpful suggestions as to what we should bring? We are flying, so I don't have that much wiggle room!!! Thanks
Yup, standard filter coffee makers. There will be a couple of complimentary packs of Starbucks coffee in the unit; the ones with the grounds in a filter packet. We bought a 400 pack of paper filters at Publix about 5 years ago, and since we only use them at Vistana we have about 300 left. I just throw a handful in my suitcase each trip. They will have coffee and filters available in the Marketplace as well.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th

bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:15 PM   #1097
Rudygirl1
Earning My Ears

Smile

Thanks so much!!!
Rudygirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2014, 03:25 PM   #1098
michmax
Earning My Ears

cribs

We will be staying at SVR in June with a 1 year old and two teens. I'm wondering if anyone knows what type of cribs the resort has - mini cribs, full size cribs or the metal "institutional" type cribs. Would like to find out ahead of time to determine if I should rent a crib from a local rental company, or if the resort offerings will work.
michmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:06 PM   #1099
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmax View Post
We will be staying at SVR in June with a 1 year old and two teens. I'm wondering if anyone knows what type of cribs the resort has - mini cribs, full size cribs or the metal "institutional" type cribs. Would like to find out ahead of time to determine if I should rent a crib from a local rental company, or if the resort offerings will work.
That's a tough one, and I doubt that you'll get an answer here. If no one chimes in, give the resort a call at 407 239 3100 and talk to guest services. They should be able to help you out with your question.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:40 PM   #1100
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmax View Post
When we used theirs back in 2010, they were the white 'institutional' ones. I didn't like them, and so I brought my own from home 2 years ago. Not sure if they have changed, but if you give them a call, I'm sure they can answer you. Enjoy!!!

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:47 AM   #1101
momtosam
Oh, Schmootsie-poo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
We received our HOA spring newsletter for the Vistana Resort today, and there were a couple of updates worth noting here.

Copied and pasted from the newsletter:

• Upon check-in to the resort, you will now receive towel cards for each
occupant in your villa. The program lets you exchange your card for a
towel during distribution hours at the Main Activity Center along with the
Fountains, Spas and Cascades pool areas.

• Effective March 1, 2014, there is a new package handling procedure that
includes a small fee for all parcels received. Please call 407 239 3100
for assistance.
I was just coming on to ask about towels. Thanks!
Old 05-08-2014, 12:53 PM   #1102
michmax
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
That's a tough one, and I doubt that you'll get an answer here. If no one chimes in, give the resort a call at 407 239 3100 and talk to guest services. They should be able to help you out with your question.
Thank you. I called, and it is the metal cribs with a "3 inch vinyl covered mattress". Now to see if more economical to rent a crib or just buy a mattress at walmart when we fly in and donate it when we leave... I don't mind the frame, but the cheap mattress will make for a cranky baby and a miserable vacation!
michmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 02:35 PM   #1103
kat3668
Mouseketeer
Driving me nuts is a short trip!
The TF wishes you a Happy Birthday even if you do run like a duck!

Hi all was wondering if anyone has stayed in building 13 and has any pictures they can share... Thanks!
kat3668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:37 PM   #1104
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat3668 View Post
Hi all was wondering if anyone has stayed in building 13 and has any pictures they can share... Thanks!
We'll need a bit more information. 5 of the 7 sections at Vistana have a building 13. But for lots of recent pics of the resort, check out this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3148502 The finish in all sections is fairly similar, so most interiors look very similar regardless of section. Most of the building 13's are well situated; Springs 13 fronts on SR-535 but there is enough buffer space that it shouldn't be bothersome.

Old 06-21-2014, 06:39 PM   #1105
kat3668
Mouseketeer
Driving me nuts is a short trip!
The TF wishes you a Happy Birthday even if you do run like a duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
We'll need a bit more information. 5 of the 7 sections at Vistana have a building 13. But for lots of recent pics of the resort, check out this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3148502 The finish in all sections is fairly similar, so most interiors look very similar regardless of section. Most of the building 13's are well situated; Springs 13 fronts on SR-535 but there is enough buffer space that it shouldn't be bothersome.
Hi Bankr... I stayed in buillding 1 and 3 in Cascades in May and fell in love with the resort Bought a resale in Cascades building 13 and trying to get and idea of where it is.. Thanks!
kat3668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:09 PM   #1106
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat3668 View Post
Hi Bankr... I stayed in buillding 1 and 3 in Cascades in May and fell in love with the resort Bought a resale in Cascades building 13 and trying to get and idea of where it is.. Thanks!
Cascades 13 is nicely situated on Springs Village Circle, almost smack in the middle of the South side of the resort. That means low traffic, but easy walking to all the amenities. C13 is a Saturday check in. Check the link in my PP, there is a link to the resort map right near the front.

My SIL and her 2 boys stayed in a 1BR in C13 about 4 years ago now, we were across the street in a Springs 2BR. It was a very nice unit, and well equipped even for the smallest 1BR. I'm sure you'll enjoy "coming home" to Vistana year after year. If you've stayed in a Cascades villa already, the villas in 13 will be pretty much identical.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:42 AM   #1107
smashley
Earning My Ears

Can anyone tell me why the Dreams Unlimited codes are showing up higher than what they say they'll be on the website? We would like to stay Oct 13-20 and according to the DU no housekeeping rate it would be $119 and it's showing up $171. Same with the standard rate, supposedly would be $139 and showing up $188.

WDW October 13-20!
smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:55 AM   #1108
FrankieDplus3
Can't wait to go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashley View Post
Can anyone tell me why the Dreams Unlimited codes are showing up higher than what they say they'll be on the website? We would like to stay Oct 13-20 and according to the DU no housekeeping rate it would be $119 and it's showing up $171. Same with the standard rate, supposedly would be $139 and showing up $188.
I tried it myself and I am seeing the same thing you are. My recommendation is to send an email directly to Dreams Unlimited Travel and one of their agents will get back to you right away.
I had to ask a question once, through their Contact Us link and they were very quick to respond.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
FrankieDplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:42 AM   #1109
Meech Loves Mickey
Mouseketeer

Shuttles

Hi,
I called the Vistana last night to ask about shuttles to WDW and Universal and was told that the cost for shuttles is $15 per day per person to WDW and $9 per day per person to Universal.

Is this accurate??

Are there any other options besides renting a car?

(We do not want to rent a car, both DH and I hate driving and get lost easily. We prefer to have someone else do the driving on vacay.)

Thanks!

~ May 2014 WDW Bay Lake Tower ~ Feb 2014 Disneyland Resort (Solo Trip!) ~ May 2013 WDW Bay Lake Tower ~ Dec 2012 Disneyland & Disney California Adventure ~ May 2012 WDW Bay Lake Tower ~ Oct 2011 WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge & Dream Cruise ~ May 2011 WDW Swan ~ Dec 2010 WDW Coronado Springs ~ Sept 2009 WDW Port Orleans French Quarter ~ Oct 2008 WDW Hilton at Downtown Disney ~ Nov 2005 Disneyland ~ May 2002 WDW Off Property ~ March 2001 WDW Off Property
Meech Loves Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: