DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
Tamar
If you're not going to snort, what's the point of laughing??

Question re: online booking with transferred points

Hi all,

Does anyone know if you can see availability at 11 months if you only have transferred points for a resort? I will be wanting a hard-to-get room category at a resort I don't own, and am thinking that having transferred points for that resort might be the way to go--but only if I can see rooms at the 11 month window once the points are in my account.
Tamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
DenLo
DIS Veteran

That's a good question. I not sure, but I doubt it, because the points don't show up on your account. Hopefully someone with experience will let you know. Otherwise can you let us know at the 11 month period if it worked?

Edit: I just checked the online booking page on the MS website and it shows this:

Quote:
To book a reservation using Transferred Vacation Points, please contact Member Services at (xxx) xxx-xxx.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

You can't use transfered points to book online at any time frame. You HAVE to call MS to use transferred points. If you get transferred points, they DO retain the home resort booking advantage, but you will lose an hour because you have to call MS, while others can use online. Maybe with the website changes they will add the ability to use transferred points.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
Tamar
If you're not going to snort, what's the point of laughing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyman_apd View Post
You can't use transfered points to book online at any time frame. You HAVE to call MS to use transferred points. If you get transferred points, they DO retain the home resort booking advantage, but you will lose an hour because you have to call MS, while others can use online. Maybe with the website changes they will add the ability to use transferred points.
<sigh> I guess this won't work for me. I was really hoping to be able to view availability so I could be opportunistic about grabbing a room when it was available, since at 11 months our dates will be flexible.
Tamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #5
LisaS
DIS Veteran

I think the only time you see transferred points in your online account is if they are the same resort and UY as one of your own contracts. I own BWV, Oct UY points so there is already a place in my account that holds those points. If I transfer in BWV, Oct UY points they can just increase my existing point balance for the appropriate UY (Oct 2012, Oct 2013, etc). If I transfer in BWV points with an Apr UY or BLT points of whatever UY, there is no place in my account to add those points so the information about those transferred points is stored in some other way that MS can see but our online account at dvcmember.com cannot.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #6
VLee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyman_apd View Post
The exception to this as noted by the previous poster is IF you transfer in points from the same home resort and use year as one you own, then you will be able to see those points in your account and use them for online booking. I just did this when I transferred in BWV June use year accounts to my BWV June use year account.
BWV - Boardwalk View - 10/2007 - Family Reunion!
OKW - Labor Day 2007 - Pirate & Princess Party
BWV/Beach Club -- 05/2007 -- The kids and Me!
VWL -- Christmas 2006 -Mom and Me!
AS Movies 09/2006 - Jen & Kids - Brant's 4th BD!
Beach Club Villa 05/2006 - Brant and Me
Wilderness Cabins/Old Key West 01/2006-Hollye's 6th!
Polynesian Resort / Beach Club Villa 9/2005-Jen & Kids
Pop Century/ Old Key West 05/2005 - The kids & Me
AS Movies/WL Villa/ PO French Qtr 10/2004-Halloween
Pop Century/Port Orleans FQ 05/2004 - Hollye and Me
BoardWalk Villa/WL Villa 12/2003 - First Christmas!
Polynesian Resort 05/2003 -- First Trip!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VLee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: