Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which Walt Disney World Park Will YOU Visit First?
Magic Kingdom 150 64.10%
Epcot 54 23.08%
Hollywood Studios 14 5.98%
Animal Kingdom 16 6.84%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #121
xxnaomi89xx
Mouseketeer

Definitely Magic Kingdom. Walking down Main Street USA and seeing the castle for the first time is a great way to begin your trip. Everything from the sights smells and sounds as your entering the park is just wonderful and makes me teary every time. Magic Kingdom is always the first park we visit. My next trip can't come soon enough.

"Let the memories begin"
xxnaomi89xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #122
MonorailCentral
Dreamer

Though circumstances will occasionally dictate a different strategy, we always head for MK first. It was the first (and only) park when I was a kid, and it really brings back the memories, nostalgia, and makes me instantly feel like a kid again.
MonorailCentral is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #123
MouseBrayden
Walt Disney World YouTuber (MickeyViews), WDW Ride Expert, Collector of Monorail Playsets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnaomi89xx View Post
Definitely Magic Kingdom. Walking down Main Street USA and seeing the castle for the first time is a great way to begin your trip. Everything from the sights smells and sounds as your entering the park is just wonderful and makes me teary every time. Magic Kingdom is always the first park we visit. My next trip can't come soon enough.
Walking down Man Street is such a classic experience.

Please Click Here to check out my Walt Disney World YouTube Videos! I have videos of Firework Shows, Resort Hotels, WDW Concerts, WDW Restaurants, and TONS more!

'06 Polynesian - Rarotonga
'08 Grand Floridian - Sugar Loaf (Club Level)
'10 Grand Floridian - Sugar Loaf (Club Level)
'11 Grand Floridian - Main Building (Club Level)
'12 Polynesian - Hawaii (Club Level - Garden View)
'13 Hard Rock Hotel
'13 Waldorf Astoria - 12 Floor (Disney/Pool View)

MouseBrayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #124
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

For people, like a lot on the DIS board, I can see Magic Kingdom first.

However, for first timers, I always suggest Epcot - especially if they are doing all the parks and have children. Once children ride all the rides in Magic Kingdom, they sometimes get to the other parks and just want to go back to Magic Kingdom.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #125
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

I voted for Hollywood Studios, but my reasoning has nothing to do with the breakdown in the first post. For us, the first day is our arrival day, which we will not have a full day in a park. I pick what park we will visit that day based on which one I know we can do in a half day. When I talk to first timers, if they are only going to have one day per park, that is the advice I give them.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #126
dprincessmom
Mouseketeer

Hollywood Studios

I am going against the grain for the very reason of rides. If you start your trip with rides around every corner then the rest of the parks may be a let down to the younger kids in your party.

We typically do HS first because you get the characters without a huge line and you don't feel like you are using "ride time" for the little ones to see their favorites.

Once they see the characters, you can do the rides and shows and still be ok calling it an early night. For us this just works and makes MK (once we get there) extra special.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #127
MouseBrayden
Walt Disney World YouTuber (MickeyViews), WDW Ride Expert, Collector of Monorail Playsets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dprincessmom View Post
I am going against the grain for the very reason of rides. If you start your trip with rides around every corner then the rest of the parks may be a let down to the younger kids in your party.

We typically do HS first because you get the characters without a huge line and you don't feel like you are using "ride time" for the little ones to see their favorites.

Once they see the characters, you can do the rides and shows and still be ok calling it an early night. For us this just works and makes MK (once we get there) extra special.
I think that's the main reason why people do Hollywood Studios first. Great idea!

Please Click Here to check out my Walt Disney World YouTube Videos! I have videos of Firework Shows, Resort Hotels, WDW Concerts, WDW Restaurants, and TONS more!

'13 Hard Rock Hotel

Old 05-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #128
MouseBrayden

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I voted for Hollywood Studios, but my reasoning has nothing to do with the breakdown in the first post. For us, the first day is our arrival day, which we will not have a full day in a park. I pick what park we will visit that day based on which one I know we can do in a half day. When I talk to first timers, if they are only going to have one day per park, that is the advice I give them.
Agree!

'13 Hard Rock Hotel

Tags
epcot, magic kingdom, parks, planning help, vacation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: