Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
disney fan 1994
Mouseketeer

moving from one resort to another

I'm sure this was posted before so I apoligize, but we found chaeper plane tickets if we go the day before. Here is the question how do you move from resort to another. Do you take your things on a bus and travel to (downtown disney) and hop a bus to your resort?
Old 02-25-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
POLYFAN4LIFE
I'm only slightly addicted

Your resort will send your bags to your final destination for you (kind of like Magical Express) just set it up with them at check-in. Getting to your final destination is as easy as hopping on the bus that takes you to the closest park or DTD & then getting on the bus, or monorail, that takes you to there. That exact same thing happened to us last year. We stayed one night at POP & finished up at Poly. Took bus to MK then monorail to Poly. Bags were brought to our room when they arrived from POP.

1989 offsite..Honeymoon, 1994 Dixie Landings, 1996 CBR, 2001 CBR, 2006 CBR, 2007 BWI, 2009 POLY, 2010 POLY, 2011 POLY

POLYFAN4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2011, 10:34 PM   #3
purple figment
DIS Veteran

The simplest way is to have bell services at your first resort transfer your things to the second resort. In the meantime you can go to a park and then head over to your new resort to check in whenever it's convenient for you. Your luggage will be delivered to bell services sometime during the day - usually late afternoon. Once you've checked in you can call bell services to deliver your things.

Another option is to take a taxi with all of your luggage to your new resort. This way you'll have your luggage with you. If your room isn't ready you can leave it with bell services and go to a park.

You cannot take large amounts of luggage with you on the buses that go to the parks.

Last edited by purple figment; 02-25-2011 at 10:41 PM. Reason: add'l info
purple figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:26 PM   #4
DemoBri1
Surfin' at the Beach Club Villas

If you are transferring from one Disney resort to another I'd use Bell Services to transfer your luggage. We've had this done on the last four trips we have taken and had no issues whatsoever. This way you don't have to be worried about hauling your luggage around during the day.

Just remember that your luggage will not be promised to you until after 3:00 that day which shouldn't be an issue seeing that most check-in times aren't until 3:00 or 4:00 anyway.

DemoBri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
Sue M
DIS Veteran

As mentioned, you can have Bell Services transfer your luggage for you free of charge (except for tips). Disney doesn't allow luggage on the resort or Park busses.
Or, you can take a cab. I take a cab, with my luggage first thing in the morning, and store it with Bell Service if room isn't ready. I like having my luggage already at my resort. Many times our room has been ready- we go in low seasons. Many of the taxis are vans, so no prob. fitting in luggage.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #6
TeresaNJ

Knows the tricks to get the Tag Fairies' attention! Likes all pretty colors Gets teary when she hears Garth sing "The Dance"

We've done this many times with never a problem. It's an exceptional Disney resort perk, in my opinion!

Sisters, Sisters...December 2012 TR...BWV & VWL
TeresaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:16 PM   #7
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney fan 1994 View Post
I'm sure this was posted before so I apoligize, but we found chaeper plane tickets if we go the day before. Here is the question how do you move from resort to another. Do you take your things on a bus and travel to (downtown disney) and hop a bus to your resort?
When we moved between resorts, we took our luggage to Bell Services and they called a Taxi for us, they were loaded for us and off we went. We prefer to keep our luggage with us in case we need something. The other resort held them for us as went out for part of the day. They then brought them to or room.Have a great trip!
Old 02-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #8
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney fan 1994 View Post
Actually, they told me that you're not allowed to get on a Disney bus with your luggage (except DME, of course). So I just leave my luggage at Bell Services, head off to the park, and at the end of the day, get on the bus for the new resort. The only time I took my luggage with me was going from BWV to BCV when I rolled my suitcase accross the Boardwalk. I got a few strange looks on that one!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:23 PM   #9
VLee
DIS Veteran

We've done it both ways: having the resorts transfer luggage and taking luggage over ourselves by taxi. I actually prefer the taxi....sometimes the resort transfer took ALL day long--like 5 to 6 pm. You can store your luggage at bell services and even have access to it during the day if you need anything out like swimsuits. And this works better if you are transferring cold foods from one resort's fridge to another. They will place those items in cold storage.

And if we happen to be on the dining plan at the second resort, I like to get to that resort first thing in the morning to check in so that our dining credits will begin immediately....even if we can't get into the room that early.
BWV - Boardwalk View - 10/2007 - Family Reunion!
OKW - Labor Day 2007 - Pirate & Princess Party
BWV/Beach Club -- 05/2007 -- The kids and Me!
VWL -- Christmas 2006 -Mom and Me!
AS Movies 09/2006 - Jen & Kids - Brant's 4th BD!
Beach Club Villa 05/2006 - Brant and Me
Wilderness Cabins/Old Key West 01/2006-Hollye's 6th!
Polynesian Resort / Beach Club Villa 9/2005-Jen & Kids
Pop Century/ Old Key West 05/2005 - The kids & Me
AS Movies/WL Villa/ PO French Qtr 10/2004-Halloween
Pop Century/Port Orleans FQ 05/2004 - Hollye and Me
BoardWalk Villa/WL Villa 12/2003 - First Christmas!
Polynesian Resort 05/2003 -- First Trip!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:15 AM   #10
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLee View Post
We've done it both ways: having the resorts transfer luggage and taking luggage over ourselves by taxi. I actually prefer the taxi....sometimes the resort transfer took ALL day long--like 5 to 6 pm. You can store your luggage at bell services and even have access to it during the day if you need anything out like swimsuits. And this works better if you are transferring cold foods from one resort's fridge to another. They will place those items in cold storage.

And if we happen to be on the dining plan at the second resort, I like to get to that resort first thing in the morning to check in so that our dining credits will begin immediately....even if we can't get into the room that early.
Glad I found this thread! This is the answer to the question I've been wondering about. We are moving from POR to CSR on May 27th. We have breakfast at Akershus at 9:45 AM. So, in order to get my dining entitlements and park tickets, I will have to check in at CSR? That's what the hubby and I talked about. He said he would go over first thing in the morning to check in. Now, is it a problem if the reservations are split with one room under my name and one room under his? I am really hoping to avoid going with him!

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Blackbeltdisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:41 AM   #11
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

I think as long as he is a guest in the room that is okay, unless you have 2 room reservations at CSR. In that case just call customer service to make sure he is added somehow the other reservation to check in.

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:02 PM   #12
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson96 View Post
I think as long as he is a guest in the room that is okay, unless you have 2 room reservations at CSR. In that case just call customer service to make sure he is added somehow the other reservation to check in.
Thanx! That's what I thought! I will put it on my list of things to ask about when I call next. We do have two rooms, and I can't remember if he is on both or not. I know they linked us together so our rooms would be adjoining, but I will make sure. Thanx again!

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Blackbeltdisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:10 PM   #13
sandymandr
DIS Veteran

Every time I have been with my sis or friend (a lot ), I always put both names on the reservation so if they arrive in Orlando before me, they can check-in. It has never been a problem.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:59 PM   #14
disney fan 1994
Mouseketeer

Wow thanks for all the replies. Everyone gave me lots of great info. The first night we do not have the meal plan but the the next we do and I would have never thought about checking in for our credits to start. Also I guess that is why I have never seen anyone on the bus with luggage. Once again thank you everyone for all the great tips.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #15
Princess Sleepy
DIS Veteran

I am confused about the meal plan and park tickets when you move resorts. If you move, do you start all over with your meal plan and tickets? Can you buy a 7-day package @ resort #1, move to resort #2 after 4 days and keep the same ticket or is it considered two separate reservations?

Feb 2009: Poly Jan 2010: Pop
June 2010: CBR October 2011: The Dream
November 2011: POR May 2012: AKV- Kidani
February 2013: POR May 2013: CBR December 2013: The Fantasy
Princess Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: