Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
AC7179
DIS Veteran

Surf's Up Breakfast

Can you order off the menu at the breakfast at PPH? Mom and I are not huge breakfast eaters and don't get our money's worth, while my husband and daughters love these meals. We've ordered off a limited menu before, but I'm not seeing menu items listed anymore, just the buffet.
AC7179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

I'm fairly certain it's just buffet. I went last year. The character interaction is good, and it's the only meal with Mickey, so when paying you have to remember that you're paying for the entire "experience", not just the food.
sonnyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure it's just a buffet too.

That being said, we went and it was really good! I'm not a big breakfast person either, but it's really not all that expensive, considering some of the others.

The food was all delicious and there were tons of options, and the characters were great too.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #4
RavenRequiem
Mouseketeer

We went in October and my husband, who is usually not a breakfast eater, loved the buffet. The options were wonderful. We'd almost go again, just for the food. He was able to eat enough to last him most of the day. We didn't have to worry about eating too much throughout the day because we were pretty full from breakfast.

The character interaction was fantastic. Mickey & Stitch had a cute little fight because Mickey took too long to decide to dance with her and Stitch came along and stole the dance. It was also the only place I saw Daisy our trip. Might just have been my luck on that one.
RavenRequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #5
6Smiles
DIS Veteran

We just returned from our trip and I am not a huge breakfast eater either. I booked the breakfast at 10:20 am which is when I generally eat and made this meal brunch. They have a make your own egg/omelet station and lots of delicious fruit. The character interaction was fantastic - Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Pluto, Stitch and Santa stopped by as well. It was our new favorite meal as the character interaction was just great with the dancing, surfing and follow the leader.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:53 AM   #6
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

We have gone to character breakfasts there since 2007, and they haven't *had* a menu from which to order in all that time.

They do give you the choice at the character breakfast at the Grand Californian, but once you've ordered your one thing and gotten a coffee, you're pretty much to the price of the buffet (which includes that coffee), and you don't have any choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Smiles View Post
They have a make your own egg/omelet station and lots of delicious fruit.
Oh yes they do. They made me up a Huevos Rancheros (cracked the eggs in front of me and everything) that makes me cry to think of how good it was. I might, very well might, go to that character meal in the future simply for that dish. Combined with the "avocado salsa" that was further on the buffet and it was a dish fit for a queen. SO good.

I had the same sort of dish at Steakhouse 55 at the end of our trip, and while it was good, it was not even in the same good universe as the ones the chef made for me at Surf's Up.

Get that, some fruit, maybe one of their little croissants...WELL worth the scads of money charged, IMO. SO good.

Just avoid the scrambled "eggs"! Those are egg *product*, and nearly made me cry in the sad way, before DH told me about the egg station. (I'm highly sensitive when it comes to eggs...they are either heaven on a plate, or they ruin my day)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:42 AM   #7
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

We ate at the character breakfast at the PCH Grill in December 2006 when it was still the Lilo & Stitch meal. We were on a tight budget so DH and I ordered off the menu (not buffet) and had water to drink. Our sons were 4 and 6 at the time and prices were cheaper back then, so child pricing wasn't too bad to order the buffet for them. Don't know when/if they gave up the menu there. Agree with others though that Disney has equalized pricing enough to not make it worth ordering off the menu versus buffet at Storyteller's breakfast, so that would probably be true even if Surf's Up has a non-buffet menu.
longtimedisneylurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #8
AC7179
DIS Veteran

I appreciate the help!
AC7179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #9
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Remember that at the PCH Grill, Disney Visa Cardmembers get 10% off when they use either their credit card of their Disney Rewards Redemption Card.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: