Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
wkla13
Earning My Ears

Just Back - Thank you!!!

My family visited WDW May 11-18. It was my 3rd visit, but first as planner, and the first visit for DH, DS7 and DS4. We had such an amazing time! I want to thank everyone on DISboards for all of the wonderful information and taking the time to answer my research questions.

We had many highlights on our trip but my most memorable moment was being chosen to be First Family on our first day into Magic Kingdom on Mothers day. Everyone was so wonderful and to be up on the train platform with all of the Characters was a moment I will never forget. My boys were awe struck!!!

The food in the parks for the most part is delicious with our favourites being Be Our Guest (we were there for lunch) and Ohana (dinner). The character meals are so much fun and we fit 4 of these in too. FYI...there is so much food on the buffets and at the family style table service restaurants...bring an empty tummy!

We only found the crowds really heavy on Monday (13th) in Epcot but for the most part the wait times were about 20 minutes. We used Fast Passes a few times (ie. Peter Pans Flight) but the standby lines were moving pretty quickly.

We took in so much that we were zonked by the end of every day between the rides (loved Soarin), Parades, Shows (Beauty and the Beast was fabulous) and meeting characters. We missed some of the rides, shows and characters but that just gives us an excuse to visit again&my family is already planning for next year! J

Thanks again for all of the advice an helpful hints&this is a really great forum and I will keep checking back so we can make our next trip just as wonderful!
Old 05-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
kgsmith
DIS Veteran

It sounds like your family had a great trip.

How wonderful that you were chosen as First Family on your first day -- and on Mother's Day, too! That must have been an incredible way to start your vacation

Have you started planning the next trip?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: